shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of solitaire for small fingers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock

My honey got me a diamond upgrade this past weekend! I have a size 3.5 ring and a .81 round diamond solitaire, which looks HUGE! It looks like over a carat.

Just wondering, for those of you who have small fingers, what size diamond do you have?

So many people here have a 1-3 carat diamond. I could never wear that.

Any pictures? (Sorry, I have not taken any pictures of my ring yet)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Size 5ish and mines a .86

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am a size 4.5 and my ring has a center stone of 1.25ct and two .25ct side stones. At first I thought it was a little big for my finger, but now I think it''s a good size and I wouldn''t mind having a bigger one
emotion-5.gif
. It''s a matter of preferrence when it comes to size of the stone.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
My finger is 4.25, my ring is 4.5 (I plan on moving it to the right hand because I don''t want to stack a w-ring next to the tapered shank of my e-ring, I don''t think it will look good) and my stone is a 1.23 carat Asscher. I wouldn''t mind going larger when I''m older, but for now I''m a grad student who wears jeans everyday and I think my ring is perfect
1.gif
10.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I''m a size 4.5 and I have a .82ct round center stone w/.25ct side pears... and I love it!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a size 3.75 and I wear a 3.01 ct pear. See avatar.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I have a size 4 finger and my diamond is 0.75ct

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hi! My ring size is 3.
My center stone is .95, but its an OEC, so it really only has the diameter of.. I''m not sure what the conversion is, but its a bit smaller than a modern round diameter.

Its in a 3 stone truffle setting with 2 .30 sidestones, and the three stones take up more than the width of my finger.

I loove it..

Melissa

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is 3.5 (recently resized) and it is a 1.34 RB. Don''t tell FI this, but I think one day I''d like to have a 2 ct stone
emotion-14.gif
You can see pics in the show me the ring forum.

Cheers,
NS

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
NewShiny,
Where is the post with pic of your ring? The 1.43 carat must look huge on your finger. I wanna see. Me too, I want a 2ct ring. I want a diamond that would cover the width of my finger. hahaha.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Width of your finger? I think that would look way too big!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha. I didnt say which finger. Hahaha. My pinkie is not that fat
emsmilep.gif
. I didn''t go around trying on rings, so my only perception on size is my ering. I have no idea how a 1.25ct and above looks on my finger. I am a newbie with diamond. I don''t think I want anything that is more than 5ct, but that''s not my final answer.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What ring size are you qtiekiki?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Well, my ering is size 4.5. I think my finger is actually around a size 4, but I have big knuckles... hint the size 4.5 ring. I don''t think my finger look that much bigger than the size 3.5 finger I seen on this site.

genie

Rough_Rock
My ring size is 2 and 3/4 and my e-ring is 1.007 carats....It does look pretty large considering...it probably looks like a 1.5 carat on my hand.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2004 2:21:34 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I am a size 4.5 and my ring has a center stone of 1.25ct and two .25ct side stones. At first I thought it was a little big for my finger, but now I think it's a good size and I wouldn't mind having a bigger one
emotion-5.gif
. It's a matter of preferrence when it comes to size of the stone.
qtiekiki
yes, its call diamond shrinkage syndrome.you will catch the disease soon or later.
9.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I think alot of it has to do with where you live and your age what size is really right.

For example, I understand Asians get much smaller ones than we 'supersize it' Americans do but if you go to the Midwest compared to say, New York City, they will be smaller too. Large cities tend to get bigger diamonds. Even here where I live in Chicago, if you live in the city, you will see much bigger stones than in the burbs. I think in NYC, they usually start at 3 cts.

Congratulations on your upgrade AND your honey!

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Oh man, you girls are all so petite! My girlfriend is a size 7, albeit an extremely SEXY size 7
31.gif

I hope the princess 1.3C I''m looking for looks half as good as it does on all the hands I''ve seen here. They all look gorgeous.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
my ring size is 4.5 and my fi just got me a 1.63 rb...I love the size on my finger...and I would never tell him, but I could see going up to 2-2.25 eventually. For now the size is perfect though!

pg_rider

Rough_Rock
My fiancee has a size 4 finger and I gave her a 1.23ct Princess. I was worried that it would be too big but honestly I now think it''s just right....

16860.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
My finger is size 4.25 and I''m getting my .95 ct round set between .10 ct rounds.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 2:47:11 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 11/16/2004 2:21:34 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I am a size 4.5 and my ring has a center stone of 1.25ct and two .25ct side stones. At first I thought it was a little big for my finger, but now I think it''s a good size and I wouldn''t mind having a bigger one
emotion-5.gif
. It''s a matter of preferrence when it comes to size of the stone.
qtiekiki
yes, its call diamond shrinkage syndrome.you will catch the disease soon or later.
9.gif
I think I already caught the disease with the help of pricescope, and diamonds are just so addictive.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is a 3 and I wear at 1.2 round solitaire. I think it''s the perfect size for me! I will try to attach a link to a picture of my rings. Picture of Rings on Finger

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a size 2 1/4 and my ering is a 1.65 ct. It looks like a 2 ct! I won''t be upgrading for a long time. :)

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Wow, and I thought my 4.25 finger was a small digit. Threes? Twos?!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My ring size is 4.5, and I have a 3.22 ct princess.

ourhands2.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another picture that shows my ring looks about right on my finger (ignore the bad manicure, please!). Although my fingers are on the small side, they are really long which helps me to pull off a slightly larger stone. That being said, when I tried on round stones, I would never have gone above 2 carats as it looked as though I was wearing costume jewelry.

ring10.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 12:26:27 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Researcher!

Wowwwwwwwyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Is that a good comment, or bad?
2.gif
It''s funny, but when I went to visit relatives in Ohio they really didn''t compliment me much on my ring, just sort of stared at it and said, "he must really love you". In Del Mar, CA I have random people coming up to me and saying, "How precious! Your ring is so cute!". It''s strange how reactions differ between people with diamonds that are no more than 1 carat and don''t see the point in a larger stone, and people who are sporting 5+ carat stones. I guess you really do have to focus on finding the stone and ring that is perfect for you!

Oh, and fortheloveofdiamonds, your new ring and future band truly are perfect IMO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results