shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here not tone deaf?

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds "Insult to the pilgrims" made me cackle. Also, your new avatar is adorable.

People who sing, can you please explain why she's gasping for breath right after "o say" and at odd intervals throughout? Does it take a lot of wind to sing that badly?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... People who sing, can you please explain why she's gasping for breath right after "o say" and at odd intervals throughout? Does it take a lot of wind to sing that badly?

I'd phrase it differently.

I'd say people who sing poorly usually have not been trained to, or do not bother (among many other things) to use every breath efficiently.
Many waste much of the air that they inhaled to achieve a "breathy" sound.

Wasting precious air is common in singers who are not classically trained, or are but ignore their training ... usually to comply with current fads in singing commercial, aka non-classical, music.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds "Insult to the pilgrims" made me cackle. Also, your new avatar is adorable.

People who sing, can you please explain why she's gasping for breath right after "o say" and at odd intervals throughout? Does it take a lot of wind to sing that badly?

Thank you Mrs Blue

It's in memorial to our dear Tibby Tabby

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
My toes were curling as I listened to her catawalling! I was embarrassed just listening to it:eek-2:

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
:wall::wall::wall:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I really did think she was partaking in some masterful trolling, at first. I was laughing so hard and then just sort of petered out in disbelief.:eek-2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By now there are many videos of pianists struggling to figure out all the keys she modulated to.

This guy not only nailed the keys (when even possible, as much of her pitch butchering is microtonal) he used a solid understanding of music theory to save her butt.
He even turned it into, after a few beers, what might pass for a legitimate jazz interpretation.

Somehow he makes some of it sound good, even beautiful.
Lemon, meet Lemonade.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That guy was entertaining! He almost (well, not really) saved her!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL :mrgreen:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Didn’t like that either.....yIkes! Call
me old fashioned, but a national anthem should be sung with dignity and respect.

+1. :bigsmile: Your national anthem, like "Happy Birthday" is best when people start off in a low key. My DH (although he can't sing a note, he can hear when people are off key) and I always yell, "Too high!" when people start on too high a note with either of the aforementioned songs.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
By now there are many videos of pianists struggling to figure out all the keys she modulated to.

This guy not only nailed the keys (when even possible, as much of her pitch butchering is microtonal) he used a solid understanding of music theory to save her butt.
He even turned it into, after a few beers, what might pass for a legitimate jazz interpretation.

Somehow he makes some of it sound good, even beautiful.
Lemon, meet Lemonade.

Can someone @kenny (perhaps) record a piano accompaniment that stays on the right key and drowns out her voice completely?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone @kenny (perhaps) record a piano accompaniment that stays on the right key and drowns out her voice completely?
Often, especially with non-classical songs, there is no "right" key.
Every singer sings in the key that is best for their vocal range.

But, here you go.
You can't even hear her our newly-famous star.

Just don't look at the view count ... and no, this is not me playing.

Also notice this pianist played the whole thing in just ONE key. :doh:
Clearly he didn't graduate from Trump University's Music School.

Last edited:
My ears are bleeding o_O:oops2: She’d get tossed out of my high school choir if she sang like that and we had kids who were famous for inventing hitherto unknown flats lol. How did no one stop her???

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Often, especially with non-classical songs, there is no "right" key.
Every singer sings in the key that is best for their vocal range.

But, here you go.
You can't even hear her our newly-famous star.

Just don't look at the view count ... and no, this is not me playing.

Also notice this pianist played the whole thing in just ONE key. :doh:
Clearly he didn't graduate from Trump University's Music School.

Bravo!!!! Best rendition yet:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results