shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of DIMEND SCAASI??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I found this site with really nice rings for very reasonable prices. I am currently looking at this one asscher eternity band.

Here is their site: www.dimendscaasi.com

Has anyone ever heard of Dimend Scaasi? and had any experience with them?

Here is the ring I was interested in.
30.gif

asscher6.jpg

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Hi Milly: I bought my shared prong eternity ring from Dimend Scaasi several months ago (in person, not via web site). I had an excellent experience -- I feel that I got a great ring at a very competitive price -- and the owner, Isaac was very pleasant to work with.

The ring you are considering is just beautiful!

CRW_5414closeup.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Momothree your band looks beautiful!

Milly, I really like the band you''re looking at! I haven''t had any experiences with Dimend Scaasi, but I''ve tried to keep tabs when things are posted about them because they''re where I live and I like to know about local vendors. I can only remember reading positive things. If you do a search, they''ll come up in many posts. I havent read them all, but that might be a helpful way to look at the experiences of others who are no longer around on PS and older comments.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Are they related to DCD/James Allen? When I went to their signature page I would swear those are the same pictures from the DCD micropave line.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yup!! Dimend is in downtown chicago, I beleive you need an appointment to actually meet with them and view the store or "studio" as they call it. But i''ve heard they have great things and have thought about going there myself sometime! I''ve only heard great things about them!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Irish Eyes perhaps you could go and work there when ya''ll make the move to Chicago!...then you could tell us about all the yummy things inside.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, you''re a genius!!!!!
9.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I first heard of them on these forums when kimbe posted her e-ring. I
30.gif
ADORE
30.gif
her setting and if I ever upgrade, I will definitely be shopping there. So what if I''m in CA!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info guys! They seem to have some really nice products at very competitive prices. I will definitely consider them.

BTW, momothree, your eternity ring looks beautiful. How are the quality of the stones? Do they sparkly like crazy?

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments on my ring, Milly. The stones are round ideal cut diamonds F-VS2, total weight 2.63cts (roughly 15 pointers) and they sparkle like mad.

Sorry about your bad experience, Jason. It certainly didn''t sound pleasant. Since my visit was pressure-free and others have also had good experiences, I guess it pays to be educated and then judge for yourself.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your story with me Jason. I appreciate it very much.

momothree, what size is the ring?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love how the band is almost scalloped looking. Yummy!

momothree

Shiny_Rock
My ring is 5-7/8.
Matatora: here''s a side view. I guess it is a little "scallop-y"

5406side.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Signed pieces also has some great asscher eternity bands and their prices are very good as well. I bought my eternity band from them and am thrilled with it.

scaasi

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, this is Isaac, the owner of dimend SCAASI.

It is so nice to read all the great feedback posted on us, and every so often someone would say "hey, you have to read this post about you"... I don''t always have a chance to log in and read, but every so often when I do, it is heart warming to read these great reviews.

I also read Jason''s review and was really shocked at his description of the ''pressure'' he had received from me. What Jason neglected to mention was that he scheduled appointments and came to see me on 3 different lengthy occasions. On every appointment, Jason received the type of education and service we are known for. I showed him many diamonds up on a large screen LCD magnified up to 300 times, taught him about Colors, Clarities and Cut, but the one he liked was an SI2 (Ideal-cut and rated Excellent for both Polish and Symmetry) which the GIA graded based on internal clouds. These diamonds appear clean under magnification and so, are very attractive. He did have a choice of many other diamonds, but this ''clean'' SI2 was very appealing to him.

At the end of our 3rd session, when Jason decided against this diamond (I did also have a pending client who was interested in this diamond and who ended up buying an EightStar diamond instead), we ended the last session, shook hands and I said I was going to keep an eye out for another diamond for him.
A few days went by, and Jason shows up (without an appointment), asking to see me. He then showed me a diamond he bought somewhere else and asked for my opinion. I said the diamond was very pretty and congratulated him on his purchase. Jason wanted to buy one of our settings and I told him it is our policy to only sell our settings along with one of our diamonds, and since Jason didn''t buy a diamond from us, we cannot sell him a setting.

At that point, I had to prepare for my next appointment and so I said goodbye to Jason thinking that even though he didn''t find a diamond with us, he at least found a diamond to his liking. That was the last I thought of it until I read this review.

We strive to sell our diamonds and settings at competitive price. And while you might be able to find sites out there who only exist in cyberspace, and who might offer diamonds for a few % cheaper, you must factor in that sitting with me in person, taking an hour or so to educate and show you what Colors, Clarities and Cut are all about, is worth it (we also offer the ability to upgrade a diamond bought from us with full credit). Once the diamond selection is over, we proceed to either select a setting, or I will personally design one for you.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Jason and his fiancé all the best.
Should anyone have any further questions or concerns, I can be reached via email at [email protected] or by phone at 888.502.1700.

Thank you all again for your continuing support, its your love and passion of Gems and Jewelry that inspires my creativity and I owe my success to you all.

Best regards,

Isaac Gottesman
Owner, dimend SCAASI

jgh12

Rough_Rock
It’s interesting to see how differently actions and words are perceived by people.

I must clarify certain things so the readers can judge for themselves. My initial session with Isaac was unannounced, but he still invested time in educating me for a sale. Afterwards, I made one appointment to place the diamond on hold and another appointment to examine the cloud again. Both appointments did not last very long and were interrupted by other people who randomly walked in without an appointment. Additionally, during once session he even made me wait 20minutes past my appointment slot while he helped make a sale to another unannounced couple. I’m not sure about others, but I find it rude for a jeweler to walk out on you or make you wait while he helps others during your scheduled appointment session. Perhaps it’s just my perception, but his actions made it seem like an appointment was not necessary to get his attention.

In terms of words, how would you take it if someone said, “We need to decide today if this diamond is for you because I have someone else who wants it so the diamond will sell if you don’t take it.” Again, perhaps the pressure of a sale was just my perception, but that is what I heard.

Yes, the final encounter was unannounced, but given his past actions I did not see a reason why he wouldn’t help me especially since he did say that he would search the database and keep his eyes open for me. However, as soon as I pulled out the other diamond his facial expression changed. Whether or not he meant anything by it can be debated, but my perception was not positive since the words and actions which followed clearly reflected a change in mood. My showing of the diamond was intended to be used as comparison with his inventory, but all he said was “that’s a pretty diamond” and rushed me out the door. I would’ve happily gone with another recommendation but he didn’t even try. In the end I left still feeling uneasy about things.

Those who have followed my postings know that I ended up returning that diamond because it did not have a good HCA score. The lack of performance could clearly be seen, but Isaac did not mention it at all. Once again, this may be all a matter of perception, but a truly dedicated and trusted jeweler should put your mind at ease. I did not gain such relief from his store.

However, never once did I say not to go to his store because I do believe in judging for ones self. The reason I wanted to share my story is to offer another perspective of my dealings with the readers of this forum. In the end, only you can be the judge of perceived service.

Happy Hunting!
Jason

jenna_g

Rough_Rock
My fiance bought my ring from Dimend Scaasi and we are both thrilled with it! It is a 1.03 round I, VS1 in a white gold setting. It looks very much like this one but it is set much lower, which I love!

11.jpg

My fiance initially made an appointment there because he was so impressed with their professional-looking website. He was happy with the whole process and we are both happy with the results!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! Congrats I hope you post pictures of the actual ring in the Show me the Ring Forum!

jenna_g

Rough_Rock
I''ve tried taking picture after picture and they never come out! I don''t know whether it''s the camera or just my lack of photography skills! ;-)

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry about your picture taking skills. I''ve been told mine aren''t the greatest, either, but I post pictures of my jewels anyway. And don''t forget to post "hand shots". We all love those!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Jenna,

Practice makes perfect. I was terrible at the beginning too, but after playing around with it, I am much better now. Taking pics of diamonds is very hard. Post pics ASAP and like Suzi said don''t forget the hand shots! Those are mandatory.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results