shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
It's surreal to me this Monday morning as this is NOT what we started out with - -my fiance proposed without a ring because he wanted to be engaged before we went shopping together, and he wanted me to get what I wanted. I have a sad story of how things worked out with the first jeweler and a great story about how wonderful Isaac at Dimend Scaasi in Chicago was to help us find something even better! I guess I should make a separate post about that story, because I really want people to be able to learn from our mistakes. We sure did, and came out with a MUCH better stone than we would have from the first jeweler!

Unfortunately, I don't have ability to focus completely going in close for the ring -- probably don't have a good enough camera, so please pardon the blurriness.

Diamond:

.98 ct.
E
VS2
Round ideal cut, H&A
Dimend Scassi platinum setting with engraving and pave stones on crown and top of band

Kimberley

IMG_0739small.JPG

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
Second pic

IMG_0744small.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
It''s gorgeous!!
30.gif

I''m so glad that everything finally worked out!!

Keep those pics coming!
31.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! what a beauty! the setting looks amazing! congrats!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
love it!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it. Congratulations!!!! Very pretty setting. More pics please??
30.gif
36.gif

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
Shoot! Can't post the sideview of the ring because I already posted it on another thread! I even changed the name and size of the file, but it won't let me . . . anyway!

Wish I could photograph the sheer brilliance of the stone!! Thank you Issac of Dimend Scaasi!!! I'd recommend him to ANYONE, especially guys who are just learning about stones - we were looking at a G SI1 larger stone, about 1.16 and he showed us this one because he knew it was superior, and the other one was more expensive!! He was just a class act!

We got the wedding band, too -- here it is.

wedding band-kimmbe.jpg

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
Here''s the side view . .

side view-kimmbe.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kimmbe,
That diamond band is amazing. I just love it and think it''s so different from what your normally see. It''s stunning. I would love to see a profile shot of your ring, cause that setting is to die for. maybe someone will know how you can do it. I''m useless in the photo department!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was typing as you were posting the pic. Thanks, I just loooove the detail of that ring, so gorgeous.
30.gif

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone, for your kind words!! I''m so fortunate that everything worked out and realize it was for a reason because this ring is far superior to what we might have gotten. I''d say that when you''re gut is telling you something isn''t right, to go with it!

I might convince my fiance to let me put the band on and take pics of both, so I will if I can. I really love the hexagon shape of the eternity band and because it doesn''t sit flush with the e-ring, you can see all that detail clearly.

By the way, this wedding band works in combo with other shapes and precious stone combos, so I already am working on a second band to wear with the wedding band as my "first baby" present! :) TEEHEE! I think only Pricescope girls will appreciate that!

Here''s a link to the entire "English collection" from which we purchased my band.

http://www.dimendscassi.com/english/ring/default.asp

Kimberley

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhhh, its beautiful!
30.gif

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is unbelievably gorgeous! One of the prettiest I''ve ever seen, I think! Spectacular! Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and the side view is just incredible! Congratulations. Things certainly seemed to have worked out for the best.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, I love the antique look of your ring, it''s simply gorgeous. the wedding band looks like a great choice.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is beautiful! I love how it looks so antique-ish!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I wish I was as lucky as you, so that I could get *exactly* what I want.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That setting is awesome! I love the ''crown'' of the ring.. Well.. The part that looks like the crown// or head of the setting... or... well you know what I mean IT is FABULOUS!!!

Congratulations!!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that crown/basket/prongs whatever you wanna call it is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

I love it!!

Congrats!!!

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
Oh, thanks SO much for all your praise!! It means alot, especially because we had thought we''d have an entirely different ring today, and lucked out to get this much more delicate and special setting, not to mention the DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS stone that you all can''t tell is so gorgeous. I know now that everybody''s rings I''ve been admiring for a couple months now are THAT much more beautiful in person!

You know, to those of you who want to help choose your own setting, you might suggest to your guy that you''d be thrilled with a plain solitaire setting for the engagement so that you can then go choose the setting you want . . .

Kimberley

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
kimmbee
beautiful ring
30.gif
congrats!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Beautiful ring! I was just looking at rings with intricate crowns on the internet the other day, but your''s is much more beautiful than anything I saw! Congrats!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the side-view of the ring!!
30.gif
Gorgeous! Next time I go downtown I''ll have to checkout Scassi, I''ve been curious in the past to see their stuff, now I''m REALLY curious! Congrats!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Oh, it''s just gorgeous!!!! Love it and the band is great too! Congratulations!!!!
30.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
A ring fit for a princess! Absolutely beautiful mounting and diamond!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- that is a beautiful ring.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!!! Beautiful ring!!!!!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. GOD. It''s freaking gorgeous!!!!!!! That setting is just amazing! Tell us more about it...designer, etc...it''s just breathtaking.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful design,beautiful ring.
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results