shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone hear of this Designer and collection?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to a jewelry store in St. Helena, CA called Palladium, and they were wonderful folks... anyway... I saw a stunning wedding band by Carl Blackburn from his Abacus collection... and the guys at the store told me the designer has engagement settings that he customizes for clients, including ones with bezel halos, from this collection that match this band (although they didn''t have any in stock), and that I should take a look online see if I like any of them, and call them. But the site for Carl Blackburn doesn''t have that collection... and So.... I was wondering if any of your resourceful folks could help me out?

First, is this a good designer? The band seemed very reasonably priced, and it was really quite stunning and delicate (I''ve included a picture of the band from another site)-- about 950 dollars for the platinum with .25 carats of diamonds-- but I know nothing about the designer... and can''t find information about this collection. Second.. anyone know where this collection is shown online? Help? Thanks so much! Gypsy

abacus honeycomb.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

Although I''m not familiar with that designer, I''m drooling over that ring! It''s fabulous! Maybe I should make a trip to St. Helena to see it myself! Good luck in your search.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
I was looking on the Carl Blackburn website under "Jewelry Trends & Jewelry Styles", and there was a paragraph under the first picture that included:

To arrange a private viewing of Carl Blackburn’s vintage-
inspired collections, please contact Abacus Jewelers.
Tel: 619-463-4624 Fax: 619-465-7603 E-mail: [email protected]

619 area code is San Diego, by the way.

Don''t know if that is a clue, but the word Abacus stood out.

Good luck

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Carl Blackburn is a Scandinavian designer represented by the distributor Abacus in the US. His work is wonderful and well priced. It is available in 18kt white/yellow gold and platinum. In the future the name will change to Beverley K Collection.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I can email him, and also look for him in the future under the name Beverly K. And Bill Pearlman gave him a seal of approval, which is, frankly, as good as it gets.

Jelly, It''s SO much prettier in person too! You should definately find a place that carries it to take a look. I loved it, Big time!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, Bill... does Pearlman''s carry this line? Have you seen any engagement settings that go with this ring? I have a one carat asscher I want set with a halo, but I may want it set um... <> that way instead of...[ ] ... this way. Does that make any sense? THANKS!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like I asked the right question! Wow, the store I visited only had a couple of his stuff... but WOW the whole collection is stunning! There were multiple things I liked on nearly every page. Unfortunately, none of the semi-mounts did it for me... but maybe I''ll have to ask them if they''ll do a custom setting for me. Hmm.... THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results