shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a WF or SC 6 prong Tiffany rep WITH a shared prong eternity band?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by sna77, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sna77
    Brilliant_Rock

2. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » Dec 30, 2006
    Demelza had the set. here''s a pictures of her rings but I think she said the shared prong band would scratch her e-ring so didn''t wear them together. tiffany shared prong wedding bands are much lower than other brands. I think memoire''s are low too but they are pricey as well.
    she did a whole thread on trying to find the right wedding band to go with the SC solitaire, you can read it here:

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/scott-kay-pave-band-vs-plain-a-taste-test-t36063-30.html

[​IMG]

3. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Dec 30, 2006
    I would second the idea of going with Memoire if you don''t want to pay for a Tiffany eternity band. It sits very low and can be worn with a low-set e-ring.

New Rings 045d.jpg

4. Jewels
    Shiny_Rock

by Jewels » Dec 30, 2006
    I have that exact Tiffany & Co. combo and the 2 rings do not rub. The Tiffany band sits very low.

From various pics that I have seen on PS, I think SC makes the best Tiffany replica. You can always give SC a call and they may be able to make a band that goes with their Tiffany setting?

Good luck with your search. What is the size of the stone for your solitaire?

5. sna77
    Brilliant_Rock

by sna77 » Dec 30, 2006
    I would second the idea of going with Memoire if you don''t want to pay for a Tiffany eternity band. It sits very low and can be worn with a low-set e-ring.

Can you send a link to thir site? I couldn''t find it on Google...

I have a 2.37 ct WF one.

6. HooCares
    Shiny_Rock

7. sna77
    Brilliant_Rock

8. jenniegirlm
    Shiny_Rock

by jenniegirlm » Dec 30, 2006
    Go to the Petite Prong collection, then choose the TCW you want. I have the Memoire 1 ctw. I also wanted a Tiffany''s, but I thought it was too expensive. Memoire was the next best thing.

[​IMG]

9. Tacori E-ring
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Tacori E-ring » Dec 30, 2006
    I cast another vote for a Memoire band. I do not have one (yet hehe!) but have seen Diamondseeker''s in person and it is perfection! I love it paired up with a sleek solitare. It is a classic look.

10. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Dec 30, 2006
    Thanks, Tacori! Mine is .75 cts. and 7 stones, just so you know.

11. Tacori E-ring
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Tacori E-ring » Dec 30, 2006
    I only speak the truth! [​IMG][​IMG]

12. HooCares
    Shiny_Rock

by HooCares » Dec 30, 2006
    I think the key is choosing a 6 prong E-ring setting that has a raised head. I don''t quite know how to explain it. But with the setting that I have (without a raised head), there is no way that a wedding band won''t rub against it. See pic of my e-ring with Memoire band:

IMG_0057small2.JPG

13. HooCares
    Shiny_Rock

I think what I have is similar to this setting:

style3.jpg

14. HooCares
    Shiny_Rock

If you can get with more of a raised head like this pic, you might be able to avoid the rubbing if you get a low set eternity band. I think Tiffany''s E-ring setting is like this one. Anyway, I''m sorry if I''m not describing what I mean clearly. Maybe someone else can chime in with their opinion.

style2.jpg

15. sna77
    Brilliant_Rock

by sna77 » Dec 31, 2006
    That''s the exact setting she has. Looks like it probably won''t rub. =) I think I want to do 3ish ct tw for the setting, so I wanted to make sure that would fit OK. [​IMG]

16. ljmorgan
    Brilliant_Rock

by ljmorgan » Jan 1, 2007
    Another thing to consider, if you want to have the eternity band made, is to make sure the diamond girdles are not exposed -- this will protect your other jewelry. So "sitting low" is not the only factor -- a great way to take care of the problem is just making sure the melee girdles are not rubbing the head of your e-ring. Here is my set, you can see both rings have the metal come up right near the top of the small diamonds, just like the tiffany eternity band.

[​IMG]

17. Lynn B
    Ideal_Rock

by Lynn B » Jan 1, 2007
    Seconding Lindsey above. For what you are looking for, that is the key to a successful set... you do not want the girdles of the melee in the w-ring to rub (abrade) your e-ring. THAT is not pretty!

I used to have a shared prong set, made by WF. The rings were carefully crafted so as to not have any diamond overhang over the metal - thus no rubbing. That''s what you are looking for. It''s really hard to tell with the naked eye if a shared prong ring is made like that, or if the girdles of any of the small stones are exposed - even a little. It takes a loupe and a skilled eye to know for sure. I would recommend you discuss this openly with whichever vendor you choose, beforehand.

It''s a classic, timeless and very beautiful look, and with a little careful planning and choosing, you should be able to enjoy it for years. Congrats!

18. sna77
    Brilliant_Rock

by sna77 » Jan 1, 2007
    You had one made by WF? I don''t see one listed on their site? I would hope they''d be able to match up their own setting with a WF band...

19. MODEVIL
    Rough_Rock

by MODEVIL » Jan 1, 2007
    I know WF = White Flash but what vendor is SC? I''m a newbie on this board. Thanks for the help and sorry if its a stupid question.

20. sna77
    Brilliant_Rock

by sna77 » Jan 1, 2007
    SuperbCert (i.e. www.exceldiamonds.com )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.