shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a nice EMERALD CUT ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AMF515

Rough_Rock
I have been on this site for a few weeks. I have read a lot of info. Not sure I understand all of it, but I know just want a nice diamond for the money I plan to spend! I looked at a ton of emerald cuts here but am just overwhelmed! If anyone can find a nice one for $4,500-$5,000 in a D-H Color (gia only) VS-1 or better, abt 1.25-1.35. Please help. Thanks in advance

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Have you done a pricescope search? You can search by quality or price. This will give a better idea of how far your budget will take you. It looks like for a well cut emerald in the the color/clarity range you are looking for you'll need to drop your carat weight a bit. However, if you're willing to go down to an 'I' color you may find something around 1.25 ctw.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think you should go on different websites and compare values.
I think that there are great values on the web,the mark up on diamonds are not that high,which is advantagious to you.

"shop and compare" is my motto.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always a good helper for cofee breaks, all these diamond hunts ...

Really, this should ot be all that bad. In about 10 min, three things caught my sight: they are items 1993237 , 2015941, 2048212, 1929098, 2012614 all at 'Dirtcheapdiamonds', in this order. I looked for cut parameters, color, clarity and budget. By the way, why not VS2? It should work fine, with no risks, for an EC. I have no special interest in this shop, it just happened to have a few things within your parameters, and, will most likely come up with more, if still needed.

Hope this helps,

Ana

AMF515

Rough_Rock
I did the pricesope search but there were just so many diamonds my eyes started to bug out after looking at all of them =
1.gif
Guess I just am getting a little frustrated as there is so much to look at! Keep the samples coming for those who don't mind..Thanks again

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I would advise if you're feeling overwhelmed. Pick a vendor. Tell him/her what you're looking for. Tell him/her your budget. See what they come up with.
1.gif

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
your budget will only allow a 1.25 hvs2 if you are looking for a well cut stone...which isn't a terrible thing!

good luck!

AMF515

Rough_Rock
I can live with that, I think...1.25 is fine, am I correct in looking for a well cut rather than an D/F color ? Anyone ??

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on how you perceive colour. An EC will show more body colour than a round. That may bother you, it may not, and you may not even see it.
1.gif
If I were buying an EC, I'd try to stay at G or better, and Vs2 clarity (or an eyeclean SI1, but that might be hard to find in an emerald cut of this size.)
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results