shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a lab sapphire or spinel from precision gem?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I might buy a lab one to confirm I 100% love it before committing to a natural one that cost way, way more and wanted to see some photos.
Thanks!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do. Give me a bit to get it out from it’s hiding spot.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
For this one yes. I took a screenshot of the vendor photo
3DE7EAB4-3BC4-41FF-AFB1-DC9F50EA1731.jpeg

Thanks! I’m going to stalk his website a bit to see if he ever cuts any ovals and maybe order an oval if he doesn’t.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a blue spinel from him that I love. Color is amazing (But got it custom cut so there was no vendor pic to compare to)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have a blue spinel from him that I love. Color is amazing (But got it custom cut so there was no vendor pic to compare to)

Ooh do you have photos? I might go that route since it’s so affordable.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a lab emerald but sold it because it was just too perfect.

It’s weird. In diamonds, I love lab diamonds and moissy because the goal is perfection. But lab colored gems seem to lack personality for me. The lab emerald was a better color and clarity than my natural emerald but there was something more beautiful to be about the natural one. I’ve also seen very nice lab sapphires but they also have that “too perfect” look Which I love in diamonds but apparently find eerie in colored gems lol.

Just to say if you get a lab stone it may or may not be an accurate judge of whether you’d like the natural version.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I had a lab emerald but sold it because it was just too perfect.

It’s weird. In diamonds, I love lab diamonds and moissy because the goal is perfection. But lab colored gems seem to lack personality for me. The lab emerald was a better color and clarity than my natural emerald but there was something more beautiful to be about the natural one. I’ve also seen very nice lab sapphires but they also have that “too perfect” look Which I love in diamonds but apparently find eerie in colored gems lol.

Just to say if you get a lab stone it may or may not be an accurate judge of whether you’d like the natural version.

I figured worst case scenario I can sell it and since it’d be cheaper the loss won’t be so bad. :))

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@winnietucker Did you ever purchase the lab stone? Thought I’d share the lab Ruby I received from Gene - you’ll recognize the setting; it turned out perfect!

Ahem... except for the fact that it still needs to be resized. It was sent out in a hurry with other projects before things went on lockdown. So for now, it’s a glam pinky ring. :lol:

FE9BDD0D-B189-4228-88F2-9DFB74B4544B.jpeg 0BAACF03-EF78-48C0-B0E5-47FF58FFB444.jpeg E3CD719D-9F3C-4082-BBE9-9C87A80920B6.jpeg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@winnietucker Did you ever purchase the lab stone? Thought I’d share the lab Ruby I received from Gene - you’ll recognize the setting; it turned out perfect!

Ahem... except for the fact that it still needs to be resized. It was sent out in a hurry with other projects before things went on lockdown. So for now, it’s a glam pinky ring. :lol:

FE9BDD0D-B189-4228-88F2-9DFB74B4544B.jpeg 0BAACF03-EF78-48C0-B0E5-47FF58FFB444.jpeg E3CD719D-9F3C-4082-BBE9-9C87A80920B6.jpeg

Looks great! I never did. He had different material and said it might be best for me to wait to see them cut before ordering so I did.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I recognize that setting and OMG does your ruby bring it to life. Damn! :love::love::love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great! I never did. He had different material and said it might be best for me to wait to see them cut before ordering so I did.

Good point - It’s always helpful to get the benefit of photos and videos ahead of time. I can assure you tho, you won’t be disappointed with the cutting. Gene is an absolute master.

I forgot to mention I also have one of his pad sapphires waiting to be set. I just picked up a pair of lab diamond cushions through David Klass and hope to get the project going as soon as things open up

6ED78845-C3BB-4A89-BA0F-FAE634D1A2B5.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What color are you looking for? Blue?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point - It’s always helpful to get the benefit of photos and videos ahead of time. I can assure you tho, you won’t be disappointed with the cutting. Gene is an absolute master.

I forgot to mention I also have one of his pad sapphires waiting to be set. I just picked up a pair of lab diamond cushions through David Klass and hope to get the project going as soon as things open up

I‘m literally panting over here. Oh my goodness, that is perfection.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Ooh that’s going to be gorgeous. Hope you post pics when it’s done!

I started popping on to the website multiple times a week because usually by the time I see the newsletter email stuff is sold out. People are fast! I’m hoping to find a blue spinel on his website before it sells out for the excitement of snagging one in the wild but I’ll prob have to reach out to him again to have one cut.

What color are you looking for? Blue?

Yes. They’re so pretty I feel like I need one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Good heavens, that's beautiful!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ruby 1.jpeg ruby 2.jpeg

Not exactly but I have one of his lab rubies that I bought forever ago... which I will set... one day. Unfortunately I got my first job just a couple months before lockdown happened and it is simply not something I can justify spending on right this second but once things go back to normal, its ON. I'm still deciding on a setting so that's been a fun project to pass the time.

I love Gene's stone and I know he offers ovals on his custom cut gems. I'm thinking of buying a blue and a pad sapphire too. Stonewell's pad is simply *chef's kiss*

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock

Did you ever set these stones? I would love to see the finished ring :)

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I have one but I've never seen it in-person. I bought a hydrothermal teal blue lab sapphire from Gene. I didn't even know they could make lab sapphires out of the hydrothermal method, I thought it was only for emeralds. Anyway, I only have a stock photo, as the stone was shipped directly to DK and he's not finished with it yet. The stone not on Gene's website anymore though, he seemed to have taken it off after I bought this one. With the hydrothermal sapphire, I was told the biggest he could go was ~7.5mm.

2907 email.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results