shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone has a H colour center stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bungee

Rough_Rock
Hi all!!

I''m currently looking for a 2 ct cushion and it seems like my budget can only afford a H colour.....I''m worried that H colour might be a bit yellow for me especially if I want to set it in a halo. Anyone out there has H colour center stones?? How do you like them? Can you please post pictures?? Thank you very much!!!
face23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 1:44:44 PM
Author:Bungee
Hi all!!

I'm currently looking for a 2 ct cushion and it seems like my budget can only afford a H colour.....I'm worried that H colour might be a bit yellow for me especially if I want to set it in a halo. Anyone out there has H colour center stones?? How do you like them? Can you please post pictures?? Thank you very much!!!
face23.gif
Hi Bungee,

There are threads around with H colour but if you can, see if you can compare some cushions of H colour ( GIA graded) in person of similar size, so you get a better idea. Also computer monitors vary so you can't really judge colour with any accuracy unfortunately. I have a 2ct GIA graded H colour pear ( fancy shapes may show colour differently to a round diamond) and it is extremely white to my eyes, but colour sensitivity varies so it would be best if you could view some examples in person ( same shape, size, lab grade etc) so you are comparing apples to apples so to speak.

Here is a link which might be useful.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Color/NearColorless/

msprowitz

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 1:44:44 PM
Author:Bungee
Hi all!!

I''m currently looking for a 2 ct cushion and it seems like my budget can only afford a H colour.....I''m worried that H colour might be a bit yellow for me especially if I want to set it in a halo. Anyone out there has H colour center stones?? How do you like them? Can you please post pictures?? Thank you very much!!!
face23.gif
I have a 1.76 radiant cut H VVS....it has medium blue floro and it faces up quite white.

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
Mine's a 2.43 H RB, not a cushion, but I don't notice any yellow...

Ring in Flower 2154.JPG

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Mine is an H RB. I don''t notice any yellow at all and my last one was an E.

hcolor1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar picture has an H, but photos really don''t show color well at all. I think H in a cushion would be fine. My earrings are also H. I think it is a great color to allow a larger stone without breaking the bank.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Many PSers have H, I, J, K, and even more colors in their engagement rings. Mine is an I princess. In a well-cut stone, particularly RB but probably also cushion and other cuts, the body color is minimized by the cut quality (greater brilliance = whiter appearing stone). A well-cut H cushion should be just fine! Also, any fluorescence of medium blue and stronger would help a diamond appear whiter.

ETA: What works against you a bit is that larger sized stones are more likely to show their body color, and 2ct is a honker! But look for a well-cut cushion and you should be just fine.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think an H will show any color for 95% of people. If you can, I''d go view some (well cut - very important as it makes a HUGE difference) stones in person to be sure, but I really think you''ll do very well with an H cushion, provided its well-cut.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an H colored stone and I love it! It looks very white to me and I even switched from an F colored stone previously. It''s a great balance in terms of price and whiteness. I would go check out some in person though to give you a better idea.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always used to buy / was given only D-G coloured stones (for cultural reasons/ because my mom loved them etc.) but since joining PS, I've found that there are warmer coloured are great value for money. If money were no object, sure I *personally* would take a D, E, F over a warmer colour any day but there's a huge difference in price between colourless and near-colourless.

I have a H coloured pear set in a halo and most of the time, it looks really white and I get lots of compliments on it. The only time I see a hint of colour is when I put it right next to my F coloured stone.

In fancy shapes, such as pears, cushions etc, generally speaking, there will be more visible body colour, IMO, than in RB's. Colour is also very very subjective and there are many PS'ers who love their warmer colours. You get more size when you go down in colour (and clarity for that matter). However, some people are more "colour-sensitive" or would simply prefer a higher colour and smaller size, relatively speaking, for whatever reason.

It's all about personal preferences. You'd need to go look at an H cushion in a B&M store in a similar size and see if that'd be acceptable to you.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Mine''s an H colored stone and I love it =) I do agree you should go look in person!

twein28

Rough_Rock
If the diamond is well cut, a normal person could not tell without a jeweler''s eye. If it sparkles, then that''s all that should matter

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
H.
30.gif

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
When I get my ring, it will be an H. I picked my H stone it over a similarly sized D and F. My future fiance is a bit weary of me having picked a lower color than he anticipated, but when I saw the H next to the higher colored stones, I found very negligible color difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results