shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone grab Gene’s latest pad sapphire?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For goodness sake I miss everything! Do you recall how much it was? Very pretty.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe he or the buyer didn’t want it second guessed and dissected like pads from a previous recent thread

I, too, would love to see more shots of it :)

Last edited:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I believe it was a little over 2,200. It’s strange, usually it would be marked as sold, but it’s removed from his website completely…

Yes around $2300 for abut more than 2ct, which is lower than a vivid pink of 1.6ct before.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
How do you folks think about a pad with such colour saturation? It will be attractive for a pad given this price tag.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you folks think about a pad with such colour saturation? It will be attractive for a pad given this price tag.

I think you need the right skin tone for some padparadchas. That stone would “disappear” on my pasty skin, but on others, it would pop more.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also depends on the setting. If there’s a ‘buffer’ like a halo/cluster between the stone and the skin tone that it might blend in with.

was there a video on the listing? If so did anyone grab a screenshot of that?

Last edited:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Also depends on the setting. If there’s a ‘buffer’ like a halo/cluster between the stone and the skin tone that it might blend in with.

I should have done it….

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe he or the buyer didn’t want it second guessed and dissected like pads from a previous recent thread

I, too, would love to see more shots of it :)

I must have missed that thread. I can understand that!

He did have a video. It was beautiful. Probably too pale for my pale skin, but beautiful nonetheless!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I must have missed that thread. I can understand that!

He did have a video. It was beautiful. Probably too pale for my pale skin, but beautiful nonetheless!

It’s quite pale really, just far more affordable than darker ones :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have called it a pale pink sapphire based on that one photo ... Gene doesn't usually get lab reports on his stones ... did he really call it a pad sapphire?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I would have called it a pale pink sapphire based on that one photo ... Gene doesn't usually get lab reports on his stones ... did he really call it a pad sapphire?

I can see why you think that way. However considering how he price the stone, I would rather think the characteristics of pad is more subtle on the photo. Could this be the situation here?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, like a mint green melee halo.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This colour (perhaps with a little more saturation) was the ONLY colour that was considered to be a Pad in days gone by. Now more vivid gems are being considered as a Pad. Personally I dislike the vivid stones and I don’t see them as pads but others will disagree. I trust Gene’s eye and if he says this would be designated as a Pad I would believe him. It’s a shame we can’t see a video because I would love to see this stone.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
This colour (perhaps with a little more saturation) was the ONLY colour that was considered to be a Pad in days gone by. Now more vivid gems are being considered as a Pad. Personally I dislike the vivid stones and I don’t see them as pads but others will disagree. I trust Gene’s eye and if he says this would be designated as a Pad I would believe him. It’s a shame we can’t see a video because I would love to see this stone.

I believe I might have also read some info online suggesting that a pad is not supposed to be too saturated, but looks more often said now there’s no universal standard for a gem to qualify as a pad.

nevermind I think as long as the owner love what colour they have in hand:)

I do wonder in what way is the combination of orange and pink for a pad. E.g. showing the two colours when ts viewed from different angle? Or both should be notable to our eyes whatever direction we look at it?

I also saw some with the two hues separated more obviously but still beautiful. But I think it should be categorised as Parti right?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

And same here~

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Just examples further to my last two posts:

more separate colours. Is it colour zoning actually?
72E1C377-C39D-4EEF-9E42-38F587A5B9F7.jpeg

more saturated and vivid one
1206DD9B-AAED-415C-BCEB-7682C2504F99.jpeg

I don’t actually see two colours actually for this one, but rather the orange and pink fully mixed and blended as a result of one colour(which is pleasant though)
913AE403-3732-478E-BB21-F4F43EFF9878.jpeg

Last edited:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just examples further to my last two posts:

more separate colours. Is it colour zoning actually?
72E1C377-C39D-4EEF-9E42-38F587A5B9F7.jpeg

more saturated and vivid one
1206DD9B-AAED-415C-BCEB-7682C2504F99.jpeg

I don’t actually see two colours actually for this one, but rather the orange and pink fully mixed and blended as a result of one colour(which is pleasant though)
913AE403-3732-478E-BB21-F4F43EFF9878.jpeg

First picture could be zoning and if it is it would not be designated a pad. Would need to see more photos. If it’s not zoning then it would be a pad.

second photo I definitely see orange and pink and although this is too saturated for my taste I think that would get the pad designation.

third photo - no orange at all. I wouldn’t call that a pad.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
First picture could be zoning and if it is it would not be designated a pad. Would need to see more photos. If it’s not zoning then it would be a pad.

second photo I definitely see orange and pink and although this is too saturated for my taste I think that would get the pad designation.

third photo - no orange at all. I wouldn’t call that a pad.

Thanks~!

It looks like stone with lighter pink body colour makes the orange hue pops more obviously.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks~!

It looks like stone with lighter pink body colour makes the orange hue pops more obviously.

Not necessarily. There’s no perfect formula.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
More examples:

can this be a slightly more saturated version of Gene’s stone, colour wise only, not in terms of cut, the standard not comparable. This one is not precision cut and with a window.
0065FFF2-16C1-485F-9660-48197C8330BD.jpeg

Another one from one of the vendor mentioned in previous posts. Not sure if it’s the problem of lighting, I can’t see orange or even peach, but still claimed to be a pad. Nice colour and cut though ~I attach also a pic when it’s still a rough.
222D6824-7B8B-4184-B7E8-CCF8D9B762D3.jpeg D1FEF83C-4E3E-434A-8452-C2ACA0CFA6D5.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results