shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone got classic trio wedding sets to show?

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I was admiring the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding set - engagement ring, plain wedding ring, and little sparkly eternity ring - and it got me thinking that this wedding set "trio" worn together seems more common / classic in the UK than the US.

I was Googling and found a lovely example, which I clicked on and found was your old wedding set @Ally T !!

I never considered wearing three rings on one finger until recently, when I realised that if the rings are thin and sized larger, options open up... I would love to see some more examples.

Trio1.jpeg img_20130311_2.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, not quite, but close....ish....

I could probably do better, but I'm currently on a plane, so hoping you can mentally extrapolate. And, like you, I love that three ring combo!

IMG_2686.jpg

Beloved rings copy.jpg

20220403_192053.jpg

20211003_164644.jpg

20210918_160429.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was admiring the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding set - engagement ring, plain wedding ring, and little sparkly eternity ring - and it got me thinking that this wedding set "trio" worn together seems more common / classic in the UK than the US.

I was Googling and found a lovely example, which I clicked on and found was your old wedding set @Ally T !!

I never considered wearing three rings on one finger until recently, when I realised that if the rings are thin and sized larger, options open up... I would love to see some more examples.

Ah… I loved those rings in those settings :kiss2:

But my eternity was so porous it went off round a few times & was remade into the sturdy channel set I still have & the pear had a new dress too, but then was replaced by my Tiffany. I still have her & am tempted to wear her on my RH, but debating if it’s ok to wear a solitaire as a RHR :think:

I love a three ring set & quite often find myself looking up Kate’s for another nosey. She wears them so well.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Wonder what the width of Kate's little eternity is?

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly that's how (most) Brits treat their jewellery! Unless they're PSers of course :saint:

Yes, that's the eternity ring she has. The Eclipse eternity ring was only £800 GBP when William purchased it for her. It's one up in price since but still pretty reasonable to get the exact same ring... I would guess 2mm at most.

Thank you for all the beautiful photos! You've made my day with your gorgeous trio sets:kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly that's how (most) Brits treat their jewellery! Unless they're PSers of course :saint:

Yes, that's the eternity ring she has. The Eclipse eternity ring was only £800 GBP when William purchased it for her. It's one up in price since but still pretty reasonable to get the exact same ring... I would guess 2mm at most.

Thank you for all the beautiful photos! You've made my day with your gorgeous trio sets:kiss2:

This made me chuckle! My sisters diamonds are always filthy & look like lumps of soap. And EVERY TIME they come to my house, they pull it all off & say “be a darling & pop these in your cleaner, will you?” :lol:

I am a true obsessive PSer & don’t see the point in nice diamonds that are dirty. Yuk!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess of Wales wears Annoushka Eclipse diamond eternity ring : 18 kt wg and 0.23 tcw diamonds.
I couldn't find the band width.

I cant say I'm a fan. At one third of a point per diamond, they're not going to sparkle. Mostly they'll just be gunk-catchers. A good ring if you want to underline your wedding ring with a nice line of grey.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I cant say I'm a fan. At one third of a point per diamond, they're not going to sparkle. Mostly they'll just be gunk-catchers. A good ring if you want to underline your wedding ring with a nice line of grey.

What is the smallest you think someone can go if they want the slim eternity band look but don't want to end up with what you are describing, a line of gray?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
What is the smallest you think someone can go if they want the slim eternity band look but don't want to end up with what you are describing, a line of gray?
Just my experience and taste about bead setting bands:
- one pointers are the minimum: they look very nice and add an interesting, not overwhelming touch of bling ;
- half pointers (and below) look like an unpleasant line of grey;
- three pointers are the maximum: above three pointers I prefer prong mountings.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Just my experience and taste about bead setting bands:
- one pointers are the minimum: they look very nice and add an interesting, not overwhelming touch of bling ;
- half pointers (and below) look like an unpleasant line of grey;
- three pointers are the maximum: above three pointers I prefer prong mountings.

Thank you!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
All the bead setting bands I tried were mounted with F/G VVS very good cut diamonds.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock

I have 2 Ritani “endless love” platinum eternity bands.
Each band has .45CTW and my guess 2.2-2.6 MM wide.
The bright cut pave sparkles for such a thin ring.
IMG_0294.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2 points. In my opinion, single pointers (1.3mm) are still too small. 1.5 pointers (1.5mm) are not too bad and pretty common. But 2 pointers (1.7mm) are better. You get genuine sparkle, but can still have a slim ring.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
2 points. In my opinion, single pointers (1.3mm) are still too small. 1.5 pointers (1.5mm) are not too bad and pretty common. But 2 pointers (1.7mm) are better. You get genuine sparkle, but can still have a slim ring.

Thank you so much!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

you know that Catherine is now also HRH the Princess of Wales
Members of the British Royal family are usually known by their most senior title

your wedding set is lovely

Alas after 23 odd years we are still not married so i have nothing to show

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me chuckle! My sisters diamonds are always filthy & look like lumps of soap. And EVERY TIME they come to my house, they pull it all off & say “be a darling & pop these in your cleaner, will you?” :lol:

I am a true obsessive PSer & don’t see the point in nice diamonds that are dirty. Yuk!
I have FINALLY managed to train my MIL to clean her rings regularly (still not twice daily but I’ll take it). Her reset helps because now she has a single coherent ring instead of 3 stacked pretty underwhelming rings.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
you know that Catherine is now also HRH the Princess of Wales
Members of the British Royal family are usually known by their most senior title

your wedding set is lovely

Alas after 23 odd years we are still not married so i have nothing to show

You are right @Daisys and Diamonds ! Force of habit! (I'd only got out of the habit of saying "Kate Middleton", I can't keep up). I do think she is absolutely lovely, regardless of the state of her rings.

I don't have a proper wedding set either. I have my original plain wedding band, and a sort of endless quest for a ring(s) to go with it. It's become a hobby in itself...

@nala your rings are gorgeous and I'm always happy to see beautiful bling! The trio is more common here in the UK - plain wedding band, small sparkly eternity, engagement ring (usually a small solitaire or coloured stone three-stone / halo). @diamondringlover 's set and @Ally 's old set is probably the closest to what I see on a daily basis - simple, sparkly, sweet. Hope that helps to explain.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right @Daisys and Diamonds ! Force of habit! (I'd only got out of the habit of saying "Kate Middleton", I can't keep up). I do think she is absolutely lovely, regardless of the state of her rings.

I don't have a proper wedding set either. I have my original plain wedding band, and a sort of endless quest for a ring(s) to go with it. It's become a hobby in itself...

@nala your rings are gorgeous and I'm always happy to see beautiful bling! The trio is more common here in the UK - plain wedding band, small sparkly eternity, engagement ring (usually a small solitaire or coloured stone three-stone / halo). @diamondringlover 's set and @Ally 's old set is probably the closest to what I see on a daily basis - simple, sparkly, sweet. Hope that helps to explain.

I was just coming back here to ask if you were planning a new set, as you weren’t happy with your last solitaire? Curious minds would like to know what you’re up to :Up_to_something:

Here are my forever rings worn together. Old lady finger swelling prevents me wearing them like this mostly, as they are too thick (3mm, 3mm, 1.5mm) so perhaps Catherine is onto something in keeping the bands so slim? I usually wear my eternity alone on my RH, otherwise I get a strangled & uncomfortable finger. Plan to lose the recent bit of meno-weight this year before my Big 5-0 in summer, now that my hormones & joints are under control, so perhaps that will help.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just coming back here to ask if you were planning a new set, as you weren’t happy with your last solitaire? Curious minds would like to know what you’re up to :Up_to_something:

Here are my forever rings worn together. Old lady finger swelling prevents me wearing them like this mostly, as they are too thick (3mm, 3mm, 1.5mm) so perhaps Catherine is onto something in keeping the bands so slim? I usually wear my eternity alone on my RH, otherwise I get a strangled & uncomfortable finger. Plan to lose the recent bit of meno-weight this year before my Big 5-0 in summer, now that my hormones & joints are under control, so perhaps that will help.

IMG_1979.jpeg

I always love seeing your set @Ally T but I’ve wondered how it would look to use the plain band in between the two diamond rings? Inquiring minds want to know!! It’s so classic and timeless.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_1979.jpeg

Ooohhh, so beautiful :kiss2:

Well, now you ask :Up_to_something: I am slowly continuing on my journey of finding The One, learning as I go. I have realised that I have an upper limit of about 0.75ct for a solitaire. The 2ct EC was beautiful but just too big for me (physically and lifestyle). I've realised that I have sensory issues with wearing jewellery which means that if a ring is uncomfortable or gets in my way, or if I can't easily wash and dry my hands thoroughly with it on, I just won't wear it. No clusters, haloes, pave, or designs that trap water. The design of a ring is very important to me - I'd rather have a much smaller diamond in an "original" design that a big diamond in a replica.

I have been looking seriously at some second-hand Tiffany rings as my preference is for some of the 90s/noughties discontinued designs (etoile, lucida etc). I love the original Tiffany and Co but just worry that it will be too high and get in my way, and I'll be back to not wearing it. I am wrestling between what feels good to wear (a bezel) and the beauty of the classic Tiffany ring design (as exemplified by your jaw-dropping ring...)

Do you wear it all the time during the day or take it off for housework etc?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohhh, so beautiful :kiss2:

Well, now you ask :Up_to_something: I am slowly continuing on my journey of finding The One, learning as I go. I have realised that I have an upper limit of about 0.75ct for a solitaire. The 2ct EC was beautiful but just too big for me (physically and lifestyle). I've realised that I have sensory issues with wearing jewellery which means that if a ring is uncomfortable or gets in my way, or if I can't easily wash and dry my hands thoroughly with it on, I just won't wear it. No clusters, haloes, pave, or designs that trap water. The design of a ring is very important to me - I'd rather have a much smaller diamond in an "original" design that a big diamond in a replica.

I have been looking seriously at some second-hand Tiffany rings as my preference is for some of the 90s/noughties discontinued designs (etoile, lucida etc). I love the original Tiffany and Co but just worry that it will be too high and get in my way, and I'll be back to not wearing it. I am wrestling between what feels good to wear (a bezel) and the beauty of the classic Tiffany ring design (as exemplified by your jaw-dropping ring...)

Do you wear it all the time during the day or take it off for housework etc?

I love the Tiffany Etoile. I love both the solitaire, the pave solitaire & the scattered diamond band. The full pave Etoile is on my Dream List.

I wear my solitaire all the time, apart from gardening or gym work. I wear gloves to wash up etc & have been known to not be able to get it off at night in heat & just sleep in it too. think because I was so used to the excessive height of my pear setting, that the Tiff doesn’t feel high.

Love the idea of a classic Tiff for you. You really can’t go wrong!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results