shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone getting stuff from Yvonne's sale?

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've been eyeing this emerald ring for awhile...it hadn't sold I think because the stones are smaller. However, I have smaller fingers and I'm hoping that with the five stones set almost without a visual break it will appear more impressive. I also prefer low profile rings as I work with my hands a lot. I asked Yvonne about the quality of the stones, as on my monitor they appeared a more yellow- than blue-toned green - she said they are "drool-worthy"! So hoping for a great everyday emerald ring! I also loved those pair of emerald squares that she had until recently, I think 5mm, did any PSer get them? Those were incredible!

Anyone else find any new stones or jewelry?

emerald_ring_0.jpg

emerald_ring_2.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great ring! I hope the emerald turn out to be as drool worthy as she says :)

I remember the emerald pair you're talking about, and also hope we get to see more pics of those if someone here got them.

There is a tempting tourmaline and a zircon that have recently listed, and a paraiba thats been there for a while but I still oggle the color on.. But I spent my gem budget at the mastercut sale. (So, someone go buy those stones quick in case I have a moment of weakness ;-)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
desertrose I had a chance to see that Emerald 5 stone ring in person a couple of weeks ago at an event Yvonne had for her local customers. I tried to get a good pictures of all the rings I liked but of course that's Impossible. I will say that the quality of the emeralds are very good. Clear( for emeralds) and glowy. The only reason I did not buy it myself is because my Colombian husband refuses to buy emeralds in the US.

Edited to correct typos

_38617.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ooooh Sungura! So fun to see them all! I like a lot of those too - the mahenge with grey diamonds is another one I was thinking about. The setting just sticks out too much for me, like I said, I have to do low profile rings or I don't wear them. Thanks for the photo!!!

Chroman - which paraiba were you considering? I have been interested in one of the cabs, the lighter blue one. They are big!

PS Sungura - is that a cat tree and a dog or cat on the floor in the background? :lol: Looks like my office!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice buy Desertrose! I love Yvonne's emeralds. I am trying to behave :angel: We will see how long that lasts :lol:

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Desertrose - I tend to be drawn more to the greener material - there's a smaller emerald-cut piece that she's had for a while:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/455636700/sale-turquoise-paraiba-tourmaline?ref=shop_home_active_7

I also liked this tourmaline:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/476766634/sale-green-tourmaline-cushion-cut?ref=shop_home_active_50

And the color on this zircon:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/478854...round-turquoise-zircon?ref=shop_home_active_8

Or, the rubelite pear pair, or the little mahenge pears, or... :)

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Lilmosun! By the way, I have a 2 flower ring with the hauynite and yellow sapphire, and love it also. My next project is going to be a similar one but with one of the flowers being tulip shaped with a mahenge, and one like her regular flowers I think with hauynite...not sure if that makes sense but I will post when it gets done.

Chroman - That blue zircon is pretty - looks a lot like the teal tourmaline she has been selling. Good price too.

I have seen the rubellite pears, and they are gorgeous! Really neon. Kind of an amazing color, with them having such depth of pink yet being so bright. I could stare at this photo all day...

I didn't just get the emerald ring, couldn't help myself...also got some melee and a beaded emerald necklace...next I'll be looking for emerald earrings! :naughty: Maybe like these, but in yellow gold with emeralds:

il_343.jpg

il_344.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Desertrose|1479690871|4100917 said:
Thanks Lilmosun! By the way, I have a 2 flower ring with the hauynite and yellow sapphire, and love it also. My next project is going to be a similar one but with one of the flowers being tulip shaped with a mahenge, and one like her regular flowers I think with hauynite...not sure if that makes sense but I will post when it gets done.

Glad to see I am not the only 2 flower ring addict! :) They are so much fun to wear, aren't they? Can't wait to see more from you!

The one ring that I constantly have to talk myself out of is this one as I love the color combination. But I have a large camellia ring, don't wear rose gold well and already had a green/pink ring in the works (now finally done, lol). Otherwise, I would've bought it long ago. Never could figure out why it hasn't sold given the price seems reasonable. Is it because it isn't a pink spinel/sapphire or ideal color?

yvonnespinktourmalinering.jpg

Reactions: T L

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
desert rose. Sharp eye. That is a cat tree. You have probably seen pictures of Yvonne's cats posing with her pieces on Facebook and Instagram And yes those tourmaline are stunning. I saw them as well.

chroman that greener paraiba is beautiful in person. Some time ago I purchased a pair of the greener paraiba from Yvonne in very small ovals. Yvonne showed me a pair of earrings she made with the same batch (I met her at a gem show in NJ) those little gems just shouted at me like paraibas gems Tend to do. I was drawn to the 6mm zircon. Though I didn't see it at the event I love her description if the color.

My favorite of her rings are in the collage below. The zircon and red spinel ring is spectacular. It's a great color combination. That zircon is a deep blue but in my collage you can see how it holds up in candlelight as well as a moderately lit room. That's my kind of cocktail ring. But Alas I am paying off something I love even more. The Orange mahenge with the gray diamonds so elegant. The pic in the collage was using flash. But I love how you can see the diamonds sparkle. At least i got to wear them for most of the party. Sigh. Finally the new lily ring is my fav of all favs. I am having a custom one made with blue sapphire and kornerupine. I am showing the side view to show how low profile it is. And my finger is size 7.5 ( though behaving like a swollen 8 that day.) The ring is in the picture is a 7. It's plenty of finger coverage for my taste I'm already thinking of other color/gem combos

Finally of the "just gems" I will call out three. If you are willing to use paraiba as side stones then buy these pears right now. When I looked in the gem tray with all of the paraibas, these guys glowed the most, screamed the loudest and are the most transparent. These chrysoberyls from Mozambique are screaming neon yellow!! But the best deal of all are the aquas, morganites and beryls she bought in Madagascar. They are clearer, more colorful and cleaner than they appear in photos. Great earring stones. Beautiful and watery and well priced

I just bought a few small stones this time around. I over indulged last time

Edited to fix spellcheck errors. Too lazy to fix the grammar and punctuation

_38619.jpg

_38620.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura - I need to stay away from your posts. I wish you didn't keep raving about the zircon and red spinel ring. I love the finger coverage of my marguerite ring, which this is a variation of so it's right up my alley :wall: Someone buy it please...I promised myself that I would behave the rest of the year :angel:

Love the Lily setting too and hope to someday make a pendant in the style. Can't wait to see your kornerupines set!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You ladies are such enablers :D

I picked up the pair of 5mm Malaya garnets to set as side stones for my light blue sapphire ring.

il_345.jpg

il_346.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You ladies are such enablers
Seriously!!

I am jealous of you all who've gotten to see the stones and rings in person. But my bank account is thankful!

All sorts of options for those rubelite pears.. 3 stone with that 6mm zircon, haloed earrings with cs melee.. No! Sitting thos one out..

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Total enablers! I didn't even realize there was a sale until I saw this thread.

Desertrose, congrats on the emerald ring. The color of the stones is gorgeous! I'd love to see a photo of the emerald beads...
Burmesedaze, those garnets are lovely!

I picked up a pair of blue zircon rounds which Yvonne will set in her scroll stud design in white gold. I think they are a good match for the zircon I got from Dana that's in the process of being made into a ring.

Chroman, My life is made up of "moments of weakness"...

2016-11-21_11.png

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm traveling this week so won't be able to receive my new jewels until next week...will post pics of all Keeliamira/b] including the emerald beads when I get back.

Congrats on all the purchases Keeliamira & Burmezedaze and whoever got those tourmaline pears!

Sungura, thanks for all the pics and tips. It really does help to have other input even if it is enabling :lol: that's one reason we're chatting here isn't it??? I know it makes shopping a lot more fun :D

I do love wearing the two flower ring Lilmosun, and find the design amazingly comfortable. I think the open band allows the finger to "breathe" if you know what I mean.

Can't wait to get back from my vacation so I can see these new beauties in person! :twirl:

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually, looking a little closer, I think theres duplicate photos up for a zircon and tourmaline:
Looks like the photos were updated - the zircon now looks much more like a zircon, and apparently I just like tourmaline..

and whoever got those tourmaline pears!
Phew, one less temptation ;-) Enjoy, whoever got them!!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Desertrose did you happen to see the mehange pendant with the 3 hayunites?

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi theredspinel, I did see that one, it's gorgeous! We you thinking of getting it? I love the Mahenge/Hauynite combo.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pair shape pendant? I have it in earrings (except I used white instead of grey diamonds so they would go with my diamond hoops). My favorite CS earrings and highly recommend the hauynite/mahenge combination if you are thinking about it :naughty:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so on the fence with it purely because it's really small compared to the pendants I normally wear! I need to decide ASAP! Is the mehange really glowy?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1480044714|4102397 said:
The pair shape pendant? I have it in earrings (except I used white instead of grey diamonds so they would go with my diamond hoops). My favorite CS earrings and highly recommend the hauynite/mahenge combination if you are thinking about it :naughty:

Oh I would absolutely love these as earrings! They would be the perfect size then :lol:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi theredspinel, i need to clarify, I haven't seen that pendant in person - sorry I misunderstood your question! But considering the photos it looks like a top Mahenge. I think this exact design was made (first?) into earrings, by someone here in PS....I can't remember who it was....maybe Lilmosun? Or Sungura? Whoever it was had the earrings made just like this pendant, and posted pics. Stunning, and expensive, was I think what they mentioned. Maybe someone can link to that thread??

Edit: oops didn't see the above - it was Lilmosun! At least my memory isn't failing me completely :lol:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought the hot pink tourmaline pear shape pair and an aquamarine and emerald silver ring.

The engraving on the ring is great and the emeralds are very pretty. The aquamarine doesn't have a ton of sparkle. Here are a few pictures:

img_13882.jpg

img_13886.jpg

img_13885.jpg

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
mtsapphirelovingannie|1480999811|4105086 said:
I bought the hot pink tourmaline pear shape pair and an aquamarine and emerald silver ring.

The engraving on the ring is great and the emeralds are very pretty. The aquamarine doesn't have a ton of sparkle. Here are a few pictures:
Thats a pretty nice Dark blue Aqua though!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1479693267|4100924 said:
Desertrose|1479690871|4100917 said:

Glad to see I am not the only 2 flower ring addict! :) They are so much fun to wear, aren't they? Can't wait to see more from you!

The one ring that I constantly have to talk myself out of is this one as I love the color combination. But I have a large camellia ring, don't wear rose gold well and already had a green/pink ring in the works (now finally done, lol). Otherwise, I would've bought it long ago. Never could figure out why it hasn't sold given the price seems reasonable. Is it because it isn't a pink spinel/sapphire or ideal color?

yvonnespinktourmalinering.jpg

Isn't this a tourmaline center stone? It's quite lovely though and I can see why you are attracted to it.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1481028043|4105125 said:
Isn't this a tourmaline center stone? It's quite lovely though and I can see why you are attracted to it.

lol..yes...typing too fast was I was thinking "if it were a spinel or sapphire, it would sell"...but clearly the tourmaline is what makes it affordable. I just love the color combination.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this old thread because Yvonne is having a sale.
“30% off selected, finished jewelry on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th April.
On Sunday April 28th our Mother's Day Sale will begin and there'll be 10% off the entire shop for 2 weeks!”

Here’s the link to the 30% off section.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CecileRaleyDesigns?section_id=25208768

My favorite one...:kiss2:
4D003EBA-41D0-4C88-BF77-6BAC1898DD4E.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this old thread because Yvonne is having a sale.
“30% off selected, finished jewelry on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th April.
On Sunday April 28th our Mother's Day Sale will begin and there'll be 10% off the entire shop for 2 weeks!”

Here’s the link to the 30% off section.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CecileRaleyDesigns?section_id=25208768

My favorite one...:kiss2:
4D003EBA-41D0-4C88-BF77-6BAC1898DD4E.jpeg

That is a gorgeous ring and it screams @elle_71125 to me...I am so tempted but must resist. But oh it is so beautiful.:kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring and it screams @elle_71125 to me...I am so tempted but must resist. But oh it is so beautiful.:kiss2:

It does scream Elle. :mrgreen2: Too bad I have to be a good girl and resist buying anything.
At least I have my two DK projects to get me through these dark times. :lol-2:

I just want to live vicariously through everyone else. :cool2:

mdi

Shiny_Rock
What do people think of this pendant? (i.e. cut & color on the peridot)

My sister's birthday is in August and I've been wanting to get her some nice jewelry--but nothing too nice LOL because she doesn't have her ears pierced. She's getting older though and will start interviewing for jobs soon, so I thought it might be good for her to have a quality, relatively simple piece with her birthstone.

Thoughts? TIA!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results