shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone get mean comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 3:15:50 PM
Author: devientdrow
I''ve never gotten a mean comment but I did get some attitudes that made me feel just as bad. My original ering from like 2 years ago had a really really bad diamond in it. It was a .25ct, deep cut, J/K, I3. We got the whole ring, that stone and a plat setting for $500. We were poor
7.gif
So a year and a half after that ring we got married and then for the first Christmas after our wedding we upgraded the stone. We got am Ideal cut .83ct, G, SI2 from James Allen for a little over 2k. So my hubby gave it to me on Christmas Eve and I wore it to my family get together. So we have my mom and all my aunts who mostly just wear plain wedding bands. Not jewelry people. Then we have my one cousin who has about a 2.5ct stone thats been upgraded and my other cousin who got a whole new ring for her christmas present. That was about 10k from a mall store. Now granted they both have been married longer than me but everyone gave me sooo much flak for having a new stone in my ring. They, including my mom, would grab my hand and say ''Is that a new stone? Why did you change it so soon? You''ve only been married a few months.'' Or ''Aren''t you saving for a house?'' First off....the ring was under 1ct not like we bought some huge extravagant stone. Secondly my husband saved for the stone and we took nothing out of our savings for it. Thirdly even with the cost of the new stone and the original ring we spent less than most of our friends have spent on their erings. Under 3k. However I find myself even with some of my friends having to defend my stone!
7.gif
awwwww
7.gif
I''m sorry you feel that way... at least you don''t have to defend it here! It''s none of their business anyway!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 8:20:47 PM
Author: gailrmv

Date: 11/22/2005 11:44:27 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Sounds like you''ve got some frenemies. A true friend would be happy for you. Jealousy happens to everyone - one of my friends had a gorgeous 3 stone ring with a 1.5 ct center and 0.5 ct sidestones back when I had my 0.75 ct ring. Did I want it? Sure did! Was I a little jealous? Sure was! But was I nothing but happy for her? Of course. Because even though we may like or want things other people have, a true friend is happy for you above all else, and doesn''t let the green eyed monster allow her to be a rude jerk.
This is very good advice... most likely they are jealous but especially from your close friend.... no excuse!
yes! My two best girl friends are just happy for me. One is still single and she''s like "hey if I am ever getting engaged I can go to sara for help!" and the other one has a nice three stone that she NEVER wears but she asks me all the time how it''s going with the ring because she cares about me. I have one other friend I talk to about it because she''s looking to get a nice princess or asscher early next year and I''ve already been linking her to PS hehehe :D She says she wants to spend $5k but I''m wondering what she''ll end up with after being here for a while LOL!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From The Madam Bijoux''s little book of retorts:

Person: Why do you need a stone that size?
Me: Need has nothing to do with it.

Person: I would never wear something like that.
Me: Then it''s fortunate that you don''t have to wear this one.

Person: (after I had just shown her my newest): What''s the justification for getting that one?
Me: The fact that I wanted it.

Person: That''s obviously not real.
Me: Well, damn! Tiffany''s lied to me!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 11:25:51 PM
Author: ForteKitty
I''ve gotten, ''Why do you have so many rings? I hope you''re not as fickle about men!''

To which i respond, ''Of course I am. I can''t imagine spending the rest of my life s%&*@ing just one guy. How boring!''
ROTFLMAO!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results