shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever buy from IG seller leenagemslk?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Anyone familiar with this seller? Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Familiar with them and I've spoken with them, but haven't purchased. They are really nice though and seem trustworthy. Obviously that's not the same as having direct experience with them, but just FYI!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pulled the trigger, I'm intrigued by the color on this sapphire..."unheated, untreated, eye clean". We shall see! Nervous buying from unknown...
20190802_115501.jpg

Intriguing yes!
I see the attraction and excited to see what you think.

@elizat
When do you expect to receive yours? It looks fascinating!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
My stone is here. I like it. I can't get great photos but it has some violet in it. Thinking about doing a three stone with these yellow diamonds on it with Caysie. Not sure if they work together or not.

First shot is inside home lights in daylight. Next is outside in shade. Then next is office. Last is daylight.

IMG_20190806_113516185.jpg IMG_20190806_113303524_BURST001.jpg IMG_20190805_122540460.jpg

IMG_20190806_113212821_HDR.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear it’s a keeper!
I think it’s a pretty combination.
If put in a very simple straightforward three stone - I think “oh, that’s nice”
If put in one of CVB’s (since you mention her) more intricate designs, I think it’ll really stand out as an all over cohesive design.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it’s a keeper!
I think it’s a pretty combination.
If put in a very simple straightforward three stone - I think “oh, that’s nice”
If put in one of CVB’s (since you mention her) more intricate designs, I think it’ll really stand out as an all over cohesive design.

Yes, I just need to figure out which design now! I wanted to use Caysie for it if I liked it. It's a good size stone!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@elizat oh, exciting! Was it what you expected as far as color?
He contacted me last night to reconfirm my address, (which is correct on paypal) and he wanted my ph#. Hopefully it's been shipped. Now have to wait for it to make it here from Sri Lanka. How long did yours take?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elizat oh, exciting! Was it what you expected as far as color?
He contacted me last night to reconfirm my address, (which is correct on paypal) and he wanted my ph#. Hopefully it's been shipped. Now have to wait for it to make it here from Sri Lanka. How long did yours take?

It's pretty accurate as far as color. On the video you can see that there is a shift a bit to some Violet tones and they're also a little bit of lighter blue tones that come out, and I see that in real life.

I think shipping took about two weeks or two and a half weeks.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @LD! Humm, was the top photo his picture and yours the bottom? The bottom photo is drastically different from top image! And not representative of the stone at all! I hope you were able to return it and received your $$ back. I would be very disappointed to receive such a stone if I thought it was suppose to look like the top image.
-C4C

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@LD

is it a color change spinel?? i think, i would be disappointed if i received that stone expecting it to be the stone in the image. thank you for sharing. did you return it for a timely, full and complete refund??

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made the mistake of buying from this seller. Judge for yourself.

19094EFE-63E4-49B4-9743-0FEBFA5C6FCD.jpeg FF6798F4-AB77-4811-B053-7F6A001C4284.jpeg

WHOA ! :shock: is it even the same stone??

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Ouch. That looks like a different stone.

I have three purchases from him. All have been good actually. Two sapphires and one tsav garnet.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Side note: sent the blue green sapphire mentioned above to Dan Stair to see if he can fix it. (I really love the color.) I didn't pay full ask for the stone, and Dan's recut fees are nominal. He has the stone now and seems pretty sure he can brighten the stone.
If you buy from this seller do so with the willingness to recut.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I buy from him often. You need to make sure you get as many photos as you can to get an accurate call. Some of the stones I bought actually look way better than the pictures. Others the reverse. But sapphires are bloody tricky to buy sight unseen.

Also these will be mainly native cut to maximise weight - cutters in Sri Lanka don’t think the same way as us in the west about perfect light reflection at the expense of heft. It doesn’t usually make financial sense for them given the market there.

Please remember also that this seller doesn’t have the benefit of light boxes or turntables or a fancy camera or other sophisticated gadgetry to take pictures of his stock.

The one thing you will get with this seller is a bargain on unheated stones because you’re getting it direct from the source. I’m willing to gamble a bit because of that and haven’t regretted it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy from him often. You need to make sure you get as many photos as you can to get an accurate call. Some of the stones I bought actually look way better than the pictures. Others the reverse. But sapphires are bloody tricky to buy sight unseen.

Also these will be mainly native cut to maximise weight - cutters in Sri Lanka don’t think the same way as us in the west about perfect light reflection at the expense of heft. It doesn’t usually make financial sense for them given the market there.

Please remember also that this seller doesn’t have the benefit of light boxes or turntables or a fancy camera or other sophisticated gadgetry to take pictures of his stock.

The one thing you will get with this seller is a bargain on unheated stones because you’re getting it direct from the source. I’m willing to gamble a bit because of that and haven’t regretted it.

This is a spinel NOT a sapphire. I actually really like "native cuts" and if you pull up any of my threads from 2008 onwards you'll see that. This was NOT a bargain in any shape or form. I have been collecting and photographing gemstones for over 20 years and I can honestly say that this gem is disgusting. It is NOTHING like the video or still photos. Even accounting for the fact that I'm in the UK and he's in the bright sunshine, this gem will never achieve the colour as in their selling material. There is NO blue in this gemstone whatsoever.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LD

is it a color change spinel?? i think, i would be disappointed if i received that stone expecting it to be the stone in the image. thank you for sharing. did you return it for a timely, full and complete refund??

Well it's certainly changed colour from the vendor's video but no, it's not a colour changer - it's just an ugly gemstone! lol

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @Arcadian I think it is but my eyes don't manipulate colour :P2

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Well it's certainly changed colour from the vendor's video but no, it's not a colour changer - it's just an ugly gemstone! lol

oh my! o_Oyou definitely need to return it. have you initiated a return yet?? i would do so asap!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just be clear with - for those of you who know me and have been in this forum for years, you will know that I give praise where it's due and the negative posts about stones I've bought have been minimal. I typically blame myself for not being savvy enough but in this instance, the difference between the seller's stone and the reality is too wide to be a mistake on their part.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @lonysis! Can you show us some of the stones you purchases from this seller? And do you have the pictures of those stones from leenagemslk? Just curious on what you received and what pics you received from him.

And @LD appreciate you taking the time to reply! There’s no way that what you got and the seller’s picture were even close. Hope you were able to get your refund!

Thanks,
-C4C

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results