shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else with a Millennium Cut? (Goldsmiths)

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
About a year ago when I was a complete diamond novice (compared to being a relative novice now), I walked into a local pawn shop and couldn't help but notice a lovely emerald cut diamond going at what seemed to be a great price (say 450 USD). It was 1/2 carat, G coloured and VS1, mounted on 10K white gold. Perfect condition and in my newbie enthusiasm, I snapped it up. A few weeks later, I was wearing my emerald cut to another pawn shop whose jeweller was a British lady. I told her about my purchase and she asked to see it. Once she saw it, she happily told me that I had a Millennium Cut diamond that Goldsmiths of UK produced for the year 2000. She told me to have a look through a loupe (I didn't have my own then!) and look for the disco ball effect of the cut. I later got a loupe and could see the Goldsmiths hallmark etc. on the band so I was pretty excited. I did later read that the Millennium Cut had a mixed review (here's an old post -> https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/millenium-cut.67554/) and it's not going to be valued in the same way as a regular emerald cut.

Anyway, I love it. I have no plans to let it go. I got some good lighting so took a photo and video for those interested.

Anyone else out there with a Millennium?

YouTube - My Millennium Cut

IMG_7807.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have one, but I'm in the UK & I remember the publicity that Golsdmiths did. It's a unique & pretty thing!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have one, but I'm in the UK & I remember the publicity that Golsdmiths did. It's a unique & pretty thing!

Thank you! I'm sure they sold well at the time, especially if getting engaged around then :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool...I see blocky facets under the table. Reminds me of pixels. Very unique!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's so cool. it's like emerald cut on top and bar cut below? gives it more flash i bet. nice find.

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Is it kind of like the Royalcrest cut that was sold at Marks and Morgan’s years ago? You can sometimes find them on EBay.

Coooper

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm in the UK and love the Millennium Cut - you have a great find there, they were *very* expensive when first produced!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow!! That's so cool looking!

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
Love the video! Very unusual, pretty, and fun! Enjoy!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really cool!!!! I like most unusual custom cuts!!!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Is it kind of like the Royalcrest cut that was sold at Marks and Morgan’s years ago? You can sometimes find them on EBay.

Yes! I googled it and it's very similar. There is a point of difference but I can't put my finger on it.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
that's so cool. it's like emerald cut on top and bar cut below? gives it more flash i bet. nice find.

Thank you. I think that's what it is. Certainly more sparkly than what I imagine a regular emerald cut is.

@tyty333 - Yes! Reminds me of a pixellation filter but sparkly :D

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I’m surprised to hear Goldsmiths did their own cut. It’s just a run on the mill chain of stores (not premium or anything). The diamond does look very cool, though.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so COOL!!!! Never seen anything like it, would love one.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I’m surprised to hear Goldsmiths did their own cut. It’s just a run on the mill chain of stores (not premium or anything). The diamond does look very cool, though.

Thank you! Yeah, I read that Goldsmiths is probably like our Michael Hill in Australia but I can't knock the colour and clarity of the stone at all. It's 20 years ago though mind you

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
That is so COOL!!!! Never seen anything like it, would love one.

Thanks! There are one or two listed on eBay at any given time. Not too badly priced either :D

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Yeah, I read that Goldsmiths is probably like our Michael Hill in Australia but I can't knock the colour and clarity of the stone at all. It's 20 years ago though mind you

Definitely, your stone is of beautiful quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results