shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else have early-onset DDS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 4:51:04 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I''ve had a sort of starting point at wanting a 1ct. After joining PS, I actually thought anything around .65 was nice. But then I decided that was too small so I raised that standard to .75ct. But then I thought that was too small too so I raised it to .90ct. Then I decided I''d be happiest with a 1ct+ lol. So I guess I downgraded then upgraded back to where I started in my head.

So......I''ve had something similar but within the same ''size'' range and not anything outrageous. I''d really be happiest with a 1-1.50ct. But I hate to sound bratty and selfish. I don''t really know what size I will end up with (it could be much smaller for all I know) but I will take it for what it''s worth...
31.gif

ETA- Living these days with the awful economy sure doesn''t help any on the size either...
29.gif

I hope I''m not coming off bratty too! I don''t mean to be - I just think it''s a funny phenomenon, lol. DG, what''s your ring size? It''s definitely going to be a Tiffs ring for you, right?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 5:16:53 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
Hi Brown.Eyed.Girl

My SO is really enjoys firm life now. His first year was not as enjoyable - he was in one of the main offices of a very large firm and just felt like a number in a sea of hundreds of other attorneys. He transferred to a smaller office in the same firm to be with me and likes it a lot better. He is given a lot more substantial work, even though he is still a young associate and has a lot more responsibility. It is a good situation.

I am currently having doubts about the Novo setting, even though I loved it at first. I have now fallen for the Tiffany setting. I will need to make a decision soon so SO doesn''t have to hear about it anymore! He likes both so he doesn''t really care which I choose. I may actually go for the Tiffany setting in 2 cts even though I have been seriously looking at the Novo. I think this could be considered a syndrome!
9.gif

Aw that''s great that he''s enjoying his work now! Do you mind my asking what city he was in originally? I''m curious since I''m going to NY - and my firm is HUGE. I hope I won''t get lost in the shuffle - I''ll be relying a lot on what I hope are my good networking skills, but there''s really only so much you can do.

I like the Novo a lot, but there''s nothing quite like the classic RB solitaire for me, especially at Tiffs. Plus, won''t the 2 ct. RB look bigger than the 2 ct. Novo because of stone shape?
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:26:26 PM
Author: mariewest
Mine is exact opposite!

I don''t want a large stone, my ring size is 5ish. I was originally thinking .75 to 1ct. Then down to a .50ct because of financial reasons, hoping that it''ll be more affordable and a proposal would come quicker. Now I''m even going away from a diamond at all looking at less expensive gemstones and other alternatives.

In the end it is up to him, I''ll be happy with whatever I get as long as he finally proposes!

What gemstones are you considering? Come by the Colored Stones forum!
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hanging on PS has definitely given me the courage to consider larger diamonds as beautiful, it really comes down a LOT to the social circles you move in! I''m getting my upgrade (weee!!!) and I''ve ''settled'' for a 1.11ct. Feels good to me! I suspect I''ll have the flashiest diamond in my circle - hmm, will have to not make a big deal of it, none of my friends will really understand, to them it will be a case of (very) conspicuous consumption only!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:38:29 PM
Author: LaraOnline
Hanging on PS has definitely given me the courage to consider larger diamonds as beautiful, it really comes down a LOT to the social circles you move in! I''m getting my upgrade (weee!!!) and I''ve ''settled'' for a 1.11ct. Feels good to me! I suspect I''ll have the flashiest diamond in my circle - hmm, will have to not make a big deal of it, none of my friends will really understand, to them it will be a case of (very) conspicuous consumption only!

You decided! I didn''t know that! Congrats! How are you setting it? Did you figure out all the tax stuff if you buy it out of country, or did you decide to buy it locally?

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
My SO was in the Philadelphia office. The biggest offices in his firm are Philly, NYC, and London and there are several smaller offices all over the country and abroad. He is quiet in general so he got a little lost in the shuffle in Philly. I know he would have been fine if he would''ve have stayed, but now he''s getting to do work that is usually done by more advanced associates and getting recognition for it. It''s been good for his reputation at the firm which helps when he goes up for partner later. We plan on going back to Philly when I finish my PhD work in 2 years so hopefully everything will work out with him transferring back.

Don''t worry Brown.Eyed.Girl, I''m sure you''ll be awesome!
5.gif

I can''t wait to see the 2ct Tiffany setting ring...I hope it looks bigger than the Novo!
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:23:23 PM
My SO was in the Philadelphia office. The biggest offices in his firm are Philly, NYC, and London and there are several smaller offices all over the country and abroad. He is quiet in general so he got a little lost in the shuffle in Philly. I know he would have been fine if he would''ve have stayed, but now he''s getting to do work that is usually done by more advanced associates and getting recognition for it. It''s been good for his reputation at the firm which helps when he goes up for partner later. We plan on going back to Philly when I finish my PhD work in 2 years so hopefully everything will work out with him transferring back.

5.gif

I can''t wait to see the 2ct Tiffany setting ring...I hope it looks bigger than the Novo!
2.gif

Ah I see. That''s fantastic that he''s getting to do more substantive work - I''ve been reading the new John Grisham book (The Associate) and I can only imagine how much doc review I''m going to be doing....
14.gif
) And thanks!
1.gif

I bet the Tiffany setting ring will look bigger - don''t rounds tend to face up bigger than cushions? (or cushion-like shapes, like the Novo?) You''ll have to let us know what you think of the 2 ct. I''m kind of dying to go look at Tiffanys this weekend...although whenever I go there and see their classic setting, it drives out all thoughts of a 4-prong cathedral Leon out of my mind and gets me really confused!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:46:14 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

You decided! I didn''t know that! Congrats! How are you setting it? Did you figure out all the tax stuff if you buy it out of country, or did you decide to buy it locally?

YES!! I DID!!!
I wanted to post all about it as soon as I got back from my (*cough* three hour) meeting with the merchant, but unfortunately I forgot to print off all the information on the diamond from the website, and then the company took it down immediately from the website, the instant I put a deposit on it!

I decided to go through Jogia, which is a local company, in Perth (I live in regional WA)
the stone is a 1.11 F SI1... it rates a 1.3 on the Holloway HCA...
there are no dark inclusions and the stone is eyeclean. Lovely diamon

When I get the full details / angles etc in front of me again, I''ll be sure to post a thread!! I was DYING to make a thread on Rocky Talky, but realised I didn''t know the stats beyond what I''ve just told you!
37.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:09:40 AM
Date: 2/10/2009 10:46:14 PM

YES!! I DID!!!

I wanted to post all about it as soon as I got back from my (*cough* three hour) meeting with the merchant, but unfortunately I forgot to print off all the information on the diamond from the website, and then the company took it down immediately from the website, the instant I put a deposit on it!

I decided to go through Jogia, which is a local company, in Perth (I live in regional WA)

the stone is a 1.11 F SI1... it rates a 1.3 on the Holloway HCA...

there are no dark inclusions and the stone is eyeclean. Lovely diamon

When I get the full details / angles etc in front of me again, I''ll be sure to post a thread!! I was DYING to make a thread on Rocky Talky, but realised I didn''t know the stats beyond what I''ve just told you!
37.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yay I''m so happy for you, and dying to see it! When do you get it? It sounds like a beauty! And it''s great that you don''t have to pay a ton in taxes
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:29:02 PM
Date: 2/10/2009 10:35:05 AM

Author: LtlFirecracker

I think I had my ideas BF PS, and they have enforced them. I always wanted a stone above 1 ct, but would have been happy with a smaller one. Now I really want a 1 ct stone. Especially since I think my BF is hinting he wants to use Leon, who neither of us would not have known about if it was not for PS.

Ooh which Leon?? I'm so glad I found PS for that reason too - I want my future ring to be either from Leon or Mark Morrell and I didn't know of either of them before PS!

Really? I want my future ring from either of them too! If I were to get a solitaire, I actually would want a Mark Morrell, but I would like a 1.25-1.5 ct for it to look "right" on my hand, and that is just too much money for a piece of jewelry, I already feel like I am asking for too much. But I like the pave work of Leon better, and I think a slightly smaller stone with diamonds in the band would be the best fit for me. I don't want my ring to get in the way of my job. My BF really likes Leon's work, and he has an opinion! He does not care about the attitude at all, and actually likes him for it. I am not thrilled by it, but my BF can deal with an attitude much better than I can.

Here is what I am thinking. I would love This view from the top down, but a plain head, like this style head, instead of a pave one. I showed him the pic, I don't know if he will go for it or not.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:32:49 PM

I''ve had a sort of starting point at wanting a 1ct. After joining PS, I actually thought anything around .65 was nice. But then I decided that was too small so I raised that standard to .75ct. But then I thought that was too small too so I raised it to .90ct. Then I decided I''d be happiest with a 1ct+ lol. So I guess I downgraded then upgraded back to where I started in my head.

So......I''ve had something similar but within the same ''size'' range and not anything outrageous. I''d really be happiest with a 1-1.50ct. But I hate to sound bratty and selfish. I don''t really know what size I will end up with (it could be much smaller for all I know) but I will take it for what it''s worth...
31.gif

ETA- Living these days with the awful economy sure doesn''t help any on the size either...
29.gif

I hope I''m not coming off bratty too! I don''t mean to be - I just think it''s a funny phenomenon, lol. DG, what''s your ring size? It''s definitely going to be a Tiffs ring for you, right?
Oh, no you aren''t!

My ring size is 5.5. But my fingers are however, kind of short too which makes them look small. I certainly HOPE AND WISH that it will be a Tiff''s ring. My boyfriend seems to be interested in them as well. And he knows how badly I want one from there. We will all have to wait and see...(I hate to sound like it is a DONE DEAL that I will get one from there. But it''s something I hope for and I''ve told him I don''t see other designers/styles that I like as much as Tiffany..)

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:41:25 PM

5.gif

2.gif

Ah I see. That''s fantastic that he''s getting to do more substantive work - I''ve been reading the new John Grisham book (The Associate) and I can only imagine how much doc review I''m going to be doing....
14.gif
) And thanks!
1.gif

I bet the Tiffany setting ring will look bigger - don''t rounds tend to face up bigger than cushions? (or cushion-like shapes, like the Novo?) You''ll have to let us know what you think of the 2 ct. I''m kind of dying to go look at Tiffanys this weekend...although whenever I go there and see their classic setting, it drives out all thoughts of a 4-prong cathedral Leon out of my mind and gets me really confused!

Ooooh a Leon! Ever since joining PS I have loved his work. I am contemplating getting a wedding band or RHR made by him. Love his craftsmanship! Unfortunately SO would not enjoy dealing with him.

SO''s friends who are 3rd years in Philly and NYC are doing tons of doc review! They bill a ton of hours but they hate the work. SO has not done doc review since his first year!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:08:50 AM
Date: 2/10/2009 10:29:02 PM

Date: 2/10/2009 10:35:05 AM

I think I had my ideas BF PS, and they have enforced them. I always wanted a stone above 1 ct, but would have been happy with a smaller one. Now I really want a 1 ct stone. Especially since I think my BF is hinting he wants to use Leon, who neither of us would not have known about if it was not for PS.

Ooh which Leon?? I''m so glad I found PS for that reason too - I want my future ring to be either from Leon or Mark Morrell and I didn''t know of either of them before PS!

Really? I want my future ring from either of them too! If I were to get a solitaire, I actually would want a Mark Morrell, but I would like a 1.25-1.5 ct for it to look ''right'' on my hand, and that is just too much money for a piece of jewelry, I already feel like I am asking for too much. But I like the pave work of Leon better, and I think a slightly smaller stone with diamonds in the band would be the best fit for me. I don''t want my ring to get in the way of my job. My BF really likes Leon''s work, and he has an opinion! He does not care about the attitude at all, and actually likes him for it. I am not thrilled by it, but my BF can deal with an attitude much better than I can.

Here is what I am thinking. I would love This view from the top down, but a plain head, like this style head, instead of a pave one. I showed him the pic, I don''t know if he will go for it or not.

Which Mark Morrell? I love the Petite Torchiere...I think it looks so graceful and romantic (and a little different). But in the end, I think I''m a four-prongs girl (although I''m going to buying a 6-prong for one of my colored stones so maybe I''ll change my mind! I don''t have anything but 4-prongs right now).

I love that Leon
30.gif
Soooo beautiful and classy. That''s great that your BF doesn''t care about Leon''s attitude! I think my BF will be ok - he''s pretty laid back, and I doubt he''ll be as annoying and nitpicky as I would be if I were picking out the ring!
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:32:39 AM
Date: 2/10/2009 10:32:49 PM

31.gif

29.gif

Oh, no you aren''t!

My ring size is 5.5. But my fingers are however, kind of short too which makes them look small. I certainly HOPE AND WISH that it will be a Tiff''s ring. My boyfriend seems to be interested in them as well. And he knows how badly I want one from there. We will all have to wait and see...(I hate to sound like it is a DONE DEAL that I will get one from there. But it''s something I hope for and I''ve told him I don''t see other designers/styles that I like as much as Tiffany..)

Aw thanks DG! 5.5 is such a perfect size - you can rock anything from a 1 ct. to a 4 ct.
2.gif
Seems like a great size to me! Was it the Novo that you drew you to Tiffany? Would you consider doing a replica if you switched to the classic? I think a lot of the replicas are really really close, although there''s still something indefinably different about the Tiffanys setting. I don''t have the eye for it, but I can imagine a Tiffs lover would definitely be able to spot the differences!
1.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
On the DDS subject . . . I hate to tell you that it never stops. Both my EC [6.39 center] and RB [6.89] look small to average to me on my size 4 finger! LOL!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:35:20 PM
Date: 2/10/2009 11:41:25 PM

5.gif

2.gif

14.gif
) And thanks!
1.gif

Ooooh a Leon! Ever since joining PS I have loved his work. I am contemplating getting a wedding band or RHR made by him. Love his craftsmanship! Unfortunately SO would not enjoy dealing with him.

SO''s friends who are 3rd years in Philly and NYC are doing tons of doc review! They bill a ton of hours but they hate the work. SO has not done doc review since his first year!

Busy lawyer dealing with artiste temperament? I can''t imagine why that wouldn''t work....
2.gif
You can commandeer the project! You''d be saving your BF a TON of trouble by working with Leon yourself, and that means a lot, right?
1.gif
What Leon settings do you like? I love his micropave - I''d love to have one as my wedding band, but I''m not as good on upkeep so probably not the best choice for me! That sucks about his friends in Philly and NYC - although I have to imagine that right now, doc review must seem a lot better than no work
7.gif
(so glad I''m not a first year now - the job market''s pretty scary unless things pick up a lot between now and August)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 3:05:49 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
On the DDS subject . . . I hate to tell you that it never stops. Both my EC [6.39 center] and RB [6.89] look small to average to me on my size 4 finger! LOL!

Diamante, I am in awe of your collection! And of you! You seriously rock those huge rocks - they look amazing on you!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
the size of the diamond I want hasn''t really changed, but color, and jeweler keep going up! I originally would''ve been happy with a fancy light yellow diamond, but now I''m thinking vivid, (and I kind of want one from Graff
38.gif
)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
BEG,

That is my favorite setting as well. It is so beautiful and classy, yet a little different. I really don''t care how many prongs, but for Leon, I like his 4 prong look better than his 6 prong look. Mark Morrell has a 4 pronged setting I love on his website, it is one of my favorites.

I hear what you are saying about your BF not being as picky with Leon. I know my BF wants to totally surprise me, so I might not get exactly what I want. But at least he is looking at vendors I like. If it wasn''t for PS, he would be getting a ring at Tiffany''s. Who can complain about a boy who goes to Tiffany''s without a girl asking???

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 9:28:02 PM
Author: purselover
the size of the diamond I want hasn''t really changed, but color, and jeweler keep going up! I originally would''ve been happy with a fancy light yellow diamond, but now I''m thinking vivid, (and I kind of want one from Graff
38.gif
)

Hahaha. What size are you thinking? Ooh a vivid yellow from Graff? I bet that would be incredible!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 9:54:43 PM
BEG,

That is my favorite setting as well. It is so beautiful and classy, yet a little different. I really don''t care how many prongs, but for Leon, I like his 4 prong look better than his 6 prong look. Mark Morrell has a 4 pronged setting I love on his website, it is one of my favorites.

I hear what you are saying about your BF not being as picky with Leon. I know my BF wants to totally surprise me, so I might not get exactly what I want. But at least he is looking at vendors I like. If it wasn''t for PS, he would be getting a ring at Tiffany''s. Who can complain about a boy who goes to Tiffany''s without a girl asking???

Same here about Leon. I love how classic his four-prong rings are, and those claws... drool....

Are you thinking of Mark''s cathedral setting, with the slightly thicker shank? His custom pieces are just beautiful - I really can''t decide - can I just have two rings?? Kidding, of course
2.gif

Haha you can''t go wrong with Tiffany (right Dreamgirl?
3.gif
). If I hadn''t discovered PS, I''m not sure what BF would do (maybe he would discover PS on his own!). He has a thing against the mark-ups at Tiffanys, Cartier, etc. (he reads a finance and investing forum, for goodness sake, lol). So maybe he would have done the research - but lucky boy, I''ll do all the research for him!
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
No, I don''t think you can go wrong with Tiffany at all. Especially the classic solitaire! But I love so many styles from there, the lucida, novo, bead set. There rings are beautiful. And if he still decides to go with Tiffany''s, I would be totally happy. It is just that whole DDS syndrome. I want a H&A diamond (which you can get there but I am sure that would be a challenge), and I worry about wanting to change the setting later.

As for Mark Morrell, the ring I am thinking of is the first one listed under "client projects" He uses BT when referring to the owner. Don''t you wish we could have too settings?

If my BF would let me, I would do all the research for him too! You are lucky in that way. But I know it really means a lot for him to surprise me, and that he has asked me a lot more questions than he was initially wanting to. My BF was not aware of the mark-ups at the big name brands. He has some relatives who were scammed big time by the "best" jeweler in their city (they took the stuff to get appraised, and none of it was worth what they were told), so before he met me, he was more conformable with the big names because he thought at least they had a reputation to protect. He still wants a plain gold wedding band from Tiffany''s.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
My SO will do research -- but for things he likes (cars, tvs, stereo systems)! SO knows we are paying a mark-up for T&Co but he really likes the service there and our SA has been doing most of the legwork for us. Since we are both pretty busy, it has been very helpful and our SA keeps SO posted almost every day. SO learned about the 4Cs but ultimately, I chose the specs I wanted and the style. I would have loved a Leon Mege (his micropave work is gorgeous) and will probably still get a RHR made by him. The e-ring is what SO wants to be responsible for, and as I said previously, SO would have very little patience for LM''s "attitude". Overall, I am excited that SO and I agree on the size of the stone and setting so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 9:32:01 AM
No, I don''t think you can go wrong with Tiffany at all. Especially the classic solitaire! But I love so many styles from there, the lucida, novo, bead set. There rings are beautiful. And if he still decides to go with Tiffany''s, I would be totally happy. It is just that whole DDS syndrome. I want a H&A diamond (which you can get there but I am sure that would be a challenge), and I worry about wanting to change the setting later.

As for Mark Morrell, the ring I am thinking of is the first one listed under ''client projects'' He uses BT when referring to the owner. Don''t you wish we could have too settings?

If my BF would let me, I would do all the research for him too! You are lucky in that way. But I know it really means a lot for him to surprise me, and that he has asked me a lot more questions than he was initially wanting to. My BF was not aware of the mark-ups at the big name brands. He has some relatives who were scammed big time by the ''best'' jeweler in their city (they took the stuff to get appraised, and none of it was worth what they were told), so before he met me, he was more conformable with the big names because he thought at least they had a reputation to protect. He still wants a plain gold wedding band from Tiffany''s.

I had the same thought about changing the setting later. I don''t know if I''d ever want to, but in case I did, it''s better not to get a Tiffanys (at least if you''re undecided like me!). And I agree about wanting an H&A!

Ooh I just looked up the BT ring - I have that saved in my hard drive. It'' so pretty! I kind of wish we could have multiple settings, and it would be easy to just pop out the diamond and put it into a new one - a setting for every day of the week?
1.gif
I love the classic Tiffany, the classic Leon, the Torchiere, the Ritani Endless Love (sans halo), the Tiff Legacy, Leon''s micropave, etc. etc.

That''s sad that your BF''s relatives were scammed
7.gif
It''s sweet that he''s really asking you more for your input! Would he be open to like a list of things you''d want in a ring? So which are you leaning towards? The MWM custom?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:46:48 PM
My SO will do research -- but for things he likes (cars, tvs, stereo systems)! SO knows we are paying a mark-up for T&Co but he really likes the service there and our SA has been doing most of the legwork for us. Since we are both pretty busy, it has been very helpful and our SA keeps SO posted almost every day. SO learned about the 4Cs but ultimately, I chose the specs I wanted and the style. I would have loved a Leon Mege (his micropave work is gorgeous) and will probably still get a RHR made by him. The e-ring is what SO wants to be responsible for, and as I said previously, SO would have very little patience for LM''s ''attitude''. Overall, I am excited that SO and I agree on the size of the stone and setting so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here!
1.gif

My BF is the same! He has done so much research so far for our trip to NZ - I mean, above and beyond what he would do for anything else. But then again, I have faith that BF cares enough about getting a good return on the money spent (he''s super into finance and investing) that when it comes time for him to get on this, he''ll do a lot of research too. Although he already kind of knows a lot from me!

That''s a fantastic compromise! He takes care of the e-ring (from Tiffany!) and you get to choose a stunning Leon micropave for a RHR later. And you can''t go wrong with a classic setting like the Tiffany 6-prong or the Novo, right? I tend to favor simplicity in the e-ring and more elaborate stuff for RHRs. And as for agreeing about the stone size and setting, you need to drag him over to Tiffany to look at those 2 ct. Novos pronto!
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 3:03:51 PM
Aw thanks DG! 5.5 is such a perfect size - you can rock anything from a 1 ct. to a 4 ct.
2.gif
Seems like a great size to me! Was it the Novo that you drew you to Tiffany? Would you consider doing a replica if you switched to the classic? I think a lot of the replicas are really really close, although there's still something indefinably different about the Tiffanys setting. I don't have the eye for it, but I can imagine a Tiffs lover would definitely be able to spot the differences!
1.gif
awww thanks! I hope that I can pull off something smaller too incase I end up with something less than 1ct. Something that concerns me. But, the .90's look good too. I really REALLY don't want anything under .50 that's for sure. It doesn't look good on me (IMO) lol I've even told him that I hope to get a size I WILL like and if it cost too much, just pay what you can and do the Tiffany Time Account and I will pay the difference after you give it to me! lol (I'm so bad but thats how I feel![ :Up_to_something:])

Oh heavens no! I've been a Tiffany girl for many many years now. Much longer before the Novo came abouts. I think I was however initially drawn to the engagement rings from Tiffany. Then all the other designs just pop to me vs. other designs and me and Tiffany were like peas and carrots since then.

MMMM.....I have issues with 'replicas.' Not to be rude, but I find them revolting in a sense. I mean, I get wanting a certain look and maybe not being able to afford it....and everything, but still! Every replication I have seen isn't close enough for me. In fact, I told my boyfriend if he got me a ring trying to knock-off Tiffany....don't try it cause I'll know! lol If I can't have Tiffany, I'd rather have a whole unique other design...you know? But, Tiffany's rings live in my heart. I'm sort of set on it. I guess it's ultimately up to the boyfriend what I end up with though. He knows how much I adore them.....we'll see (to quote my boyfriend! lol
20.gif
)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
BEG - I think we should re-name this thread who is your ring twin. Every single one of the settings you mentioned are ones I considered. All of them! I am still leaning towards the Leon ring I showed you. I think it has a little of everything I want. As for my BF, I don''t think he wants a list. He is pretty set on this surprise thing. In many ways we are pretty non traditional. I have a higher degree than him, and he is willing to follow me around for the best job opportunity, and we will both be earning equal incomes when I finish residency. I might earn a little more. I own my place, he does not. I kind of feel like this is the one area I have to let go and let him do it. It is really hard because I am a control freak, but I know it is good for me. But writing this, I just realized that he has not asked me any diamond questions since I showed him the Leon ring....so either he took my hint or found this thread. I remember you saying you are still in school and that you might be a LIW for a bit, how much longer do you have in school? You might change your mind several more times.

Dreamgirl: I know you are a Tiffany''s girl all the way. I could not see you with a replica. If for some reason there was a budget issue and you had to choose between a smaller Tiffany''s diamond or a larger replica, I would guess you would choose the first. But of course I want you to get exactly what you want. I looked at replicas, but I am so picky, that I can tell the difference. After much thinking, I want an original setting from wherever I get my ring. So I can relate to where you are coming from. However, I don''t have a problem with replicas, to me that is just a side effect of having a popular brand name everyone wants.

LabRat: A Tiffany''s e-ring and a Leon micropave RHR...I like the way you think :).

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 2/12/2009 6:42:03 PM
awww thanks! I hope that I can pull off something smaller too incase I end up with something less than 1ct. Something that concerns me. But, the .90''s look good too. I really REALLY don''t want anything under .50 that''s for sure. It doesn''t look good on me (IMO) lol I''ve even told him that I hope to get a size I WILL like and if it cost too much, just pay what you can and do the Tiffany Time Account and I will pay the difference after you give it to me! lol (I''m so bad but thats how I feel![ :Up_to_something:])

Oh heavens no! I''ve been a Tiffany girl for many many years now. Much longer before the Novo came abouts. I think I was however initially drawn to the engagement rings from Tiffany. Then all the other designs just pop to me vs. other designs and me and Tiffany were like peas and carrots since then.

MMMM.....I have issues with ''replicas.'' Not to be rude, but I find them revolting in a sense. I mean, I get wanting a certain look and maybe not being able to afford it....and everything, but still! Every replication I have seen isn''t close enough for me. In fact, I told my boyfriend if he got me a ring trying to knock-off Tiffany....don''t try it cause I''ll know! lol If I can''t have Tiffany, I''d rather have a whole unique other design...you know? But, Tiffany''s rings live in my heart. I''m sort of set on it. I guess it''s ultimately up to the boyfriend what I end up with though. He knows how much I adore them.....we''ll see (to quote my boyfriend! lol
20.gif
)[/quote]

Haha I like the way you think DG, about offering to pay for the rest! What got you hooked on Tiffanys?

I like some of the replicas, like the Supercert and Whiteflash ones, but if you love Tiffanys, I would definitely get the real one. I guess the only thing is there are only so many ring designs out there, y''know? I love the Leon classic, but it reminds me a lot of the Cartier 1895, which I also love. What would you have if not a Tiffany? What kind of design?
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:38:54 AM
BEG - I think we should re-name this thread who is your ring twin. Every single one of the settings you mentioned are ones I considered. All of them! I am still leaning towards the Leon ring I showed you. I think it has a little of everything I want. As for my BF, I don''t think he wants a list. He is pretty set on this surprise thing. In many ways we are pretty non traditional. I have a higher degree than him, and he is willing to follow me around for the best job opportunity, and we will both be earning equal incomes when I finish residency. I might earn a little more. I own my place, he does not. I kind of feel like this is the one area I have to let go and let him do it. It is really hard because I am a control freak, but I know it is good for me. But writing this, I just realized that he has not asked me any diamond questions since I showed him the Leon ring....so either he took my hint or found this thread. I remember you saying you are still in school and that you might be a LIW for a bit, how much longer do you have in school? You might change your mind several more times.

Dreamgirl: I know you are a Tiffany''s girl all the way. I could not see you with a replica. If for some reason there was a budget issue and you had to choose between a smaller Tiffany''s diamond or a larger replica, I would guess you would choose the first. But of course I want you to get exactly what you want. I looked at replicas, but I am so picky, that I can tell the difference. After much thinking, I want an original setting from wherever I get my ring. So I can relate to where you are coming from. However, I don''t have a problem with replicas, to me that is just a side effect of having a popular brand name everyone wants.

LabRat: A Tiffany''s e-ring and a Leon micropave RHR...I like the way you think :).

Hehe too funny! In this thread DG and Labrat found out they were ring twins, and you and I did! I think we''re both drawn to delicate settings, but with a touch of sparkle and bling (but not too much!). I love that Leon you showed me - I just love Leon''s work. I hear some of the stories about his temperamental nature but then again, I figure I''m not going to be dealing with it, BF is, so I still want one of his rings! I just showed BF a pic of Harriet''s beautiful Leon, a Whiteflash Legato, and a Petite Torchiere, and he went for the four-prongs, although he wanted the Leon basket to be thinner.
3.gif

I think your BF sounds like a easy-going sweet guy! You should leave this thread up on your screen in case he hasn''t stumbled upon it yet!
2.gif
I always wonder what I would have wanted and how I would have described it if I hadn''t found PS. BF realizes though that it''s really important to me that I have the setting I want (I trust him to pick the best diamond for our budget) so he puts up with me and all my pictures
2.gif
We''re still in school - we have 1.5 years left! And we were thinking proposal about a year after that (need to weather our first year of NY biglaw and give us time to save up for both ring and contribute to our wedding fund). But you''re totally right - I flip-flop all the time. I was obsessed with the Ritani a few weeks ago, and then the Torchiere, then the Leon - always back to the Leon though
5.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:38:54 AM

Haha, LtlFirecracker, I love that combo too. I want to get the Leon as a graduation present for myself (I will be getting my PhD in ~2 years). My nerdy labmates want class rings when they graduate but this nerd wants a Leon micropave ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results