shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from new world diamonds?

Angry customer

Rough_Rock

BEWARE AND MAKE SURE TO ASK ABOUT A REAL CERTIFICATE!!!

I ordered one of their solitaire rings that was on sale for a reasonable price. Having very little experience in purchasing jewlery one of the most important points I asked was about the certification. I had read online that they are certified by IGL and IGI and asked on their web chat about it and they confirmed it, so I trusted them and ordered.

When I received the ring it DID NOT include a certificate. When I asked by email about the certificate they sent me a random picture of a dubious "certificate" without any unique number. Furthermore their diamonds DO NOT have markings with a unique number that matches a certificate by a known lab, so there is no way to know that the diamond you buy its legit or rated correctly.

Moreover, the lab they showed a "certificate" from was neither IGL or IGI, it was a completely different "lab" namely ilabs LLC. THIS IS COMPLETELY MISLEADING. When asked about it they said that they never mentioned International Gemology Labs but Independent Gemology Labs. Smart move, the first one being a reputed known company and the second one not.

They continue misleading customers on their website, this is the first result on Google when you search for "New World Diamonds Certification" https://www.newworlddiamonds.com/blogs/news/certified-diamond-education

"Our lab-grown diamonds are certified by various world-renowned, independent laboratories, including the International Gemological Laboratories (IGL) and the International Gemological Institute (IGI). Our .25 carat up to .90-carat weight stones are certified by IGL, while any of our diamonds that are .91 carat weight and above are certified by IGI."

So be careful and ask for a quality certificate when purchasing from New World Diamonds!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

BEWARE AND MAKE SURE TO ASK ABOUT A REAL CERTIFICATE!!!

I ordered one of their solitaire rings that was on sale for a reasonable price. Having very little experience in purchasing jewlery one of the most important points I asked was about the certification. I had read online that they are certified by IGL and IGI and asked on their web chat about it and they confirmed it, so I trusted them and ordered.

When I received the ring it DID NOT include a certificate. When I asked by email about the certificate they sent me a random picture of a dubious "certificate" without any unique number. Furthermore their diamonds DO NOT have markings with a unique number that matches a certificate by a known lab, so there is no way to know that the diamond you buy its legit or rated correctly.

Moreover, the lab they showed a "certificate" from was neither IGL or IGI, it was a completely different "lab" namely ilabs LLC. THIS IS COMPLETELY MISLEADING. When asked about it they said that they never mentioned International Gemology Labs but Independent Gemology Labs. Smart move, the first one being a reputed known company and the second one not.

They continue misleading customers on their website, this is the first result on Google when you search for "New World Diamonds Certification" https://www.newworlddiamonds.com/blogs/news/certified-diamond-education

"Our lab-grown diamonds are certified by various world-renowned, independent laboratories, including the International Gemological Laboratories (IGL) and the International Gemological Institute (IGI). Our .25 carat up to .90-carat weight stones are certified by IGL, while any of our diamonds that are .91 carat weight and above are certified by IGI."

So be careful and ask for a quality certificate when purchasing from New World Diamonds!

Did your solitaire ring come preset with the diamond?

When I inquired about the certificate for their jewellery (i.e. preset items), I was informed that these do not come with these certificates but they can send the other certificates upon request. Hence I did not go ahead with the purchase.

Only the loose diamonds comes with either the IGI, IGL, EGL or even GIA certificates.

Last edited:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Since you are unsatisifed with the purchase, are you able to return the purchase?

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Well, there is good, and bad. The good: the diamond is decent for the price. I louped it, and it is really clean.
The color is very warm, with brown undertones. But, I prefer the warm brown tones, and it faces up quite white. I'm thinking it's closer to a K-L, which is actually my favorite range. The cut? I'm not so sure it's stellar, but I do see arrows. It measures a bit over 6mm, I'm not sure exact measurements because my calipers aren't that precise. It's in my sweet spot for size, I'm always most comfortable wearing .75 to 1 cts. in size. Overall, I'm happy with the diamond, knowing I don't think I could get much better for the price.

Now, the bad. The setting. I ordered rose gold, and I got yellow. That alone isn't what is upsetting me the most. On the website, the example pictures are clearly of a Tiffany repro, with "chunky" smooth, rounded prongs and a knife edge band. What I got? I describe it as a generic 6 prong setting. The kind all diamonds come in before you pick out your "forever" setting. I contacted Tina at New World Diamonds, and the only suggestion she could offer is for me to return it and they would send it out in rose gold. I don't think she understood when I complained that the setting (especially the prongs) are completely different. I'm on the verge of just keeping it, knowing the diamond alone was a good deal and just resetting it down the line. But, my suggestion they update the pictures to accurately show what they are selling met on deaf ears.

I'll get pictures to post tonight - promise!

Thank you very much for posting your experience. I think the price is very good, but those are pretty big mistakes for a vendor to make, in my opinion.

Angry customer

Rough_Rock
Did your solitaire ring come preset with the diamond?

When I inquired about the certificate for their jewellery (i.e. preset items), I was informed that these do not come with these certificates but they can send the other certificates upon request. Hence I did not go ahead with the purchase.

Only the loose diamonds comes with either the IGI, IGL, EGL or even GIA certificates.

When I asked before purchasing the preset ring thru their web chat they assured they had a IGL certificate so I went ahead and ordered. When I didn´t receive any certificate I asked about it and they sent me a digital copy from Independent Laboratories LLC which to me doesnt seem to be a lab or a proper company (no information on their website on when they were founded, their experience, their staff, their state of incorporation, etc.) After raising this issue they said what you mention and that they used the IGL abbreviation, name and link on their website but that recently IGL had changed names to Independent Labs, which is not true (more so when their Certification blog post redirected users to the proper IGL site). All in all I think its purposedly done to confuse (and deceive) buyers. They have now removed the blog post and have offered a refund or exchange with a IGI diamond.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you had to go though this, but I'm really glad you have a choice of a refund or replacement.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
When I asked before purchasing the preset ring thru their web chat they assured they had a IGL certificate so I went ahead and ordetred. When I didn´t receive any certificate I asked about it and they sent me a digital copy from Independent Laboratories LLC which to me doesnt seem to be a lab or a proper company (no information on their website on when they were founded, their experience, their staff, their state of incorporation, etc.) After raising this issue they said what you mention and that they used the IGL abbreviation, name and link on their website but that recently IGL had changed names to Independent Labs, which is not true (more so when their Certification blog post redirected users to the proper IGL site). All in all I think its purposedly done to confuse (and deceive) buyers. They have now removed the blog post and have offered a refund or exchange with a IGI diamond.

I am sorry you have to go through this. Will you be opting for a refund? I have purchased x2 from them - colored loose stones and they are awesome. The lab reports are accurate and match the stones too. I will only consider ordering colored loose stones due to the price factor and the shipping fee is much cheaper than the other FCD vendors.

Thanks for raising this here. I am glad I didn't go ahead with the purchase of their preset items. Btw, who did you speak to via the chat? Iirc, Anji usually mans the Chat more. Sonal and Tina via email followups. So far I been working more closely with Sonal and Tina and they seem quite transparent. I noted that Anji does not seem to understand certain things when I inquired more in detail about the lab report, for example whether the older dates of the cert mean that the stones have been previously traded in? Maybe my English is terrible or she is being evasive? :think:

Btw, for the digital LLC certificate that you have received, Is this the LLC they were refering to this site? https://www.ilabsllc.com/

Is this the IGL certificate which you were expecting to receive? https://www.igl-labs.com/en/igl-certificate

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results