shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone bought from GemSelect? Reviews

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning,

Has anyone on PS done business with GemSelect, I have seen a couple of stones that look very pretty, but wanted to get reviews on this vendor.

Thanks

LM

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Alrighty I guess I should have done a search before I created my post, I found my answer :rolleyes:

LM

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
i have bought a few things from them ( & also returned stones without problems!).
the cut of the stones can be really awful! you can see from the pictures that it isn't well cut.
i think the photos are close enough to what the stone actually looks like but the photos are definitely a prettied up version...

LisaLou

Rough_Rock
It's a shame they aren't quality because their site is so well put together and easy to use. Based on reviews I wouldn't buy anything expensive or important from them....but I make jewelry and I was thinking of ordering some briolettes for a couple of projects. They have some that look decent and I wouldn't be too sad either way if they weren't 100% because that's my "play" jewelry!

Carol555

Rough_Rock
Yikes,

I am new to this and I havent ever bought a gem stones before. So, I am being careful and checking everything I can before I decide who to give my money too.

Have you guys seen the reviews about Gemselect here:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/gemselect.aspx

I will NOT be buying from this company. Are AJS gems any good ?

thanks guys

Carol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJS is on the recommended vendor list as being honest, trustworthy and easy to deal with. The only caution is that they no longer provide additional photography (but you can still ask as many questions as you feel necessary), return shipping is to Thailand (used to be able to return to a US address) and their gemstones are slightly less saturated than shown. So if interested in a particular shade or colour gem, browse for one a notch amped up.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Carol555|1336054062|3186543 said:
Yikes,

I am new to this and I havent ever bought a gem stones before. So, I am being careful and checking everything I can before I decide who to give my money too.

Have you guys seen the reviews about Gemselect here:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/gemselect.aspx

I will NOT be buying from this company. Are AJS gems any good ?

thanks guys

Carol
Oh no! What a shame. I've looked on the site before. But I agree some of the cutting looks awful. I'm sure there are a few good stones though if you really look.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1336058538|3186608 said:
AJS is on the recommended vendor list as being honest, trustworthy and easy to deal with. The only caution is that they no longer provide additional photography (but you can still ask as many questions as you feel necessary), return shipping is to Thailand (used to be able to return to a US address) and their gemstones are slightly less saturated than shown. So if interested in a particular shade or colour gem, browse for one a notch amped up.

I've never bought from AJS before. But I once emailed them wanting info on a few stones and they were fast to reply and answered my questions in great detail.

Carol555

Rough_Rock
Hi Chrono/innerkitten,

Thank you for your thoughts.

I definitely will Not be buying from gemselect. I have emailed AJS and they responded straight away. Also there are no bad reviews about AJS like the awful warnings on www.ripoffreport not to use gemselect. I have seen a v nice stone on AJS and I am about to send payment.

Thanks again

Carol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you will come back and post a review (and lots of pictures :naughty: ) of both the vendor and stone.

Carol555

Rough_Rock
Hi Chrono,

will do

thanx

Carol

GemSelect

Rough_Rock
Trade
Realizing this thread is quite old and it may be too late to even bother replying, we would just like to make note that this review site known as - Rip Off Report (referred to from now on as ROR) - is quite a controversy in itself. The reviews left on this website are from unreliable sources and in our case, were left by somebody (whom we know the identity of) strictly in intention to harm our online reputation.

If anyone would like to see real and validated reviews from our actual customers, you can rely on Bizrate (http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--259953.html). These reviews can only be left by those who have gone through our actual checkout process on our website.

aaronl

Rough_Rock
Ripoffreport is one of my least favorite websites. Its business model is to accumulate negative reports on a business, then charge the business a substantial fees for the opportunity to 'arbitrate' a negative report.

Quoting a recent federal trial court,
Giordano v. Romeo said:
The business practices of Xcentric, as presented by the evidence before this Court, are appalling. Xcentr ic appears to pride itself on having created a forum for defamation. No checks are in place to ensure that only reliable information is publicized. Xcentric retains no general counsel to determine whether its users are availing themselves of its services for the purpose of tortious or illegal conduct. Even when, as here, a user regrets what she has posted and takes every effort to retract it, Xcentric refuses to allow it. Moreover, Xcentric insists in its brief that its policy is never to remove a post. It will not entertain any scenario in which, despite the clear damage that a defamatory or illegal post would continue to cause so long as it remains on the website, Xcentric would remove an offending post.

However much as this Court may disapprove of business practices like those embraced by Xcentric, the law on this issue is clear. Xcentric enjoys complete immunity from any action brought against it as a result of the postings of third party users of its website.
I looked through the reports about gemselect. Some raise concerns about missing shipments. Some raise concerns about whether gemstones were synthetic or treated, and misrepresented to the consumer. Some reflect unrealistic expectations on the part of the consumer (e.g., the guy who ordered 15 gemstones for $550 and was surprised when his sapphires and rubies turned out to be what he paid for). Some are political. About half seem sufficiently similar that I suspect they were posted by the same person.

The content of the complaints raises some questions I would ask before buying from GemSelect. What was the resolution of the complaints about shipments, coming and going, that were lost in transit? Are all gemstone treatments fully disclosed on the website? What was the resolution of the cases involving allegedly synthetic stones - were they, for example, accepted as returns? Tested and verified to be natural?

GemSelect

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi AaronL, in response to your post, you're absolutely correct in that it was the same author in most of these posts found on ROR. Also, thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt and allowing us to answer some questions raised after reading some of the outrageous defamation posts on ROR.

As for replies to your questions:

1: In any scenerio involving lost packages, we gladly (have and will) offer suitable replacements or a full refund. Even if the package is damaged, we gladly resolve the issue 100%. If any of you have an online business or have a payment gateway, you know that too many disputes or chargebacks can close accounts and because we have almost 0% chargeback claims, our accounts are in excellent standing.

2: All gemstone treatments are disclosed on our website to the absolute best of our knowledge. We send samples from every lot we purchase to be tested at AIGS before we offer them for sale. We would never, ever knowingly withhold any treatment details, just to earn a quick buck.

3: The report on Synthetic was complete bogus. We have never had a case of a real customer complaint involving synthetics. If ever in the future there happens to be a scenerio involving any allegations from a real customer, you can bet your pants that we would do anything and everything to make it right and at our expense.

Thanks to all for taking the time to hear our side of the story!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results