shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody have the WF Champaigne pave setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one too
30.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-is-here.31632/

luvthatstone

Rough_Rock
I used to have it, but I gave it to my bride-to-be :)

Really beautiful setting. The pics on the WF website do NOT do it justice.

Once you see it in the light when the little pave stones start shining, its a real beauty.

One of the things my fiance noticed is when people look at it, they say two things. One, how sparkly it is, and two, how unique it is.

I went a little nuts with this ring, first getting the stone from GOG, then shipping it to WF for the Champaigne setting, but they are quite a combo.

If you have any questions or need pics, let me know and I''ll be happy to help.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Pricescope and Lorelei! You saved me a lot of time! I had searched through the galleries and did various searches but didn''t run into that setting...
35.gif

Luvthatstone, thanks for your comments. I have been looking for a setting for months...this one really intrigues me. I wish I could see it in person, nothing beats that. You said you got your stone from GOG...but on the website WF states you must buy this setting with the stone...maybe that''s a mistake?

Do you by any chance have pictures of the ring that you can post? I know you love the setting, but how is the polish/finish all over the ring in your opinion?

luvthatstone

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is intriguing, isn''t it? :)

They way WF explained their policy of buying the setting with the diamond to me is, that they will sell you the just the setting as long as you have the stone shipped to WF for them to set your stone in their setting. It''s a process, to be sure - but that will also ensure that their lifetime warranty in effect for the setting (you''re on your own if something happens to the diamond but that''s what insurance is for anyway, no?).

What I don''t know is if they have a certain criteria for which stones they will mount and which stones they won''t, but you''d be best to ask if they have a policy on that.

I don''t have any pictures with me now, but I have a few floating around on my camera and will get some more tonight or tomorrow in this thread to give you a better idea of what it looks like out in the real world.

The polish/finish all over the ring is satin/matte. For this ring, keep in mind the only purpose of the metal is to hold the stones, and let the diamonds do all of the sparkling. Again, the WF pics don''t do it justice. In the pics on the WF website, to me it looks like the the setting is made of cast lead, but in actual light, it has a nice patina-style luster to it. Very elegant.

Another thing worth mentioning is the high quality workmanship of this ring. When I had the ring appraised, the appraiser pointed out numerous high marks for this ring - from how the head is solidly placed into the shank to how the burnished stones were painstakingly set into the shank.

The long-term durability of the satin finish is my only real question at this point. Since shes only been wearing it less then a month, so far it''s held up with flying colors. How the finish holds up after 10 years of everyday wear remains to be seen.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link and your comments, aljdewey. I wish I could see it in person!

luvthatstone, thanks for answering all my questions in detail and in advance for the pictures -- I really appreciate it! I think I like the satiny finish, even though before seeing this setting all I ever wanted to try on were highly polished/plain shank rings like the Lucida -- but there were times when I tried on platinum rings without any side stones I felt there was too much metal and that my skin tone needed more sparkle (yet I did not want or wasn''t thinking of getting side stones or pave or anything). So this setting seems to have the best of both worlds -- not too shiny a finish AND a little sparkle.

WF told me via e-mail that the setting would accept a cushion stone as long as it''s "squarish". I don''t have the stone yet, but that is what I plan (plan being the operative word here, it''s been months since I got engaged and can''t seem to find the right anything!) on getting. Before going ahead with this setting and square cushion though I would need to be reassured that it could be set exquisitly/perfectly in this setting and that I would not be compromising quality/look/safety (I''ve read of many other people having problems when using a shape stone that is not originally intended for the setting). I am too much of a perfectionist to be OK with anything less than perfect (I am also in search of an extremely detailed/perfectionist designer, in case I decide to go the custom route). I sent them another e-mail to see if I can indeed purchase the stone somewhere else, we''ll see what they say and if, like you stated, they will require that the stone be sent to them for mounting.

Can''t wait to see the pictures!
36.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK luvthatstone, where are my pictures?
29.gif
Just kidding, hope you''re having a good weekend...but don''t forget the pictures!

luvthatstone

Rough_Rock
Claudia,

Sorry about that. My planned quiet weekend turned into a busy one.

Here''s the pic that WF sent me of the ring before they shipped it. For your reference, the center stone is a little over a carat 1.05, G color VS2 clarity. It shows the satin finish off much better then the stock WF photos

It''s a stunner :)

I''ll have some more pics/handshots up by the end of tonight - I promise!

I don''t see why they couldn''t set a cushion in that setting since they can do rounds and princess cuts, but thats up to them I''m afraid...

1wf1.JPG

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Haven''t seen it in person, but looks really pretty from the pics!

luvthatstone

Rough_Rock
Ahh, at long last - more pics!

Sorry about the delay.

I picked a few which show the ring at different angles and such, mainly to try and bring out the sparkle. It''s tough trying to hold a light in one hand and a camera in the other. Let me know if you need anymore pics or angles, etc...

And let us know what you decide!!!

IMG_0630.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvthatstone...you are so sweet for posting all those pictures. Thank you so much. The ring looks absolutely beautiful -- she must get so many compliments on it. I will keep you guys updated as to what I decide.

In the meantime, thanks again.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more thing...I LOVE the second picture...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last thing (I promise this time!)...I was taking a look at all the pictures again...it''s great to have the close up, the finish is hard to appreciate in the other pictures I''ve seen. I really love that satiny look paired with the sparkle of the diamonds. It''s gorgeous.

Once again...THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results