shape
carat
color
clarity

any vitamins that actually help with

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pleasure. Just send me your address and as soon as I can get to the post office I will send them. I'm at work now anyway so no need to hurry this morning. The soonest I can get to the post office is tomorrow anyway.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to update - I'm a little over one month into Viviscal and have seen no changes yet. I know everything says it takes 2-3 months to start noticing a change, but I wanted to update in case anyone is wondering if that's really the case. :lol: My hair is a little longer than it was when I started, but not anything beyond my normal hair growth in a month.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1447934454|3951665 said:
This is a good thread. I never thought to start one here on this subject. Niel it will probably help more people than you can imagine.

I lost 70% of my hair to illness four years ago and despite the fact that I no longer have a colon and I almost died twice during treatment, losing my hair was shocking and devastating to me, in a different way. My type of hair loss (after seeing two dermatologists) was something called Telogen Effluvium. My hair was supposed to grow back as I recovered. But it didn't. Not all of it. I have about 20% regrowth, so half the hair I used to have and all of it is baby fine and more like filament than hair.

Two of my doctors put me on 100 mgs. of Biotin every day indefinitely. Yes, that's 20 - 5mg. little capsules. A lot to swallow every day especially with the rest of the arsenal that I take. Then I also take 10,000 IU of mixed food carotenes twice a day. I also take Saw Palmetto and lastly, I just added Black Currant Seed Oil. I take that orally twice daily and I mix 6 drops of the oil concentrate into my shampoo and leave it there to penetrate the scalp for five minutes before I rinse it off.

I just started using baby shampoo because it's very mild and yet does a good job of cleaning hair and scalp, and I'm going to add Pre-Natals to my regime. Does anyone have a specific brand or strength of Pre-Natal vitamins?
I know this is an old thread, and not sure if you will see it gemgirl, but Baby Shampoo is mild/gentle for your eyes - not necessarily scalp and hair. Baby shampoo has a ph around 7, so it doesn't hurt when it washes into your eye. Your hair and scalp generally have a ph around 5. Changing your shampoo likely won't help your hair to GROW, but it will keep your current growth more healthy and less likely to damage, which can cause breakage. Anyways, just a thought for you (and others on hair growth journey!).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158629/

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biotin has helped me with hair growth. I first noticed improvement in my nails after 2 wks, and hair growth after 1 mo. I did not experience the side effect of breaking out like some have.
Coconut oil for a once a week 30min treatment. I've stopped using conditioner and while my hair is still wet I rub 2-4 drops of almond oil through, wait 5 min and then comb out. The almond oil seems to do a better job of strengethening and protecting without weighing it down than the argan/morrocan oils. I have fine hair.
Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen. 1 tsp in my shampoo helps with texture and volume. Some recommend mixing with coconut oil for deep treatment, but I haven't tried that. I also take 1-2 tbls in the am and pm in my tea. Has significantly improved my skin. I am in my late 40's and am desperate to keep the wrinkles and sagging at bay. Obviously not for vegetarians. More info: http://simplicityofwellness.com/2013/08/new-favorite-thing-collagen-hydrolysate

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Viviscal worked ok for me, but it did take a few months to notice anything. I might go back to those bec they're faster and easier to get, but I switched to the It Works Hair Skin and Nails and that one actually did work faster and better for me. I've also tried Hairfinity, but the It Works one was the most effective in the shortest timespan...HOWEVER...and this is a big one: You have to get involved in that racket of a pyramid scheme they have going on and find someone that sells it. Damn near half of my Facebook list is involved with that sham, selling those ridiculous wraps, so it's not like I had to look very far to get them. I signed up for that stupid loyalty nonsense just to get the lower price on them. They are the only product I buy from them. I've tried a few other things bec I had to for the stupid loyaly thing--the Greens are basically dirt, but the Greens Chews are not too bad. Either way...this is the only thing I've stuck with after those two experiments.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to update again since I just saw Viviscal mentioned in another thread -

I just started my fourth month, and there's still nothing drastically different. My thinning areas are still thinning, and the clumps of hair that come out when I brush my hair are still as thick as ever (shedding is one of the things I had most hoped Viviscal would help with, which it claims to do).

Everything I've read about it says to give it a full six months before making a final decision so I'll give it that since I'm already over halfway there, but I'm not too optimistic. I did get my hair cut late last week by a new (to me) hairdresser, and she mentioned that I have a lot of new baby hairs/new growth. Maybe it's related? Who knows.

Fingers crossed.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi- just wanted to pop in and say that I started taking Viviscal almost 3 months ago after a friend told me about how much it helped her hair growth. Viviscal has helped my hair to be thicker! I definitely noticed an improvement. It doesn't taste great and it is pricey but the benefits outweigh the "costs" so I plan to continue.
Hope that helps and that other ladies get effective results as well!! :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1456366121|3995282 said:
Hi- just wanted to pop in and say that I started taking Viviscal almost 3 months ago after a friend told me about how much it helped her hair growth. Viviscal has helped my hair to be thicker! I definitely noticed an improvement. It doesn't taste great and it is pricey but the benefits outweigh the "costs" so I plan to continue.
Hope that helps and that other ladies get effective results as well!! :wavey:

It tastes so bad!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results