shape
carat
color
clarity

any thoughts..?..computer generated image looks messy..?..just asking for advice, views before i agree to buy.... thanks..

Schuxian

Rough_Rock
0B678137-A4A1-4675-8821-8788160D8823.png

Attachments

• 981DA764-3BF9-4845-92CE-034C16DB75D8.png
    981DA764-3BF9-4845-92CE-034C16DB75D8.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 69
  • FF4E4188-E70F-43F6-8AF2-0203E4E5C6E3.png
    FF4E4188-E70F-43F6-8AF2-0203E4E5C6E3.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 01F9EEE4-2F71-4E96-AA95-379C4764CFDA.png
    01F9EEE4-2F71-4E96-AA95-379C4764CFDA.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DB16961A-83D3-4D30-9483-F1392A8F33BE.png
    DB16961A-83D3-4D30-9483-F1392A8F33BE.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 57

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great to me! Maybe not the perfect ASET image that we see with super ideal cuts, but it will still perform very well.

Schuxian

Rough_Rock
It looks great to me! Maybe not the perfect ASET image that we see with super ideal cuts, but it will still perform very well.

thanks, have looked at so many images, this one surprised as looked different..hence asking..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The computer generated image isn't as important as the ASET/IS image, which I suspect will look great.

Schuxian

Rough_Rock
The computer generated image isn't as important as the ASET/IS image, which I suspect will look great.

ok thanks, still waiting for those..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok thanks, still waiting for those..

It's inscribed "a cut above", which is a WF specific stone. Are you not buying from WF directly?

Schuxian

Rough_Rock
It's inscribed "a cut above", which is a WF specific stone. Are you not buying from WF directly?

yes buying directly from them..so no need to be concerned..?..

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few thoughts:

1. Given the inscription this is an ACA, A Cut Above, which is an exclusive brand to WF, WhiteFlash.

2. WF ACA’s are true heart & arrow (H&A) stones and are cut to a very strict and tight set of guidelines to ensure maximum light return and beauty. About 1% of all diamonds fall into this elite category.

3. Computer generated ASET’s shown on the AGS light performance addendum are based on a 3D scan of the stone when it’s at GIA/AGS. Real photo images always trump computer generated, assuming they are taken properly. WF has one of the best photo & video setups so getting good real images aren’t much of a concern as it can be with other vendors where they may be tilted, over saturated, etc.

4. While real photos do trump CG images, they should be fairly representative. See the link to another 1.50 H/VS2 and compare the AGS addendum to the actual ASET photo. Different but similar.

5. Why do you have to “wait” on images? Was this a custom cut? When stones are listed on their site they have full imaging and videos available to review. It’s part of the assurance and value of purchasing an ACA. Assuming you have the stone on reserve, can you share the link with us?

Example mentioned in item 4:

Edited to Add:
Apparently my internet connection was having issues. After I posted it showed several posts BEFORE mine that I didn’t initially see. Sorry for any duplications.

Schuxian

Rough_Rock
A few thoughts:

1. Given the inscription this is an ACA, A Cut Above, which is an exclusive brand to WF, WhiteFlash.

2. WF ACA’s are true heart & arrow (H&A) stones and are cut to a very strict and tight set of guidelines to ensure maximum light return and beauty. About 1% of all diamonds fall into this elite category.

3. Computer generated ASET’s shown on the AGS light performance addendum are based on a 3D scan of the stone when it’s at GIA/AGS. Real photo images always trump computer generated, assuming they are taken properly. WF has one of the best photo & video setups so getting good real images aren’t much of a concern as it can be with other vendors where they may be tilted, over saturated, etc.

4. While real photos do trump CG images, they should be fairly representative. See the link to another 1.50 H/VS2 and compare the AGS addendum to the actual ASET photo. Different but similar.

5. Why do you have to “wait” on images? Was this a custom cut? When stones are listed on their site they have full imaging and videos available to review. It’s part of the assurance and value of purchasing an ACA. Assuming you have the stone on reserve, can you share the link with us?

Example mentioned in item 4:

Edited to Add:
Apparently my internet connection was having issues. After I posted it showed several posts BEFORE mine that I didn’t initially see. Sorry for any duplications.

thanks, that’s all worth knowing..not a custom cut..the stone is currently in their system being analysed..the imagery will be shared when completed..all i have is a GIA / AGS report as shared..

no link on their website..

& yes on reserve, until all info available..I’d been looking for sometime..

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks, that’s all worth knowing..not a custom cut..the stone is currently in their system being analysed..the imagery will be shared when completed..all i have is a GIA / AGS report as shared..

no link on their website..

& yes on reserve, until all info available..I’d been looking for sometime..

Thank you for confirming. Makes more sense now with the lab report date of 5/1/23.

Can’t wait to see the images and videos. I’m sure you will be pleased.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooofffff look at those chunky arrows. Freaking love that. I’d be curious to see the detailed Sarine report. I’m guessing those LGF’s are 75 max. Notice that thin gap on the bottom of the hearts. :kiss2:

No concerns whatsoever. Gorgeous stone and great selection!

Schuxian

Rough_Rock
Oooofffff look at those chunky arrows. Freaking love that. I’d be curious to see the detailed Sarine report. I’m guessing those LGF’s are 75 max. Notice that thin gap on the bottom of the hearts. :kiss2:

No concerns whatsoever. Gorgeous stone and great selection!

thanks, that’s good to hear..

know more about diamonds than when i first started looking, fascinating..happy i held off buying when first looking..

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks, that’s good to hear..

know more about diamonds than when i first started looking, fascinating..happy i held off buying when first looking..

It’s awesome you got an amazing stone but it’s more incredible you have learned about some of these details and why cut is so important.

Never stop learning!

Best wishes to you and your soon to be!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results