shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pics of Mark Morrell''s Flame ring?? Puhlease!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
After seeing JadeLeaves gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
rings ( http://www.mwmjewelry.com ). Does anyone have any "real life" pics or hand shots of this beauty??!! I realize this setting is fairly new, but I read somewhere on here that a couple of people have it... or might know what the price range is for this beauty (the setting with 0.06ctw)? I heard somewhere around $1800USD? I figure Mark is busy enough, I don't want to bother him...
emwink.gif
I was also wondering if it sits flush with another band?

Flame_plat_all-first-shots047m.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
blingergirl,
I think diamondseeker got a quote from mark on the setting. hopefully she''s chime in but I think it was around 2K to set her 1.6, so the price may vary depending on the size of the stone. I also am pretty sure that a wedding band can sit relatively close, maybe not perfectly flush but close enough to be a set.

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Hi blingergirl, I have in fact just ordered this very setting! My diamond is approx. 1.28 carats, and I''d be happy to post some pics once I get this beauty in my anxious little hands. I''m anticipating another 1.5-2 weeks before I get it. I''m planning to wear it with a 1/2 eternity band, so I''ll let you know how it fits with the flame.

fatkid

Rough_Rock
I heard it''s closer to $2000 for the no-stones in window version....

(this isnt'' definitive though, I remember someone quoting it in a previous thread)

-r.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for responding. I figured it would be $1800-2500 so it sounds like that's the ball park figure...

Date: 2/22/2007 10:07:10 AM
Author: ottawaexpat1
Hi blingergirl, I have in fact just ordered this very setting! My diamond is approx. 1.28 carats, and I'd be happy to post some pics once I get this beauty in my anxious little hands. I'm anticipating another 1.5-2 weeks before I get it. I'm planning to wear it with a 1/2 eternity band, so I'll let you know how it fits with the flame.
REALLY?!! I can't wait for the pictures!! Please tell me you have a camera that takes great pictures cuz I want to see DETAILS!
31.gif
I was thinking of a knife edge pave wedding band, but I still want to see pics of both of your rings! Please post lots!

Edited to add: And are you from Ottawa? Because I am from Winnipeg, so if you are, could you please let me know about your Canadian experience with purchasing your diamond and setting from the States? ie, taxes, duties, shipping, how are you sending the diamond to Mark and picking up the ring (as I read in his site he won't accept international packages or ship internationally...). Thanks!

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
I will
Date: 2/22/2007 6:25:33 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
Thanks all for responding. I figured it would be $1800-2500 so it sounds like that''s the ball park figure...

Hi blingergirl, I have in fact just ordered this very setting! My diamond is approx. 1.28 carats, and I''d be happy to post some pics once I get this beauty in my anxious little hands. I''m anticipating another 1.5-2 weeks before I get it. I''m planning to wear it with a 1/2 eternity band, so I''ll let you know how it fits with the flame.
REALLY?!! I can''t wait for the pictures!! Please tell me you have a camera that takes great pictures cuz I want to see DETAILS!
31.gif
I was thinking of a knife edge pave wedding band, but I still want to see pics of both of your rings! Please post lots!

Edited to add: And are you from Ottawa? Because I am from Winnipeg, so if you are, could you please let me know about your Canadian experience with purchasing your diamond and setting from the States? ie, taxes, duties, shipping, how are you sending the diamond to Mark and picking up the ring (as I read in his site he won''t accept international packages or ship internationally...). Thanks!
I will definitely post pics once I get the ring. I''m very excited! Without going into specifics, your ballpark range is on target, with my experience being at the lower end. I think it depends on the size of your stone, of course.

I am from Ottawa, but currently live in Houston, so luckily I don''t have to deal with the border stuff. Sorry I can''t be of more assistance in that respect! I purchased my stone from Whiteflash (15th anniversary upgrade - yipee!), and they have sent it directly to Mark. I believe he prefers it if your diamond is sent directly from the vendor, or an appraiser. If I am not mistaken, I think he will then send it back to them (and you can figure out your shipping details from there with the vendor/appraiser).
Good luck with your own project, if you decide to go with Mark, and be sure to post your own pics too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about the setting or one with 4 prongs. The price was around $2000 for my size stone. I can''t wait to see yours, Connie!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOooooooo - can''t WAIT to see this!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW great!!! This looks like such a FAB setting. I can''t wait to see your "real person" photos.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 10:20:32 PM
I will

I will definitely post pics once I get the ring. I''m very excited! Without going into specifics, your ballpark range is on target, with my experience being at the lower end. I think it depends on the size of your stone, of course.

I am from Ottawa, but currently live in Houston, so luckily I don''t have to deal with the border stuff. Sorry I can''t be of more assistance in that respect! I purchased my stone from Whiteflash (15th anniversary upgrade - yipee!), and they have sent it directly to Mark. I believe he prefers it if your diamond is sent directly from the vendor, or an appraiser. If I am not mistaken, I think he will then send it back to them (and you can figure out your shipping details from there with the vendor/appraiser).
Good luck with your own project, if you decide to go with Mark, and be sure to post your own pics too!
Connie,

How many more days??!!! I can hardly wait to see your pics so I can''t even imagine what you are going through!!!

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 2:41:27 PM

Date: 2/22/2007 10:20:32 PM
I will

Connie,

How many more days??!!! I can hardly wait to see your pics so I can''t even imagine what you are going through!!!
Hi Blingergrrrl, I''m not really sure, but hope no more than another week, perhaps 10 days max. I don''t want to bug him, so I thought I''d contact him later this week to see how things are going. He agreed to make it on Valentine''s Day, and for something like this that he doesn''t have to go through a whole new design process, he figured around 3 weeks (give or take). It will be 2 weeks Wed, and yes, I''m pretty anxious to see it! Will keep you posted!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful setting. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
...hmm, it''s been 1.5 weeks!!! Nothing yet, hey??!!!
9.gif
Or maybe you are out enjoying your new ring??!
9.gif
9.gif

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 8:32:41 PM

...hmm, it''s been 1.5 weeks!!! Nothing yet, hey??!!!
9.gif
Or maybe you are out enjoying your new ring??!
9.gif
9.gif
Nope! Late last week Mark hoped it would be ready to ship mid-week this week, so we''ll see. I''m away Friday thu Monday, so if it doesn''t arrive by Thurs, I won''t get to see it until next Tues
emsad.gif
. I''m sooo anxious to get it!!!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 10:15:29 PM
Nope! Late last week Mark hoped it would be ready to ship mid-week this week, so we''ll see. I''m away Friday thu Monday, so if it doesn''t arrive by Thurs, I won''t get to see it until next Tues
emsad.gif
I hope it arrives before you go, because to know that it will arrive when you''re away (and can''t see it) would drive me nuts!!

...and are you going anywhere romantic?
28.gif
(...y''know, I always think of this smiley as more of a "twitch" than a "wink" smiley, or is that just me?)

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 8:58:42 PM

emsad.gif
I hope it arrives before you go, because to know that it will arrive when you''re away (and can''t see it) would drive me nuts!!

28.gif
(...y''know, I always think of this smiley as more of a ''twitch'' than a ''wink'' smiley, or is that just me?)
Good news! I was informed that the ring was ready to ship today, and it is currently on its way to me! Yahoo! I should have it by tomorrow afternoon, so I''ll try to get some pics posted asap (my computer is a bit messed up, so I have to wait until DH does it on his). Mark actually sent a few pics to me tonight, but I can''t seem to copy them. I think perhaps they''re copyrighted? Does anyone know how to post them some other way? Anyhow, they are very similar to the ones on his website (if I remember correctly, the diamond on his site is around 1 c, mine is 1.28, so there isn''t a huge difference).

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 8:58:42 PM

emsad.gif

28.gif
(...y''know, I always think of this smiley as more of a ''twitch'' than a ''wink'' smiley, or is that just me?)
Oh - forgot to answer this - no, we''re going down the Texas coast for a few days with the kids for Spring Break (or March Break for all you Canadians!).

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 12:13:15 AM
Author:blingergrrrl
After seeing JadeLeaves gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
rings ( http://www.mwmjewelry.com ).

Awww thanks!

ottawaexpat - I can''t wait to see the first pics of the Flame ring worn by a fellow p''ser!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 9:50:17 PM
Good news! I was informed that the ring was ready to ship today, and it is currently on its way to me! Yahoo! I should have it by tomorrow afternoon, so I''ll try to get some pics posted asap (my computer is a bit messed up, so I have to wait until DH does it on his). Mark actually sent a few pics to me tonight, but I can''t seem to copy them. I think perhaps they''re copyrighted? Does anyone know how to post them some other way? Anyhow, they are very similar to the ones on his website (if I remember correctly, the diamond on his site is around 1 c, mine is 1.28, so there isn''t a huge difference).

Oh - forgot to answer this - no, we''re going down the Texas coast for a few days with the kids for Spring Break (or March Break for all you Canadians!).
!!!!! AWESOME !!!! It''s Friday now so I guess you didn''t figure it out before you left, so I hope to see the pics early next week with hand pics !!! It must be beautiful. I''m so happy for you!

(and we don''t have a March Break, just a spring break in February...at least in University/College, lol)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 6:03:34 PM

!!!!! AWESOME !!!! It''s Friday now so I guess you didn''t figure it out before you left, so I hope to see the pics early next week with hand pics !!! It must be beautiful. I''m so happy for you!

(and we don''t have a March Break, just a spring break in February...at least in University/College, lol)
but spring isn''t until march/april/may/june!! lol!! yeah yeah picky picky ;-)

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 7:27:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

but spring isn''t until march/april/may/june!! lol!! yeah yeah picky picky ;-)
lol, I didn''t say it made any sense!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results