shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Photoshop experts with time on their hands???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hello all, I have a 2ct arriving soon... and I''m thinking of settings. I love both of these rings. But I would love to see if a full bezel could be used instead of prongs on the first one. (or conversely a wider then tapered shank on the second one) I was wondering if anyone knows how if they could kind of superimpose a thin bezel on the first pic? Do you think it would work? be too much?? Thanks so much if anyone knows how to do this!

cheers, a

MedSculptMadison.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Sorry still don''t know how to do more than one pic at once! Here''s the bezel ring by Etienne Perret:

TaperedHaloFront.png

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 3:05:05 PM
Author:angeline
Hello all, I have a 2ct arriving soon... and I'm thinking of settings. I love both of these rings. But I would love to see if a full bezel could be used instead of prongs on the first one. (or conversely a wider then tapered shank on the second one) I was wondering if anyone knows how if they could kind of superimpose a thin bezel on the first pic? Do you think it would work? be too much?? Thanks so much if anyone knows how to do this!

cheers, a
What do you mean angeline? EP's shank does not look like tapered. Ii will come back to you soon with the pictures as i understood...as good as i got
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 3:18:15 PM
Author: Pricescope

Hello all, I have a 2ct arriving soon... and I''m thinking of settings. I love both of these rings. But I would love to see if a full bezel could be used instead of prongs on the first one. (or conversely a wider then tapered shank on the second one) I was wondering if anyone knows how if they could kind of superimpose a thin bezel on the first pic? Do you think it would work? be too much?? Thanks so much if anyone knows how to do this!

cheers, a
What do you mean angeline? EP''s shank does not look like tapered. Ii will come back to you soon with the pictures as i understood...as good as i got
2.gif

Oh sorry for the confusion: what I meant was putting the shank from the first pic (the Bondanza wide then tapering shank) on the EP bezel. Or putting a bezel on the Bondanza ring. I guess swapping heads and bodies on the two rings!

Hope this helps clear it up! Looking forward to what you might come up with - thanks!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh oh oh oh...I'm hyper-ventilating!!! You are the GREATEST!!! that is even better than I imagined it could look. That is exactly what I was hoping it would look like!!! Have I used enough exclamation points!!!???

THank you SO much, that gives me confidence to move forward on this project. I wish I could do that stuff, but I find Photoshop incomprehensible.

Whoo-hooo!!!

a

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You are welcome, please post pictures when you have your ring.
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!
great job on the photoshop!
36.gif

i just saw a ring like this recently and i can tell you that it was simply stunning. i would have never imagined myself thinking about a full bezel setting but after seeing that ring, i was sold. it was just beautiful.

can''t wait to see yours angeline!
3.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle! I was thikning that maybe it should taper a little more and also thinking of some round sides ''rubbed in'' like this:

MedMadisonRndSides.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, nice photoshop!!! I like the side stones!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think rubbed in sides would look great! if you did do the sides, i don''t picture it tapering more though, i actually picture it tapering less.
i''m sure you could get a few more photoshop options from the queen of imagination-come-to-life.
2.gif

etienneperret

Rough_Rock
Hi Angeline,
The bridal set that you have pictured is certainly lovely. I agree with you that it will look very beautiful with a bezel. I would suggest a thin bezel maybe 1/2 a millimeter in thickness. It should have a similar appearance to the edge of the matching wedding band. Tell Michael Bondanza that you want this ring done with a bezel, they will understand. You need to think about whether you want the diamond to sit down low near the ring shank or if you want it to sit up a little ways. I think you should be able to get them to provide you with drawings of what it will look like with a low or tall bezel.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Belle - hmmmm.... I see what you mean. I just didn''t want it to look too ''manly'' LOL!

Etienne - thank you for your input. Your bezel halo rings are my first love! I just think that the triangular outline presented by a tapering shank suits my hand better than a straight band.

This is all very exciting!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

cheers, a
sorry, no help here... I love the 2nd one so much!!! I would love it more if it came off the shank with a split up to the bezel...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm, yes, split shank would be lovely on that!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 5:54:22 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Mmmm, yes, split shank would be lovely on that!
it was the fantasy I held whenever I got frustrated looking for an OMC! lol Whenever I started thinking of rounds I went back to this exact setting but in my head gave it a split betwen shank and halo.... I love how indestructable it seems! The one with the plat one as already said hers is scruffy but that in white gold could be really great!! If the ring broke, likely the whole bezel would fly off and keep protecting the diamond! lol!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Teeny unsolicited opinion here...
1.gif

...I LOVE the photoshopped version of the ring....YUM! But I don''t care for the side diamonds...to me they sort of break up "the flow"...

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am with widget, actually like it more without the sidestones....
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I wasn''t going to be the spoil sport, but since it''s now been said, I totally agree with Kaleigh and widget.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
no sidestones!!

I thought I remembered some styles like this at sholdt design. Here are some of theirs ...

sholttapered.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
More Sholdt ...

sholdttapered2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more ... not quite halo ... but same kind of look ... love it!

sholdt3.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I saw both these rings today at a jeweler in DC and I can tell you that the plain solitaire was TO DIE FOR! I was in love! It is so striking! I wish I''d had my camera with me...though they didn''t seem like the types to let me take pics. They had it set up with the curved WB to...and honestly, it was so beautiful it made me want a curved band! I think you''d be soooo happy with the solitaire...with or without the bezel.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one's to die for.
30.gif

lol Forgot to quote last pic deco posted.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
oh-my-gosh! they are all to die for! I do love that last one Deco. Thanks for all the great pics. Is the last one Linda Penwarden? I love the idea of an indestructable setting too. I'm a bit of a klutz and I'd be worried all the time with a delicate setting.

Cehra - split shank yum! I love split shanks. It would give me the triangular look without being too heavy. I can just imagine the bezel flying off like some really tiny expensive frisbee if the ring broke, LOL!

Facet - which ones did you see? Trouble is, it's like the diamond, I just love 'em all!

Widget, Kaleigh and Ellen - I like to hear your opinions. Your rings are all so darn gorgeous, I need to get input cos none of my girlfriends are at all into bling! They think I'm nuts! I just wish I could take one of you along on a setting hunt to get opinions!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the photoshopped version is still my favorite, closely followed by deco''s half bezel.
18.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 8:43:17 PM
Author: angeline
Widget, Kaleigh and Ellen - I like to hear your opinions. Your rings are all so darn gorgeous, I need to get input cos none of my girlfriends are at all into bling! They think I''m nuts! I just wish I could take one of you along on a setting hunt to get opinions!
Yeah.... and deco and add me too... the beauty of those designs is in the fluidity - it''s just gonna look weird chunky I think if you stick more stones in it.... play it up with the blingy band!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh YEAH! I would love a shopping trip with any and all of you! I read with jealousy the Joe Escobar trip - I live 5 minutes from JE. I so don''t look the type to buy big bling, most salespeople kinda overlook me. Another reason I love buying from the internet.

Anyway thread-jacking my own thread there... what I was going to say was... I love the idea of a plain ering-type ring with lots of fluid metal and a super-take-your-eye-out sparkly band to wear all the time! I also love a gap, not too keen on mathcy-matchy.

Sigh...so much bling, so little time (and not enough $$$, ha!)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I saw both those first two Bondanzas you posted. The plain solitaire was BY FAR the most beautiful...much more fluid than the other one. SO FLUID! I couldn''t even believe it. I would love to have one...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Adding my vote for Irina''s photoshop (great job) or the half bezel from Deco. No side stones please. Couldn''t you just see the job Mark M. could do on that platinum?
3.gif

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results