shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Pearl Strand That You Can't Get Out of Your Mind?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a saved picture of this famous sea of Cortez strand on Kojima? I’m dying of curiosity!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearl strand that haunts me is the Akoya pearl strand @amoline had posted last year . He was not in trade then just photographing them professionally . It had an other worldly glow . I can't find that thread . I dont think I can ever afford one
This was my gateway strand too :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a strand that they just can't get out of their mind? Either for sale or posted here on PS? Or maybe a fantastic loose pearl, a ring, or set of earrings?

For me it is this one from JNBGems on Etsy. This strand really speaks to me. The colors, the luster, the shape. Just exquisite IMHO, but I know the size of the pearls are too small for me to truly appreciate and wear. But I truly do love it and hope someone from PS buys it and posts pictures. https://www.etsy.com/listing/838323920/16-peacock-semi-baroque-tahitian-pearl?ref=user_profile&cns=1

il_794xN.2723928718_8wq6.jpg il_1140xN.2771614203_q4bg.jpg
I can see why this haunts you. It would haunt me too. It’s beautiful :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a saved picture of this famous sea of Cortez strand on Kojima? I’m dying of curiosity!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got three pearls/strands that I can’t seem to forget, and I’ve tried!! :bigsmile:

The first is a strand that I actually owned - baroque Tahitians from Pearl Paradise. The teal off-round strand third from left. The body of third from left and third from right (the middle two strands) was actually exactly the same, but third from right had incredibly bright cherry overtones and third from left had no overtone of consequence. But they were such a beautifully vivid, saturated teal colour, no yellow at all... So unusual!! :love:

I kept third from right (along with a couple others). I sent third from left back. I regretted it within the hour. They popped back up for sale and I jumped, but when I checked out I got an error - someone else had swooped in before me. I wonder if that other person had also sent them back and regretted it.

I check the site every so often wondering if they, or something like them, might show up again. No luck so far. ;(

1BE30C49-DEB0-42A8-BB59-7EF2DC78435C.jpeg

The second is a friend’s golden south sea pearl. I don’t believe she’s shared photos here on PS so I can’t, but... It is THE most beautiful GSS that I’ve ever set eyes on. Lustrous and bright and quite literally the colour of brushed 24k gold. I actually asked a vendor to find a lineup of pearls like it, with my friend’s permission, but that effort was... Pretty much a total flop. Woe is me, I know! More on that in some other thread some other day. I’ve come up with a Plan B that I’m actually very happy with... More on that in some other thread on some other day too.

The third is @icy_jade’s Golay Tahitian drops. I mean. Just. Little Sirens, aren’t they?

9D74D8CA-000A-4902-9BA4-3869AB2650C4.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got three pearls/strands that I can’t seem to forget, and I’ve tried!! :bigsmile:

The first is a strand that I actually owned - baroque Tahitians from Pearl Paradise. The teal off-round strand third from left. The body of third from left and third from right (the middle two strands) was actually exactly the same, but third from right had incredibly bright cherry overtones and third from left had no overtone of consequence. But they were such a beautifully vivid, saturated teal colour, no yellow at all... So unusual!! :love:

I kept third from right (along with a couple others). I sent third from left back. I regretted it within the hour. They popped back up for sale and I jumped, but when I checked out I got an error - someone else had swooped in before me. I wonder if that other person had also sent them back and regretted it.

I check the site every so often wondering if they, or something like them, might show up again. No luck so far. ;(

1BE30C49-DEB0-42A8-BB59-7EF2DC78435C.jpeg

The second is a friend’s golden south sea pearl. I don’t believe she’s shared photos here on PS so I can’t, but... It is THE most beautiful GSS that I’ve ever set eyes on. Lustrous and bright and quite literally the colour of brushed 24k gold. I actually asked a vendor to find a lineup of pearls like it, with my friend’s permission, but that effort was... Pretty much a total flop. Woe is me, I know! More on that in some other thread some other day. I’ve come up with a Plan B that I’m actually very happy with... More on that in some other thread on some other day too.

The third is @icy_jade’s Golay Tahitian drops. I mean. Just. Little Sirens, aren’t they?

9D74D8CA-000A-4902-9BA4-3869AB2650C4.jpeg

Yssie- I am so in love with your pearl collection! I can see why you miss the teal strand. It is gorgeous.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a strand that they just can't get out of their mind? Either for sale or posted here on PS? Or maybe a fantastic loose pearl, a ring, or set of earrings?

For me it is this one from JNBGems on Etsy. This strand really speaks to me. The colors, the luster, the shape. Just exquisite IMHO, but I know the size of the pearls are too small for me to truly appreciate and wear. But I truly do love it and hope someone from PS buys it and posts pictures. https://www.etsy.com/listing/838323920/16-peacock-semi-baroque-tahitian-pearl?ref=user_profile&cns=1

il_794xN.2723928718_8wq6.jpg il_1140xN.2771614203_q4bg.jpg

Hmmm, I can not get this strand out of my mind now. Please save me from buying these, they probably only look good in a Lightbox light, right?

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, I can not get this strand out of my mind now. Please save me from buying these, they probably only look good in a Lightbox light, right?

I’m going to be an enabler (sorry lol) and say that I bought a few loose Tahitians from JNBGems recently and they look exactly like their pictures. I’m extremely happy with them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I learned my lesson in the color stone forum and generally stay away from the others including this one because of the PS Effect. :kiss2:
I have stayed off the "Show me the ring" threads for months because I am itching to upgrade one of my E rings :). I am no better with pearls, but they are less expensive when I cave.

I'd bet you money it's just as lovely. That picture does not look enhanced.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somebody bought my precious! I hope they are a PS member and post tons of pics. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang! When I have a "precious" that I can't quite bring myself to purchase, but still love and adore it, there's a mixture of disappointment and relief when someone else buys it. LOL!

Right? For this particular strand I am just over the moon that someone snapped it up. It was just too tempting.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They are ludicrously pretty! You obviously have a stronger work ethic or ability to concentrate than me: I would get nothing done with those keeping me company...

Thanks! I wear earrings sometimes for video calls so I keep some on my desk. Plus really to cheer me up at work. Who wouldn’t feel happier looking at them right? :lol:

Those are gorgeous drops! Tahitians?
Thanks! Yes peacock Tahitians

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, if I could only go back to last week when I didn't even know Ombre pearl strands existed. But, sadly, my time machine is out of commission.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @yssie! Suddenly remembered your post when I saw them on my desk today and took a quick pic:

ECA90424-656B-4D66-AFEA-440CD904D73B.jpeg

Envy and all her synonyms right now!!! :love:

A rainbow of gems and then a rainbow in those pearls... I love that you’ve just got them hanging out at your desk... I confess I’m doing the same thing these days :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, if I could only go back to last week when I didn't even know Ombre pearl strands existed. But, sadly, my time machine is out of commission.

Its like the first time you see one simultaneously we're thinking
Wooooow ! What is that? ! I want it !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results