shape
carat
color
clarity

any other bird owners on PS?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for pics.Lovely birds all of them are adorable.
ps:Skippy''s quote:" I always asked for my bird and years later heard that is what may have happened."

so sorry Skippy that is sad.I am glad that you found out what happened even if it took years..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine say...."gung hay fat choy"....yells "mommie" real loud
23.gif
...."what ya doing" "i love you" "give me a kiss" "hello" when the phone rings. his name "sunshine"

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
What a neat thread! All of your birds are just gorgeous and I kinda want one now...I''ll have to do some research and see what I can find out! They seem so entertaining! Anyway, I wanted to post about a bird that a coworker has. She raised this one from a baby and has taught him TONS of things to say but the best is that when someone asks him "Can you talk?" his reply is "I can talk, can you fly?".
1.gif
How funny is that? Love it!

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if this will work... hope it does: A very impressive African Grey parrot
Einstein

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Pieface, your rose breasted cockatoo is beautiful! Do you live in the US? They are fairly rare birds here. I''ve seen them at shows. He looks so pretty and smart too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is our little parakeet. It''s hard to catch him not moving. Always on the go. He sings a lot, and minics what he hears. Once my husband came home and thought he heard the dog next door barking. But it was our little keet, minicing the bark. When we rattle foil, he makes a scratching sound. He loves to sing to music. He and Paul Potts make a terrific duet.

IMG_2261.JPG

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:45:03 AM
Author: Beacon
Pieface, your rose breasted cockatoo is beautiful! Do you live in the US? They are fairly rare birds here. I''ve seen them at shows. He looks so pretty and smart too.

Hi Beacon,

I live in Australia so the birds I have are native. Go to any local park near us and you will see cockatoo''s of various types depending on the time of day. We mainly have the mid sized to larger birds though. The cocktiels are over on the North East coast and I am South-West.

A large flock of corella''s (not sure what you would call these in the states?? ) use a local shopping centre as their roost. It can be deafening to shop there when they all come in to roost in the evening. Funny how the familiar seems so hum-drum to the locals haha!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pieface, what a beautiful galah!!! I used to work at a pet store when I was younger and I was in love with one they had there named Rosie. She would coo and make the cutest noises, and everybody wanted her.

Catmom, I love your umbrella!!! At the same pet store as above we had an umbrella cockatoo that I used to walk around the shop with perched on my shoulder. He was the sweetest bird and I cried when they sold him, I loved him so much!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Pieface how really cool to see flocks of wild cockatoos around where you live. That idea is totally remarkable to me. Those Rose Breasted Cockatoos, or Galahs as sometimes called, are infrequently seen here and when for sale are costly. To see them flying wild is something I would really enjoy.

I am a total bird lover and do volunteer work for bird charities too.

Flygirl, I love the photo of the cutie pie blue budgie. What a character he is!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon,

How old is your new baby? He is adorable!!! Do you know the sex yet? What did you name him???

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:53:59 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Here is our little parakeet. It''s hard to catch him not moving. Always on the go. He sings a lot, and minics what he hears. Once my husband came home and thought he heard the dog next door barking. But it was our little keet, minicing the bark. When we rattle foil, he makes a scratching sound. He loves to sing to music. He and Paul Potts make a terrific duet.
Ahhh, that is what our parakeet looked like; yours is so cute FlyGirl!!! What a cutie!!

Pieface, what a beautiful bird!

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Chucky thanks you all for your lovely compliments
1.gif

He reminds me to tell everyone how beautiful their birds are too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results