shape
carat
color
clarity

any other bird owners on PS?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
our amazon blue front name "sunshine"

DSCN2819-1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is sooooooooooooooo cute!!! Yep, I am another one. We have a Indian Ringneck, named Taco. He is a lovebug. Loves to sit on my shoulder, cuddle and he talks away.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of an Indian Ringneck. This is what my Taco looks like.

indian_ringneck.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now he is a molting mess. Feathers everywhere. Poor little guy.
7.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another picture of what they look like and the size of them.

Sized_Indian_Ringneck_Parakeet1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
The males have the ring around the neck and the coloring. The females are all green, no coloring. To me, the males are more friendly.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, what beautiful birds DF and Linda, sooo adorable!!! I had a little parakeet, but my cousins watched it while we went to Disneyland and I think they let it out of its cage and it flew away. I always asked for my bird and years later heard that is what may have happened.
38.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Skippy, that is awful. I am so sorry that happened to you. I have always had birds, even has a teeager. Birds and dogs, that was me. Mazie barks at Taco and Taco squawks back. They are a riot to watch.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 1:14:17 AM
Author: Linda W
Aw Skippy, that is awful. I am so sorry that happened to you. I have always had birds, even has a teeager. Birds and dogs, that was me. Mazie barks at Taco and Taco squawks back. They are a riot to watch.
I know, I wondered forever!!!! Ah, that is so sweet Linda!!! Best of friends
face23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WEll, They more or less tease each other Skippy ha ha ha ha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing the beautiful birds on this thread!
36.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
ooh! I can play here too

Here''s our nutso Pink and Grey galah called Chucky. He doesn''t get out much because he is a serial electric cable destroyer.

100_0425 paintnet.jpg

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
And here''s his offsider Beakie, a cockatiel or wero or whatever they are called. He is a serial sook!

100_0444 paintnet.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have two birds. Here's our eclectus parrot Beakers.....

Beakers1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s our umbrella cockatoo, Sunnytoo.....

SUNNYTOO.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 birds - all Indian Ringnecks. The one in my avatar was my best buddy but he just died of cancer.
39.gif

I recently got a new bird, a young one. Here is a photo.

new bird 2crop.JPG

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Catmom - I have often thought about getting an eclectus. How is yours to live with? Is he friendly? Talker? They are so pretty.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Awe, I love birds. My father had a huge aviary when I was growing up. We had everything from keets to Timneh greys to Amazons.
I only have a pair of zebra finches now. I love the little birdies though they are cute, low maintanence & easy on my ears.

Pieface I
emlove.gif
your Rose Breasted Cockatoo.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEACON: AW, your baby is adorable. How old is he: His little face is adorable, I just want to kiss it. What a precious little baby. I think of you often and little Tajj.
8.gif

Pieface: Your birds are beautiful. I had a tiel, I adored named Peewee. I raised him from an egg. He was my best buddy and loved to take naps in my neck. He adored me and I him. He died last year. I was heart broken.

Michelle: WOW, your birds are gorgeous. I LOVE cockatoos: I have a penpal in Austraila, who sends me pictures of the wild birds there. They are so gorgeous.

Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Beacon, I love your new baby!!! What a smoochy face! LOL, my eclectus is a psycho bird with the memory of an elephant. I really wouldn't say he is the friendliest of birds. If you anger him for any reason and you may not know when you have, then you're on his sh@t list for life! Any time he sees you after he will yell at you. I have to tell you though, he is the most amazing talker and mimic there is. He is an extremely amusing bird because of this. He has our voices down pat so much so that when he yells out our names we answer because we think it's the other person calling us. He does the funniest telephone conversation in my hubbie's voice.......ring[exact sound of our telephone].....ring.....ring....Hello?....umhumm.......uuhhuh......okay.....okay.....okaaaaay.....goodbye! One day he heard some geese flying over our house and now you would swear an entire flock lives in our house. He is a truly amazing bird.

Skippy I'm so sorry about your little bird!!

Pieface, I love your birds! We lost our beloved cockateil about a year ago. He was almost 20.

Linda and Beacon, I've always liked ringnecks! They look so nice. Are they friendly?

Dancing Fire, I love your amazon!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle,

That is hysterical about your bird. Taco imitates our phone voices too, especially when I am on the phone. He goes ummmhumm, yea, ok, bye. ha ha ha ha. When I have a cold and cough, he coughs too. My grandboys get the biggest laugh out of that. He also gives the raspberry too. He was squawking the other day at a blue jay out side and I asked why are bothering that poor bird and he gave me the raspberry. It was so funny.

I think the males are more loving and friendly, I am not sure. A friend of mine has a female and she isn''t as friendly as Taco.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon and Catmom, your birds are so beautiful! I love the colors! Catmom, love the hairdo on the white bird, so beautiful!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I gotta ask Linda - why Taco? That is the cutest name EVER.

I have always wanted a bird, particularly an African Grey for my dad. They are so chatty!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2008 12:44:55 AM
Author: Linda W
He is sooooooooooooooo cute!!! Yep, I am another one. We have a Indian Ringneck, named Taco. He is a lovebug. Loves to sit on my shoulder, cuddle and he talks away.
Linda
neat bird....i thought Indian Ringneck didn''t really talk that often.
34.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monkey,

I didn''t name him, my daughter did. I have no idea why she named him that LOL. Taco was born in 1993.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,

No, they talk a lot. When Taco is downstairs by himself, he goes through his whole vocabulary, it is really funny.

He tells me when he wants a bath too. When I am having my morning coffee that is the time he tells me, ha haha.

"I wanna take a bath", "I wanna take a bath", I wanna take a bath", ha ha ha ha. He won''t quit until I give him one.

I give him a shower. Put him in the sink with the spray nozzle on. He loves to have his neck rubbed, his wings rubbed and he proceeds to fall asleep. It is the cutest thing to see.

Linda

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Awesome stories! Birds can be soo funny!

Chucky talks a bit, mainly just hello, come on, scratch and kiss plus the odd raspberry. You take him out for a bath though and he has lots of ones that you just can''t quite make out and if you''re really lucky he imitates my wife''s rather distinctive laugh which has us in stitches!

We had a cockatiel before Beakie who talked heaps, imitated phone calls etc. Beakie is a failure in that regard the best he manages is the occasional almost whistle
7.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pieface,

Chucky is one beautiful bird. He is gorgeous.

Linda

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww I have an Eclectus too! And mine is a booger as well, I call him my teenager. He''s stubborn, cranky, and likes to knock on my head with his beak yelling "WACKWACKWACKWACK"
14.gif
14.gif
I yell at him, I get yelled back
4.gif
Certainly keeps things interesting around here
2.gif

Yubi_01.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bablyblue, That is tooooooooooooooooooooo funnnnnny!!! Gorgeous bird though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results