shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Love Affair Moissanite owners out there?

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I want to buy a probably 7.5mm OEC from a NA company, and I've been going round and round (and round) about which vendor to use. I've narrowed it down to August Vintage, Julia B, and LAD, and I think I like LAD's OEC the best. However, don't think I've seen or heard from anyone who has one of these stones. If you have one, I'd love to know what it's like in person!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t have one, but all her Moissanites are from Harro if that helps.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think her OECs are cut more like transitionals. Beautiful but a bit different.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I follow her Instagram. You might want to get them now because I heard she is going to discontinue carrying moissanites. I forgot when, but I think it’s end of July...?

I do agree that her OECs look transitional to me. They look a lot like Tianyu’s OECs.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I follow her Instagram. You might want to get them now because I heard she is going to discontinue carrying moissanites. I forgot when, but I think it’s end of July...?

I do agree that her OECs look transitional to me. They look a lot like Tianyu’s OECs.
I follow her also. I think she’s going to take orders for stones through August, so you’re right, I’d have to act quick! I have noticed that not all her stones look exactly alike. Some definitely do have thinner petals—that’s something I’d have to ask about. I like my Tianyu OEC, but it doesn’t perform as well in sunlight. I’d really like a stone where the facets are always reasonably clear. I’ve considered saving for a diamond instead, but I’m not convinced I would spend the money even when I had it...

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
FWIW, I had a Julia B. It was also more transitional too.
So would you definitely recommend AV above other vendors you've tried? It does seem that everyone loves their cuts the most, but they don't have the size/color I want in stock, and I'm super nervous to order a custom cut at that price point without seeing it in person first or having the option to return it.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@bbk0885 I'm just going to give you this advice without further explanation. Please Do NOT buy a moissanite you cannot return. I won't do it again. I think even from the same vendor the stone quality will vary. If you are looking for active petals & no head obstruction issues, best to be able to judge the stone in person yourself with an option to return it.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie sent me a harro. It was a large antique cushion cut. Looked very plastic-y. Not a fan.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
@bbk0885 I'm just going to give you this advice without further explanation. Please Do NOT buy a moissanite you cannot return. I won't do it again. I think even from the same vendor the stone quality will vary. If you are looking for active petals & no head obstruction issues, best to be able to judge the stone in person yourself with an option to return it.
Thank you, I appreciate the honest advice. Sounds like I might be better served to wait until Jon gets the stone I want in stock.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
So would you definitely recommend AV above other vendors you've tried? It does seem that everyone loves their cuts the most, but they don't have the size/color I want in stock, and I'm super nervous to order a custom cut at that price point without seeing it in person first or having the option to return it.
Just curious, didn’t you used to have the MoCo OEC? I thought theirs look similar to AVRs. I personally like the fat petal look, but some people like the transitional look better, which I think Harro/JuliaB/Tianyu seem look more like.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I have had two MoCo oecs. They are cut to the same pattern as the original C&C oecs.The first one was perfect - creamy white, active pastel chunky petals in all lighting, and I regret selling it. I got a smaller one for a target ring, still love the cut but the stone is warmer than the "H" they claim. I kept that one cuz I don't mind warmer stones.
But, they are returnable...

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I want to buy a probably 7.5mm OEC from a NA company, and I've been going round and round (and round) about which vendor to use. I've narrowed it down to August Vintage, Julia B, and LAD, and I think I like LAD's OEC the best. However, don't think I've seen or heard from anyone who has one of these stones. If you have one, I'd love to know what it's like in person!
I had the pic that Luckyrabbit sent me when she bought one of the LAD wonky stones. She ended up returning it but this is a picture comparing it to the Tianyu OEC. The cut is actually very different and said to mimic a more natural, hand cut OEC diamond shape. I always liked it but it is a different kind fo look.

8E8FF8D9-9D19-432F-B535-2F2F442263AE.jpeg

Attachments

• 9F955960-88FE-48EF-9ACB-F2903FC1ABA8.jpeg
    9F955960-88FE-48EF-9ACB-F2903FC1ABA8.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 55
  • FE2D832F-6CED-4902-AE72-832A138E1A04.jpeg
    FE2D832F-6CED-4902-AE72-832A138E1A04.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 48

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Just curious, didn’t you used to have the MoCo OEC? I thought theirs look similar to AVRs. I personally like the fat petal look, but some people like the transitional look better, which I think Harro/JuliaB/Tianyu seem look more like.
You are correct—I did have a MoCo OEC, and I didn’t love the cut on the particular stone I had. The center was dark face up, you really had to tilt it to see the petals. Could have just been that stone, though. If the AV stone looked like the one I had from MoCo, that wouldn’t be my cup of tea. Only because it was pretty obstructed when viewed head on. I think the size of the petals would have been fine if only I’d been able to see them better. I definitely could have asked MoCo for a different stone, but TBH I didn’t even think of that at the time.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I had the pic that Luckyrabbit sent me when she bought one of the LAD wonky stones. She ended up returning it but this is a picture comparing it to the Tianyu OEC. The cut is actually very different and said to mimic a more natural, hand cut OEC diamond shape. I always liked it but it is a different kind fo look.

8E8FF8D9-9D19-432F-B535-2F2F442263AE.jpeg
I knew someone had one of these! I actually love the True Antique cuts, too. The ones she has in stock right now are bigger/pricier than what I want, but I would be interested if Erica does True Antique style custom cuts.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I knew someone had one of these! I actually love the True Antique cuts, too. The ones she has in stock right now are bigger/pricier than what I want, but I would be interested if Erica does True Antique style custom cuts.

I’m sure she would, and if not you can go through Harro, although their prices seem to be higher. I absolutely adore this cut!

Check these posts out (and notice the dates)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpSeIL9FgTD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqibQmjF0Gv/?hl=en

And then LADs pricing

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/o...ntique-style-old-mine-cushion-cut-moissanite/

Vs the $1290 directly from Harro (from the comments on their IG post) This was several months ago, so things may have changed since then price-wise.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I’m sure she would, and if not you can go through Harro, although their prices seem to be higher. I absolutely adore this cut!

Check these posts out (and notice the dates)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpSeIL9FgTD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqibQmjF0Gv/?hl=en

And then LADs pricing

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/o...ntique-style-old-mine-cushion-cut-moissanite/

Vs the $1290 directly from Harro (from the comments on their IG post) This was several months ago, so things may have changed since then price-wise.
I’m going to look into it! Hopefully LAD can do it in a smaller size because man, the pricing of the Harro is a little steep for me.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’m going to look into it! Hopefully LAD can do it in a smaller size because man, the pricing of the Harro is a little steep for me.

It’s steep for anyone, especially since we’re all spoiled by these Chinese prices.

I suspect (and I’m sure others do also) that either Tianyu or Stars Gem cuts for Harro. You might look into that as an option if you feel comfortable.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
It’s steep for anyone, especially since we’re all spoiled by these Chinese prices.

I suspect (and I’m sure others do also) that either Tianyu or Stars Gem cuts for Harro. You might look into that as an option if you feel comfortable.
That’s really interesting! I wonder what the difference is between their own stones and those they cut for NA vendors. I have a Tianyu OEC, which I like...but if I were going to spend so much more, I’d want to know it was going to be different/better.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, I appreciate the honest advice. Sounds like I might be better served to wait until Jon gets the stone I want in stock.
That’s what I would suggest also..

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That’s really interesting! I wonder what the difference is between their own stones and those they cut for NA vendors. I have a Tianyu OEC, which I like...but if I were going to spend so much more, I’d want to know it was going to be different/better.
You could always order the Harro or stock moissanite from LAD to look at it and compare it to your Tianyu OEC. I know they have a 7 day return window. Some of the other Harro companies have 30 days. It might be worth making sure before you commit if there is not enough difference between your Tianyu stone and the other’s.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
You could always order the Harro or stock moissanite from LAD to look at it and compare it to your Tianyu OEC. I know they have a 7 day return window. Some of the other Harro companies have 30 days. It might be worth making sure before you commit if there is not enough difference between your Tianyu stone and the other’s.
That’s a great idea! Any chance to compare vendors is helpful.

veridot

Rough_Rock
Will the LAD OEC have less head obstruction than others? I've been obsessing over active centre petals lately ... even AVR moissys seem to have dark centres!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Will the LAD OEC have less head obstruction than others? I've been obsessing over active centre petals lately ... even AVR moissys seem to have dark centres!
I’m not sure, but this has been my exact conundrum! Erica has a video with a LAD moissanite and an AVOEC side-by-side, so you can at least see how those two compare: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5YF3tlTz2/?igshid=ax6mzwm8nzq5
The AV is on the right and the LAD is on the left. The LAD is more transitional perhaps, but I do kind of feel that the petals are easier to make out.

veridot

Rough_Rock
I see what you mean - the LAD looks a little more vibrant! I prefer it to the AV in this video. But man, I wish there were more videos in different lighting conditions haha.

Also side note... that Dahlia is my absolute favourite :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience with the Harro OEC was that there was obstruction which made the center look dark, it drove me crazy. When I found my OEC diamond which happened to be nearly the same carat weight as the Harro (1.23 vs 1.25) I stopped wearing the Harro altogether and just recently sold it.

My diamond never gets that dark obstruction thankfully.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results