shape
carat
color
clarity

Any knitters out there?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You ladies are so talented!! My sister is a big knitter but has stopped recently. She has been making our brother a sweater for 4 yrs. They're fight right now ( the sweater and sis). I watch her knit but never tried. I dunno I'm so in awe but I think my hands sweat too much for something to come out nicely...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Ravelry is the best! :)

I'm 1/4 finished my first blanket attempt. Hoping to be finished and post a pic here by the end of next week! :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Octavia - that is a gorgeous baby sweater - is that a Ravelry pattern too?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
PumpkinPie|1297492373|2849837 said:

Thanks! I did find it on Ravelry, I think it's called Summer Chills Cardigan -- it actually is a freebie available on the author's blog, but it's easiest to search Ravelry for it. The bloomers are my own adaptation from a Vintage Baby Knits pattern, though.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Octavia|1297558736|2850389 said:
PumpkinPie|1297492373|2849837 said:

Thanks! I did find it on Ravelry, I think it's called Summer Chills Cardigan -- it actually is a freebie available on the author's blog, but it's easiest to search Ravelry for it. The bloomers are my own adaptation from a Vintage Baby Knits pattern, though.

I love that sweater! I favorited it to knit for my niece and never got around to it. I love the color you did yours in- so very pretty!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Here's some fingerless gloves I made last week. Simple, simple. Just a daisy stitch with super bulky knit with #15's. CO 24, knit to desired length and then seam up the sides, leaving a hole for your thumb. You can bust these puppies out in an hour.

I made a narrow herringbone pattern scarf a couple weeks ago too. Pretty quick knit (1.5 hr maybe?). I knit it with #19's.

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock
April20|1297808717|2852667 said:
Here's some fingerless gloves I made last week. Simple, simple. Just a daisy stitch with super bulky knit with #15's. CO 24, knit to desired length and then seam up the sides, leaving a hole for your thumb. You can bust these puppies out in an hour.

I made a narrow herringbone pattern scarf a couple weeks ago too. Pretty quick knit (1.5 hr maybe?). I knit it with #19's.
So cute! I made the dumb decision to start a trinity stitch scarf on 6's that I feel I will NEVER finish. I may switch to a new project just to feel some accomplishment bc this thing is kicking my butt.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1297811902|2852708 said:

So cute! I made the dumb decision to start a trinity stitch scarf on 6's that I feel I will NEVER finish. I may switch to a new project just to feel some accomplishment bc this thing is kicking my butt.

Too funny, 6s are my favorites! 8s are about the biggest I ever use, 19s would be like knitting with a table leg or something :cheeky: . It would be nice to have near-instant gratification sometimes, though.

April20

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1297811902|2852708 said:

I have the "Marigold" sweater from the Summer Interweave Knits magazine sitting in three pieces in my closet. It's a lace wrap stitch done on 6's. Took me a month and now I can't seem to find the drive to seam it and knit the button band! It's been sitting since AUGUST. August!

I'm really about instant gratification these days. That and given I'm really focused on making this a side venture, I just can't put acres of time into anything right now. Anything I can knit in under 2 hrs wins!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I just finished my first attempt at a baby blanket. It's imperfect but still lovely - about 32x28 inches in size.

Garter Rib Blanket 2.JPG

Garter Rib Blanket 3.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
PP, that blanket is beautiful! I've never even attempted a blanket because I know myself well enough to know I'd get bored and quit in the middle of it. Good job on that!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it was definitely a long haul - it took me just over a week but I was a madwoman about it ! :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
more pics - I made a green set of mittens, booties, and hat!

now on to something more difficult! wish me luck :)

100_4429.JPG

100_4434.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
So cute! Love the booties.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
another success! I'm on such a knitting binge :appl:
I made this cute little guy in about 6 hours over the weekend :love:

(sorry my pictures are always hideous - I have an 8 yaer old digital camera that's absolute crap)

100_4440.JPG

100_4438.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
So cute! I've been thinking about trying my hand a little creatures just for something different.

I made this asymetrical cowl for a woman on Monday. She ordered it in a different color and then didn't like it once she got it. I told her to ship the original one back and haven't received it yet. Don't you know I relisted it and it sold immediately! Go figure. Now I have to remake it for a third time and it's such a darn snooze to knit. It looks good finished though!

IMG_0651.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that's lovely April! what kind of yarn is that? it looks so thick and cozy|

I am nearly 1/4 done my next baby blanket :)

April20

Ideal_Rock
It's Loops & Threads Charisma. It's an acrylic but it so soft and buttery feeling. They have nice colors too.

Loops & Threads is also rolling out a competitor yarn to LB Thick and Quick. It's a 50/50 wool acrylic blend as opposed to LB's 80/20. The colors are so so fabulous! SO SO much better than LB. Just softer and more modern looking. Only one Michael's near me has it; apparently it's still in a test market phase. Or at least that's what the guy told me. I'm waiting for it to go on sale and then I'm going to bring home a killing!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I haven't heard of that yarn April. We have MIchael's here too (Alberta) but I don't know that it carries that brand. I will have to look :)

Here is my newest creation - a half-joking birthday present for my mom :) I also have some sparkly yarn to make her a 'formal' wine glass holder :naughty: I think they're hilarious!

100_4453.JPG

100_4455.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I also made another stuffed toy yesterday. I found the greatest patterns on Ravelry for these little animals :appl:

They're cute and simple :)

100_4461.JPG

100_4460.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, lamby has a friend now! (the first one is a lamb, isn't it?)

I'm on a crochet kick. I really hate knitting circles- takes too long and I usually end up with laddering stitches. I got a deal on some super soft organic cotton and I've been making face scrubbies. I also got a pattern for nesting bowls- that's next on my horizon.

Here's some pics of my scrubbies.

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous little scrubbies April :) And your photos! so much better than mine. they're like art themselves :appl:

my next little creature will be a squirrel and I'm still working away at my baby blanket .. 40% done now

April20

Ideal_Rock
My photos.... I scammed, I mean convinced!, my job to buy me a SLR camera. Oh.my.goodness. Makes ALL the difference in the world! It's IDIOT proof! Love it! That AV setting is the bestest!

So I'm working on slippers now. I made a pair of Mary Jane style earlier this week that are a pinky purple color with chocolate brown trim and now I'm working on the reverse. I'll post them both when they're done. I haven't had a ton of time this week to work on them- I've got a large renovation project finishing up and it's sucking all my time away. Boooooo.

On a bright note, I sold another hat this week!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I made some nesting bowls yesterday afternoon. They're crochet as well. Just so much faster for me than trying to knit them.

bowl1.jpg

bowl2.jpg

bowl3.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your sale April.. and lovely bowls.. I really do need to learn how to crochet!

I"ve done some more knitting (the first set of twins that I"m knitting for were born a few days ago so I'm trying to finish up their stuff) and took more pics.. enjoy!

This is the completed set for the first twin..

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Pp, that set looks so sweet! I am sure they will love it! Is the second set the same or different?

I made my first pairs of baby booties last month. I crocheted them so I didn't have to do any seaming. I found a seller on etsy with the sweetest designs. Bought four different patterns. I've made two of them. Really easy too. I'll post photos when I get back from vacay in a couple weeks. I don't have them on this computer.

I've also decided to make a lacy shrug in a summer weight yarn and see how that sells. I saw one I liked and am pretty sure what the bodice stitch is. Haven't tested it yet but I sketched it out in chart form and it makes sense in my head. Famous last words! I just have to figure out a trim. I want an open fan design. Just have to nose around a bit. It's crochet as well. I prefer crochet for lace too. Seems like less effort to get a result.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
wow April & PumkinPie - you inspire me! I need to finish the blanket I was busy with for my daughter. nothing fancy nor with a pattern, just knitting blocks to sew together. let me get it out today and see how it goes. it's hard getting stuff done when you've got a baby!

April - I love my hat/beanies. I wear them without a wig as they are so comfortable. and when the postman comes up to deliver something I can put one on in a second so he doesn't have to stare at my bald head.

April20

Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1302174701|2889986 said:
wow April & PumkinPie - you inspire me! I need to finish the blanket I was busy with for my daughter. nothing fancy nor with a pattern, just knitting blocks to sew together. let me get it out today and see how it goes. it's hard getting stuff done when you've got a baby!

April - I love my hat/beanies. I wear them without a wig as they are so comfortable. and when the postman comes up to deliver something I can put one on in a second so he doesn't have to stare at my bald head.

I'm so glad you like them. That cotton is some of the softest I've ever worked with. I'm going to order more!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hi yarn buddies! Has anyone else been busy lately? I've been knitting up a storm, unfortunately I don't have photos of everything. But here are some of my recent creations:

DSC_4282.jpg
Shrug for my friend's toddler

DSC_4286.jpg
Detail of the lace pattern on the back

DSC_4179.jpg
Heffalumps!

DSC_4181.jpg
But no woozles...

DSC_4173.jpg
Onesie :))

The photos aren't great, but for some reason I always have trouble photographing the things I've made.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, the little elephants! Care to share the pattern?

I finished a blanket for FI a few months ago and I also made a little sweater for a friend's baby. Life has been SO busy lately I haven't had time or reason to start something new :(

SAM_1203.JPG

SAM_1146.JPG

SAM_1145.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results