shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ideas what to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
About 2 years ago I lost my ering/wband set and, after looking high and low for it, had my current rings made (which I love). Well, a couple of weeks ago I found my old set (of all places, under my bed!) and am trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I was hoping that some of the wonderful PS members could help me with ideas! I am thinking that I would like to take out the center stone and have a RHR made with it , and maybe the largest side stones set as earrings. I have also considered a pendant of some sort...If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it!

Now for the details:
.78 ct. princess (not a great cut, well before finding PS!)
.20 modified princess on either side of center
6 total .05 princess stones channel set down shank
Platinum

Thanks in advance for your replies!

100_0998.jpg

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Here is another view:

100_0999.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd probably make a pendant and matching earrings and possibly halo them both... (but I'm not a RHR gal)...

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
I am leaning toward a halo of some sort.....I like the idea of a pendant, but i rarely wear necklaces, so I don''t know....
Tough decision, I know...but I think I can do it
31.gif
!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, what luck finding it, that''s great!!!!

I think I would do earrings and a pendant set.

What''s your new wedding set like, princess also?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering what your new set looked like too! What an inspiring story. Gives hope to all who have lost an important piece of jewelry. I like the idea of studs and since you don''t wear necklaces I would make a RHR. Maybe put in some gemstone sidestones. Not sure what you can do about the little PRs. Maybe make a band or use them to make lever back style earrings.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful and you should wear it on your right hand

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Did you claim this on your insurance???

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Maybe put a gemstone in the setting for a RHR, and make a pendent out of the diamond. That mounting would be yummy with a blue or pink sapphire!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Skippy123: The first setting you suggested is kindof what I am leaning towards--do you think it would look ok with at split shank?

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
For those who asked about my new rings here''s the Link.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Ok---change of plans. After Bluehue''s comment I did a search on insurance claims and lost rings that were later found, as we had made a claim on our insurance when I lost my ring. I honestly hadn''t even thought about the claim, as I was just so excited to find the ring I was proposed to and married with. But....I don''t want to make a dishonest decision in keeping the ring, so I am going to call the insurance company tomorrow to find out what they want me to do. Has anybody had any experience with this?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
not sure, but I am sure it happens sometimes. lost things often get found, but they may want to be reimbursed for the claim since you found it. if your company has a web site this question might be answered there, I am sure it has happened before...but your honesty will be rewarded I hope!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
earrings and a pendant?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the scint well under the stone :) BTW, what happens if you find a ring you claimed on insurance years later.... do you have to turn the ring in? Sorry - I''m not saying this applies to your situation, just thought of this and wondered if anyone knew LOL

What does your current setting look like? Could any of this add to that? Like a band of princess stones or... ? a pendant and earrings sound good... or a 3 stone rhr without the melee... depends on what your other set looks like, I wouldn''t do two 3 stone rings...

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 10:51:03 PM
Author: Skippy123
I think it is beautiful and you should wear it on your right hand
I think so too!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I wasn''t trying to be a fun-hater. Your story just raised the question for me and I did not know the answer as to claimed then found jewelry. Please take my question as brief not curt. AND I hope they let you keep both for no $$$$.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
LOVE your new ring. Beautiful.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read a post on here recently about someone who lost her rings and - after claiming off her insurance - found them again. I couldn''t find the thread but from what I remember her insurance company were really surprised she even told them she had found her original rings again. They gave her the choice - to either keep the original rings and send them the new ones - or keep the new ones and return the old ones - or keep both and pay back the claim. ( I think thats what happened, lol)

I think the right thing to do would be to inform the insurer that you found it again.

Just my opinion though
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 2:32:54 AM
Author: kelley1975
Ok---change of plans. After Bluehue''s comment I did a search on insurance claims and lost rings that were later found, as we had made a claim on our insurance when I lost my ring. I honestly hadn''t even thought about the claim, as I was just so excited to find the ring I was proposed to and married with. But....I don''t want to make a dishonest decision in keeping the ring, so I am going to call the insurance company tomorrow to find out what they want me to do. Has anybody had any experience with this?
oh my - I didn''t read the whole thread last night in the middle of the night when I was posting!! Sorry! I didn''t mean to add to this! It would be so unfortunate if they didn''t let you keep your original
7.gif

graceelou

Rough_Rock
Sorry if this is posted twice first time didn''t show up.

I just told my insurance company last week that I found my original e-ring that I lost a year and 1/2 ago. My options are to send them back the money or my original e-ring. As I used the money for a new ring my original is going back to them. I didn''t ask if they would take my new ring back because I prefer it to my old ring and it cost more. To keep the ring I found and not tell them, in my opinion, would be insurance fraud.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
So I called my insurance company--and as other posters have said, I have the option of sending them the original ring or reimbursing them for the claim. They were really nice (and were also suprised I even called them), but I am really bummed out. The only option in my eyes is to repay them, as I am not about to give up my ring for sentimental reasons. I was so excited that I found my ring, because I thought it was long gone, but I wish I had found it at a better time financially!
Thanks for all your replies!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that was very honest of you.
36.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:34:40 PM
So I called my insurance company--and as other posters have said, I have the option of sending them the original ring or reimbursing them for the claim. They were really nice (and were also suprised I even called them), but I am really bummed out. The only option in my eyes is to repay them, as I am not about to give up my ring for sentimental reasons. I was so excited that I found my ring, because I thought it was long gone, but I wish I had found it at a better time financially!
Oh Kelley1975, I am sorry. I shoud have shut my big trap!!!!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Bluehue--I don''t want you to think I am upset that you brought up the insurance--I am glad, actually, because I hadn''t really thought about it. I would never want to do something dishonest--my conscience would eat me up!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Kelley,
Glad you found your original ring, sorry you have to repay the insurer!

Something similar happened to me a few years back, with a pearl ring that had belonged to my grandmother. I couldn''t bear to part with the new or the old, so I had to repay the insurance company for the claim. They were cool about it and agreed to let me pay over time, along with my monthly premium, rather than as a lump sum. I live in the UK, so it''s going to be a different company (and different law), but it might not hurt to ask!
Good luck!
Jen

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:34:40 PM
Tell them that you really want to keep your original ring and is there any way you can make interest free payments toward it... they should give you at least that much break since you were honest!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelley, just wanted to add my kudos for your honesty. Integrity is what you do when no one is watching. Your integrity outshines even the best diamond.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being honest is always best, even though it''s a bummer sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results