shape
carat
color
clarity

Any game of thrones fans here?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d have to rewatch the opening credits. The hole in the wall I caught! I did learn a few seasons ago that whatever locations are featured in the opening credits are the locations in that episode.

On another note I read about 250-300 pages into the first book & had to put it down. I could not stand his writing style! It felt like it was high school level & so repetitive in his descriptions! I felt the show featured better writing & the over all production value was better to me so the book collects dust now..

It was the Red Wedding that caught my eye, and my son spotted the red comet in this week’s opening credits.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I find it odd that people were so put off by it. First off, in the books, Arya and Gendry are close in age. Secondly, Maisie Williams is an adult. I thought it was well-done.

Now I can see how the actor Joe Dempsey might have been weireded our because Maisie was like 11 when filming started, but I did read about his point of view and he said he had to realize she is a woman now and so they had fun with it. Plus, it’s make believe lol.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The books bored the hell out of me, but I love the show!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GRRM is very very very descriptive. Lol
Yes the stories work so much better visually. Unless you want to sit there reading going “OKAY WE GET IT!” :lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it odd that people were so put off by it. First off, in the books, Arya and Gendry are close in age. Secondly, Maisie Williams is an adult. I thought it was well-done.

Now I can see how the actor Joe Dempsey might have been weireded our because Maisie was like 11 when filming started, but I did read about his point of view and he said he had to realize she is a woman now and so they had fun with it. Plus, it’s make believe lol.
I didn't feel that uncomfortable with it, but I know many who did. They said it felt like they were watching their little sister being intimate, because as you say, she started so young and that's how a lot of people remember her.

It's SO interesting to me that people are uncomfortable with this sex scene, but her slicing peoples throats was "meh".

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't feel that uncomfortable with it, but I know many who did. They said it felt like they were watching their little sister being intimate, because as you say, she started so young and that's how a lot of people remember her.

It's SO interesting to me that people are uncomfortable with this sex scene, but her slicing peoples throats was "meh".

That’s the US for you— sex is bad but gratitutious violence is A ok.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What bothered me about the scene was the way that it was written. I would have much rather seen a more natural initiation/build-up, if that makes sense. They could have been close together demonstrating a weapon or something and let the chemistry spark instead of an award conversation and take off your pants LOL.

My husband disagrees and felt the way it was shot fit her character.

It is hard to remember that she is a woman now, they still have her character looking so young

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it fit her and the situation though. They are about to die, at least some of them will. Who will it be? I think Theon might, maybe Ser Davos, ahem - Ser Brienne? Jaime, Jorah, Tormund? I can't wait until Sunday!

She looks young IRL too, which she'll appreciate in a few years. LOL

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Arya and Gendry was rushed. I didn't like it, personally, only for that reason (because it's clear in both the books and the show that Arya always loved Gendry - if maybe not always in a sexual way). I wanted them to get together. I also hoped it would be more than just her jumping him and him seeming reluctant.

I'm also a little annoyed how the show writers have simplified what could have been a few more years of interesting, complex political plots (they way the books have always been, and the shows were before they ran out of source material) before morphing into the big hollywood movie style good vs evil showdown that GRR Martin has never really been all about (because if we have learned anything, no-one is all good or all evil, that everyone has motives, and that there are more secrets than we know going on that have contributed to events as they unfold). Plus, Tyrion seems to be off his game of late, Dany is turning into a mad queen, and John is more mopey than usual...

That said I loved the Tormen scene (the whole horn drinking, tall tale telling, trying to compete with Jaime for Brienne's attention was both disturbing and hilarious). I read somewhere that this thing between the two of them was not actually supposed to be part of the script (or was only supposed to be a quick appreciative glance in one episode), but the actor hammed it up so much that the writers loved it and wrote more of it in. I also loved the look on Brienne's face when Jaime knighted her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Last two shows were, frankly, boring. Only fighting left? :confused2:

cheers--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciated the slow pace of the second episode because we got to see everyone together, some haven't been for a very long time. It was a chance to review all the relationships before some of them die.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Last two shows were, frankly, boring. Only fighting left? :confused2:

cheers--Sharon
My husband felt the same way but I absolutely loved episode 2. He watched it before me and told me it sucked. I actually watched it twice now. I want to remember everyone before they die. :cry2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG you guys.

58378420_10157616876466535_9004623223551164416_n.jpg

So freaking funny.

I loved the first two episodes... I feel like they were a gift to the book readers (although I agree that I hate the rushed feeling of the story as a whole).

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought Arya and Gendry was rushed. I didn't like it, personally, only for that reason (because it's clear in both the books and the show that Arya always loved Gendry - if maybe not always in a sexual way). I wanted them to get together. I also hoped it would be more than just her jumping him and him seeming reluctant.

I'm also a little annoyed how the show writers have simplified what could have been a few more years of interesting, complex political plots (they way the books have always been, and the shows were before they ran out of source material) before morphing into the big hollywood movie style good vs evil showdown that GRR Martin has never really been all about (because if we have learned anything, no-one is all good or all evil, that everyone has motives, and that there are more secrets than we know going on that have contributed to events as they unfold). Plus, Tyrion seems to be off his game of late, Dany is turning into a mad queen, and John is more mopey than usual...

That said I loved the Tormen scene (the whole horn drinking, tall tale telling, trying to compete with Jaime for Brienne's attention was both disturbing and hilarious). I read somewhere that this thing between the two of them was not actually supposed to be part of the script (or was only supposed to be a quick appreciative glance in one episode), but the actor hammed it up so much that the writers loved it and wrote more of it in. I also loved the look on Brienne's face when Jaime knighted her.
I agree, I would have liked to see many of these stories more fully developed and explored. Everything feels rushed even though the first two episodes were very slow. It just feels like there are just too many stories to wrap up in such a short time, not sure why they chose to do the last season several episodes short. IMHO, they could have easily had one more season.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you prepared for the epic battle? :eek-2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who do you think is going to die tonight?

On the other hand, maybe no one dies?

My guesses: Podrick, Theon, Edd, maybe Sansa, maybe Breanne. Gilly, and possibly little Sam.

No to: Jon, Arya, Hound, Beric

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Theon, maybe Brienne, Tormund, Edd, maybe Podrick, Davos?

IMO I really think Sansa might end up being on the throne with Arya as her Hand. I don't know why, just a feeling. DH thinks so too. I could be all wet. But maybe I want it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, don't watch this teaser then. I saw it last week and was all.....:shock::(sad:cry2::(

Whoever exits tonight, it's going to hurt, that's for certain.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spoiler

I knew it would be Arya. I had a bet riding on it. But I really want to know if Ghost survived the battle.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many people on Twitter were thanking Gendry for making it possible lol

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are they ever going to explain the connection between Bran and the Night King? Where did he go for nearly the entire battle?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
@Octo2005 I know right? So he flew around in raven form for 45 minutes so he wouldn’t be staring awkwardly at Theon? I sort of hope there is more to it.

I don’t know what to think about this one. I sort of agree with the people saying it was “Too Hollywood”. So miraculously most of the main people survived the battle. Looks like nobody else did. A lot of stuff happening in the dark and then one big moment.

I wanted Sansa to use her knife. Maybe that part was cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results