shape
carat
color
clarity

Any game of thrones fans here?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree, but I think that she was probably always meant to go there. It just wasn't believable the way that they led up to it and jumped head first. It should have been more subtle build up over the coarse of many seasons of moments that give you pause as to her true nature.

I also agree I would have loved to see Jason Momoa again, but after last week I think we are to assume she did not find piece and happiness in the afterlife.
I totally agree wiht all of this. I wish the writers had taken more time to more fully develop the storylines this season... I would have loved 8 or 10 regular-length episodes rather than 6 episodes with a few marathon ones thrown in. And two of the episodes were basically just mass destruction with little dialogue and meager plot development. I could probably have handled last week's brutality more if they had taken time to build up to it, but I think what bothered me most was that Dany's violent streak was so abrupt and out of the blue. Tyrion did a great job of unpacking her patterns of behavior to Jon last night but we hadn't really had the opportunity to see that evolve fully in recent episodes.

Last edited:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it matched all of season 8, and that’s not high praise from me. Is there even still a Nights Watch now that 1) the wall is gone, 2) so are the white walkers, and 3) they're at peace with the Wildlings? It made no sense! And why did Drogon melt the throne? It made no sense. And BRAN?!? WTF? Not to mention why does Tyrion (the prisoner) somehow gets to decide to ignore who is the rightful heir to the throne and pick for everyone else? And prophesy? Legends? Mysteries? Powerful secrets foreshadowed through the entire season? Nope. Not one bit of it mattered. The only piece that made sense was Jon killing Daenerys. But even that was rushed and unearned. I hated it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have decided to go into denial and say to myself that this really isn't the ending to the story that I loved when I read the books all those years ago. While some elements may be the same, I suspect many won't.

I wish that I hadn't watched the series. TBH, I only did after the show passed the point where the books ended because I was afraid that the show would spoil the ending of the books and I knew I would not be able to avoid encountering spoilers on the internet. Now I'm not even sure I'm invested in reading the books when (or if) they eventually come out. GRRM didn't do himself any favours at all by getting distracted by the show and all of the prequels and side book projects and novellas that he has produced while failing to finish the last two main books. If a lot of people are like me, I suspect book sales will be down quite a bit once they actually come out.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about a bait and switch......

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“When the sun rises in the West, and sets in the East...”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results