shape
carat
color
clarity

Any favorite Bay Area jewelers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve decided to get a pair of diamond martini studs as a b-day gift to myself (well, it''ll be a few weeks after my b-day before I have all the money saved). I''d prefer to make this particular purchase locally, even though I''ve seen the gorgeous sets PSers have gotten online. I was wondering if those of you in the Bay Area (I''m in Marin County) have a favorite jeweler when it comes to both price and quality. Derco and Joe Escobar seemed pretty competative price-wise, but I haven''t actually seen the settings in person. Thoughts, recommendations? Thanks!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
My sister''s e-ring setting is from Derco and it is beautiful. I have not personally gone into the store in S.F. where she purchased her ring, but my sister-who is very picky by all standards-was impressed with their pieces. I also know of someone who had a wonderful experience with Joe Escobar located in San Jose. Her ring is beautiful too! I think you''re right about pricing: although they are definitely not cheap, they are still competitive considering the quality.

Personally, I love Bailey Banks and Biddle-where I purchased my ring-and also Davidson and Licht at the Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara. Santana Row across from Valley Fair also has a Derco store if you want to hit all those stores in one day. Joe Escobar isn''t all that far off from there either... maybe a couple miles? Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have read good things about Joe Escobar on here. You can do a search for threads about him. Good luck!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I second Kohdy on all those stores. Davidson & Licht are really friendly and not high pressure. They always welcome me and give me bottles of water even though I hadn''t bought anything. (Although did get my dh''s rolex there eventually so I guess their water paid off!) CH Premier is also in the Valley Fair mall although I found them more high pressure, not as friendly but with a great range of jewels! HTH!

a

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses! I forgot about Davidson & Licht. I''ve been in their Walnut Creek location and they were very helpful, even though they knew I wasn''t looking for myself (a friend who likes my taste in jewelery asked me to keep an eye out for pretty rings - she''s hoping for one by summers end). I''m in Marin County, which is actually just north of the Golden Gate Bridge as you''re leaving the city. So, while Santa Clara/San Jose is a little far, it might be fun to make a day of it with the girls one weekend and hit up a bunch of stores...

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I just want to add that Valley Fair Mall also has a CH Premier store that Angeline mentioned in case you decide to take a day trip to the South Bay. I strongly encourage you to do it, though. You''ll have a great time especially if you bring a couple of your close friends. Valley Fair Mall is wonderful and so is Santana Row-if you haven''t visited yet. You will also find a bunch of nice restaurants at Santana Row. Have a great time and please share photos of your new purchase! Oh yeah... Happy birthday!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t used them personally, but I do believe Topper Jewelers in Burlingame has gotten very good reviews here.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey - we got the diamond in my engagement ring, which is gorgeous, and at the time held its own against PS vendor diamonds for price, at Zwillinger and Co in San Francisco. You should consider checking them out - its a smaller shop, but they can get in just about any diamond or ring you are interested in. If you go ask for Barbara - she has a TON of jewelry education, and will really help you get a beautiful stone within your budget. GL!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results