shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experience with Do Amore?

Joklucus

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm new here but just like many I'm shopping for the first time for a MMD engagement ring! It's both exciting and also nerve racking especially after reading through pricescope and gathering so much information on what is good/bad.

I've been looking at Brilliant Earth and Clean Origin mainly, but I recently stumbled upon Do Amore https://www.doamore.com/ via RareCarat. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen/used/heard of anything about them, and if it would be a viable option to purchase a ring from. They have a great sounding mission (providing water to those in need) but there seems to be very little reviews (~50ish) on the internet yet they've been around for 5+ years. I've found 'good' looking stones on all 3, as well as settings I like, so really I was wondering if it would anyone had an experience with them to improve my trust!

Thank you!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I'm new here but just like many I'm shopping for the first time for a MMD engagement ring! It's both exciting and also nerve racking especially after reading through pricescope and gathering so much information on what is good/bad.

I've been looking at Brilliant Earth and Clean Origin mainly, but I recently stumbled upon Do Amore https://www.doamore.com/ via RareCarat. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen/used/heard of anything about them, and if it would be a viable option to purchase a ring from. They have a great sounding mission (providing water to those in need) but there seems to be very little reviews (~50ish) on the internet yet they've been around for 5+ years. I've found 'good' looking stones on all 3, as well as settings I like, so really I was wondering if it would anyone had an experience with them to improve my trust!

Thank you!!

I don't think they are well known (or at all known!) on here - please do report back if you have any interaction with them, although if you are consider buying from them, make sure to carefully read their Returns policies before committing to anything, and pay on a credit card for extra protection!

Joklucus

Rough_Rock
Their customer service has been pretty responsive and rather helpful. They seem like a small startup, and it’s a little strange (yet maybe motivating?) that their CEO/founder is very active on customer support (emails, calls, chat). I read somewhere they only have like 5-6 employees, which i guess is the nature of a startup.

Anyways I ended up buying a ring from them now just waiting for it to arrive! Their return policy is pretty straight forward, they don’t cover return shipping but that’s about it. I’ll see if it works out and I’ll update!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their customer service has been pretty responsive and rather helpful. They seem like a small startup, and it’s a little strange (yet maybe motivating?) that their CEO/founder is very active on customer support (emails, calls, chat). I read somewhere they only have like 5-6 employees, which i guess is the nature of a startup.

Anyways I ended up buying a ring from them now just waiting for it to arrive! Their return policy is pretty straight forward, they don’t cover return shipping but that’s about it. I’ll see if it works out and I’ll update!
I hope it all turns out as you would hope :) and will look forward to any updates!

Joklucus

Rough_Rock
I’ve finally received the ring today!! A few things to note: the packaging is pretty bare. Just the small ring box, the gem certificate, and your receipt.

Aside from that, I’m wondering if I got too yellow of a center stone and I should return it and get a higher color grade?
It’s a 1.12c H color stone. Maybe it’s not the color but isn’t very bright? Because it seems dark compared to the halo.

Any advice? Should I return it?

56D519F0-EBC6-469C-AE95-2B2028B628CF.jpeg 32B79C28-AA2B-4060-AFCA-9B9E661213D7.jpeg 8862FEFC-B4AE-4A33-9BA8-0FCA4D0949F5.jpeg 985DC857-70BC-4DD4-B611-09151008E853.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that looks nice from here :)

Does it have a bit of dark 'bow-tie' across the centre facets? Yes, but most 'classic' ovals do to a certain extent.

Does it look well-made? From here, I think it does - nothing looks wonky and the proportions look great!

The halo stones will naturally look whiter than the larger stone for a given colour grade - the smaller stones have shorter light paths within the stone (because the stone if physically smaller) and there is less material for the light to travel through (ditto) so the light coming out of the stone has less time to pick up any tint from the material :)

Additionally, well-cut stones will look darker - the SuperIdeal rounds can look dark in sunlight and spotlights, for example, for reasons I don't think anyone fully understands :lol: but is (IIRC) something to do with the bright facets being so bright that the rest of the stone looks comparatively darker. I don't have time to search right now but I am sure there's a thread titled 'why does my diamond look dark' (or similar) which has a lot of discussion on it!

On that basis, I don't think you have anything particularly to worry about :)

If you can see tint, that is fine, it's a chunky sized stone :) so will have more tint for a given colour (for the reasons mentioned above). Whether you are bothered by the tint is a separate thing - it is entirely your personal taste and you should have a stone that you think looks great, so check it out in lots of different lighting conditions and learn its 'character' to see if you are totally happy with it :)

It may be possible to find an alternative stone with a slightly less prominent 'bow-tie', if that is a thing that is bothering you, but the search will not be easy or quick... lol :lol:

Joklucus

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input!! I’ll definitely have a look today in sunlight and other lighting environments. Honestly the bow tie didn’t bother me too much, I guess I just had this image from seeing other people’s rings that the center stone would look much whiter or brighter. when purchasing the stone though it didn’t have much of a bow tie but it seems that it has a pretty big one now.

It could just be my lack of experience with seeing diamonds in person. I’ll give it a day and think about it! Upgrading to a higher color grade isn’t out of my budget.

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input!! I’ll definitely have a look today in sunlight and other lighting environments. Honestly the bow tie didn’t bother me too much, I guess I just had this image from seeing other people’s rings that the center stone would look much whiter or brighter. when purchasing the stone though it didn’t have much of a bow tie but it seems that it has a pretty big one now.

It could just be my lack of experience with seeing diamonds in person. I’ll give it a day and think about it! Upgrading to a higher color grade isn’t out of my budget.
Is this indoors in artificial lighting? My diamond is round but as mentioned above, in sunlight and under spotlights or different types of artificial lighting it will go a darker colour and become a sparkle bomb (a trade off I’ve learnt to live with lol). Other than that it just looks as white as my halo stonDefinitely have a look at it in natural lighting, inside and outside, in as many places as possible really to see how you feel about it.
It looks beautiful to me but it’s all personal preference.

I’ve attached photos to show you what I see.
B2AD0979-261C-46DE-A546-909CBC8E40F1.jpeg 62D42AB9-35EA-425A-91EE-3084A8CB9C19.jpeg

Joklucus

Rough_Rock
Yes it was in artificial lighting, both in a well lit store and at my home. I brought it outside today in the bright sunny weather and I have to say it is way more sparkly, but I feel like I can still notice the darker tint...when I look at yours (which is beautiful!!!) your center stone color blends very nicely compared to mine. What color stone is it?

Joklucus

Rough_Rock
Here are some pics in natural sunlight. I think it looks great outside! Just have to think about indoors and in artificial light..
. 7E383F98-45BF-40FB-B018-725076EBF3D8.jpeg 67B1410A-3F3F-46CB-9AD2-A63C1B0A32F2.jpeg

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
Here are some pics in natural sunlight. I think it looks great outside! Just have to think about indoors and in artificial light..
. 7E383F98-45BF-40FB-B018-725076EBF3D8.jpeg 67B1410A-3F3F-46CB-9AD2-A63C1B0A32F2.jpeg

Mine is actually a J, so even lower than yours.
I think if you are not happy with it and you can change it and the cost is not an issue then definitely do it. Nothing worse than missing the return window and wishing it looked a little different than it does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results