shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Diet/Weight Loss Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for more great tips Mrs. Frk. Anything helps. Keep them coming.

and let me say again:

Thank You all!!!!!!!!!!!!

This type of support is priceless. I also have an "ace in the hole"; my 18 yr old son. He''s been helping me with my excercises. He''s in awesome shape.
I hope I can stick with it this time.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Two words....SKINNY COWS!!! They are soooo yummy!

www.skinnycow.com

Right in your grocer''s freezer
35.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 12:24:46 PM
Author: Libster
Two words....SKINNY COWS!!! They are soooo yummy!

www.skinnycow.com

Right in your grocer''s freezer
35.gif

Yeah I''ve heard alot about them and I see them in the freezer at the store. I''m just afraid that right now if I were to buy a pack I''d eat the whole darned thing!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 11
6.gif
6.gif
2 AM
Author: Feydakin
ttiwwp.gif
You asked for it (or should I say "them"). Lol.

topdress.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, forget the boobs, what a beautiful wedding dress
30.gif
30.gif
12.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
This is websailor''s diet plan:
JuicySteak.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 9:45:25 PM

Date: 12/7/2004 8:44:12 PM
Author: cflutist
Jenn, forget the boobs, what a beautiful wedding dress
30.gif
30.gif
12.gif
There''s a dress?????
11.gif

LOL

Jennifer you look beautiful. (ofcourse)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I loved my dress. *sigh* It was a tight, encrusted bodice with an enormous skirt with dozens and dozens of layers of tulle and big petticoats. I wanted a "Scarlett O''Hara" dress and I got one. And a crown, of course. I know styles are different today but I loved my dress--it was my dream dress.

Sorry, nan--I just had to share!

Ps I wonder if it still fits...?
2.gif
1.gif

funny.wedding.jpg

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
I did a serious diet and exercise program a couple years ago, lost 40 lbs. I met with a trainer x3 per week, a dietician, doctor, etc.

My Fi and are are doing weight watchers now to trim down for the wedding. It's a good and affordable program that will work.

The key to these programs are:
- they make you track what you eat. Having to write it down really makes you think before you have seconds.
- They weigh you on a weekly basis. You feel accountable and competitive.
- They advice you to eat well and exercise.

Funny reality program: http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/
Commentary on it: http://my.webmd.com/content/article/95/103433.htm

Great site for nutritional info on all kinds of food: http://www.calorieking.com/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
girls heres the secert,forget about all those B.S. diet plans,spent all your money on diamonds to the point were you can't afford to buy any food then i guarantee you will lose all the weight you want.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer, beautiful dress, I bet you felt like a princess
9.gif

Nan,
I know you know that the whole key to losing weight is total calories taken in and total calories expended. I tried the Weight Watchers on-line program a couple of years ago and it was working until I caved
11.gif

While on the program, I found a great website with loads of food point information, such as points for major restaurant chain menu items, etc. Give it a look www.dwlz.com
35.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 8
6.gif
8:32 AM
9.gif

Nan,
I know you know that the whole key to losing weight is total calories taken in and total calories expended. I tried the Weight Watchers on-line program a couple of years ago and it was working until I caved
11.gif

While on the program, I found a great website with loads of food point information, such as points for major restaurant chain menu items, etc. Give it a look www.dwlz.com
35.gif
Thanks Libster, I had seen that page too when I tried WW a couple years ago (online). But I never saved the page- now I can.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2004 11
6.gif
6.gif
2 AM
ttiwwp.gif
HI:
This is all small parts of me--obviously NO problems cuddling adorable nephew, I mean nothing is in the way

slb

35s.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 4:31
6.gif
2 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
girls heres the secert,forget about all those B.S. diet plans,spent all your money on diamonds to the point were you can''t afford to buy any food then i guarantee you will lose all the weight you want.
Now, this is the BEST idea I''ve heard in years....
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 8
6.gif
8:32 AM
9.gif

Nan,
11.gif

35.gif
Libster, isn''t that a great site! I tried WW a couple of years ago (failed--I was very "resentful" of the points/counting) but I found Dottie! She is truly an inspiration...and that eatig-out guide is just a life saver--if for nothing else but to open our eyes as to how many calories are in some of the cr*p we eat!
6.gif
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Sharon you''re so tiny.
I''m kinda starting not to like you!
2.gif
9.gif
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2004 11:21
6.gif
0 PM
Author: sevens one
Sharon you''re so tiny.
2.gif
9.gif
35.gif
HI:

I know my boobs are tiny--my friends teenage kids have one over me!!!!
2.gif
26.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2004 9:43:58 AM
Author: canuk-gal

6.gif
0 PM
Sharon you''re so tiny.
2.gif
9.gif
35.gif
HI:

2.gif
26.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

I hope you know I meant your figure- not the breast area!!!!!!!!!
Anyway MY teenage daughter has an awesome figure. I guess she got it from her father''s side. She''s got no hips but full on top- Totally opposite of her "pear-shaped" mother.
6.gif
6.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2004 10
6.gif
6.gif
7 AM

Date: 12/9/2004 9:43:58 AM

6.gif
0 PM
Sharon you''re so tiny.
2.gif
9.gif
35.gif
HI:

2.gif
26.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

I hope you know I meant your figure- not the breast area!!!!!!!!!
Anyway MY teenage daughter has an awesome figure. I guess she got it from her father''s side. She''s got no hips but full on top- Totally opposite of her ''pear-shaped'' mother.
6.gif
6.gif
HI Nan:

Oh sure I did, but thank you for the consideration nonethless!
What a pleasant group of folks!

cheers--Sharon
P.S. We need seasonal emotioncons!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 11:35:17 AM
Dear Jen:

Except for pregnancy, I have been between 110-112 lbs all my adult life and I believe my athletic 5 ft 6 in frame bodes it well. Of course, and much to my chagrin, I have no cleavage whatsoever (more like chest wall)!!!! Boohoo no boobs.

cheers--Sharon
hahaha this is me too. Right now, I'm 105 at 5' 4" and have concave cleavage, if there's such a thing (which apparently there is since I swear I have it. . .). Thank goodness for VS's padded push up bras or none of my clothes would fit properly.

Diet tips: For me I eat three meals of meat or fish (lots of NW King Salmon) and veggies per day. Rather than a carb with each meal, I have two to three HUGE servings of vegtables and this not only ensures I get my proper amount, but it keeps my weight down. I also drink at least one hemp protein shake per day and this is super high in fiber (14 grams) and this keeps me full between meals. It's hard to stay disciplined so I do allow myself a fun thing - espresso (but am cutting back to just twice a week) and I do eat unrefined carbs like brown rice, quinoa and bread that's made with just seeds and unrefined flour (different than the typical "whole wheat" crap at the supermarket). Oh, and also nuts and seeds make for nutritious healthy snacks. I try for organic raw nuts. These are a lot more healthy than dry roasted.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2004 12:58:25 AM
Author: MichelleCarmen
hahaha this is me too. Right now, I''m 105 at 5'' 4'' and have concave cleavage, if there''s such a thing (which apparently there is since I swear I have it. . .). Thank goodness for VS''s padded push up bras or none of my clothes would fit properly.
Michelle, good for you
36.gif
I am also 5''4" but have never weighed 105, not even in college. Darn ... I am SO jealous of you.

At my heaviest, I gained 40 pounds (that''s a whole sack of dog food) after I met websailor. Been dieting and
exercising for the last year and have lost 20 pounds but have another 15 to go. Websailor now cooks his own dinners (he''s a red meat and potatoes lover) and I have been having salads, chicken, fish, and shrimp.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I saw a blurb in a health magazine about an organization called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and wondered if it might be of iterest to anyone. Website at www.tops.org

cheers--Sharon

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2004 11:16:55 PM
Where do you find this information- do they have a website or is it in a book? Thanks btw. And good for your wife.
Sevens, I saw these books at Barnes & Noble''s. I''ve thought about getting one just for curiosities sake.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure that I like the blood type/food site. It says I''m supposed to eat red meat and lamb but not so much lobster, shrimp and tuna. They''re evil I say!!! EVIL!!!! lol. Just kidding..I do think it''s pretty cool. Interesting stuff
1.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any befores...but I do have afters....me with my Maggie. She was SO happy.

Edited: Ok, I can't delete this stupid picture...not a good one..yuck. Sorry.
14.gif

MaggieAndMe.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2004 12:45:57 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me
I don''t have any befores...but I do have afters....me with my Maggie. She was SO happy.

Edited: Ok, I can''t delete this stupid picture...not a good one..yuck. Sorry.
14.gif
Wow- you look great. How much did you lose?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I lost about 74 lbs. The lowest I weighed was 98 lbs but I don''t recommend that. Not only did I have to sew my own dress pants and skirts because everything was too big..but I felt and looked my worst at that weight. So weak and tired..pale and..well...dead like
14.gif
. I don''t know how I got to that weight..probably stress and running around all day showing houses...but once I realized that it was my weight that made me feel like poo I gained a little (never thought I''d ever say THAT). I''ve been between 104 and 108 for about two and a half years now. I probably should gain a little more but I feel very good at this weight. I would have to say I feel my best.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh my 98 lbs, geez. How tall are you?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 5''7". According to everything I''ve heard I''m under weight but my doctor says that I''m extremely healthy and that she doesn''t feel that I''m risking my health so she said that as long as I''m at this weight in a healthy way I''m ok. Although she keeps saying that she is looking forward to seeing me round and pregnant
40.gif
lol.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results