shape
carat
color
clarity

Any advice on this diamond?

HokieRunner

Rough_Rock
First off - thank you, again, to the forum for the wealth of information and especially to those folks who were able to assist me with my search.  It would not have been possible for me to feel as happy with the final selection of the setting and stone as I do, if it weren't for your help!

I ended up going with a Brian Gavin Blue 1.114 carat H SI1 in the Classic Truth Sleek Micro Pave in Platinum.  It also has a secret stone (Garnet) for the month we met.

Catherine at BGD was incredibly helpful throughout the process and after ordering in early July, I recieved the ring exactly when they estimated at end of July.  It's the most sparkly thing I've ever seen and am just blown away with the diamond, craftsmanship and care that went into the setting.  They were even nice enough to take glamour shots before shipping it out - some which I've attached.

I had the ring appraised locally by YB Associates in Maryland. Sherlene with YB was a total professional and it appraised quite well.  Much thanks to her for the great service and thorough appraisal. I highly recommend her for anyone needing an appraisal.

One thing that surprised me was the BGD ring box.  While it's very pretty - it's not the traditional flip open box so that got my creative juices flowing. (To Catherine's credit @ BGD - she did offer to send me a traditional cherry wood ring box). But I ended up making a ring box of my very own out of a redwood tree branch.  The tree itself is on my parent's property and my dad saved it after a devastating lightning strike took off the top 2/3rd of the tree.  Tree experts said the tree was a total loss...but over 10 years later it's going strong and has regained much of it's former beauty thanks to my dad's effort.  The fact that the wood comes from that tree was very important to me. He unexpectedly passed away a couple years ago so passing along this box has a lot of sentiment involved....

So - onto the box.  Lots of sanding, cutting, boring, oiling and making a custom padded velvet insert later...it was done.  Even carved our initials in it for that added touch.  I love how it turned out and it fits my proposal plans for this weekend perfectly.

I'll leave a few pics at the bottom here and say thanks again.  Your help was truly appreciated in my journey for an engagement ring!

uploadfromtaptalk1409154752339.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409154762380.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409154769000.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409154775942.jpg

HokieRunner

Rough_Rock
Pics of the box....looks like 4 photo max per post!

uploadfromtaptalk1409155071579.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409155081639.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409155091849.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409155100742.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool box and a great choice! :)

I'm glad it all worked out :sun:

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and box. Good luck this weekend! Come back and tell us how it went. Also, post hand shots if possible! :appl: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results