shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Advice Greatly Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I have been searching through the vendors discussed here and looking at all of the great advice from the posters but I think I''m over-confusing myself. I''m trying to find a tiffany legacy-style engagement ring with a 0.4 - 0.5 ct diamond for a total price of $2500. I have found many wonderful diamonds but the settings have not been as easy to find. The settings I have found that I like are all way too expensive. The settings at the local jewelry store are significantly less expensive but the diamonds are much more expensive so it''s a bit of a wash. The only options I have found so far are a ring from Excel and one from WhiteFlash. The WF ring was suggested by JulieN but requires a 1ct diamond and I''m trying to find out if I can get a smaller diamond instead. The one from Excel is okay but the diamond information is not as good as I can''t see what the diamond may look like.

Anyone know where I might look next? I think I''m overanalyzing and expecting too much but my GF wants a non-traditional design but is not too concerned about the size of the diamond.

jim

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
With Excel, you will need to work with them. They can get you lots of images such as ASET, IS, actual stone but not before you indicate which stones you are interested in. So work with them and then come back when the images are uploaded onto their website.

sazza

Rough_Rock
If you find a stone you like Lord of Gems rings on ebay has really good feedback and their settings aren''t too expensive. I''m going to be getting one for a sapphire soon hopefully. I think they''ll work with you also to make the right size ring.

Lord of Gems Store

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
I''ll definitely look at Excel and see what I can find and then post back here once I do that. Would you recommend a round or cushion cut stone for the following ring?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on you. Rounds are more predictable in performance, cushions are more difficult. I still can''t tell what to look for in a nice cushion from ASET/IS.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Okay, thank you again. I found two diamonds that I''ve asked for more information about. I chose two that were slightly different from each other to see what the differences might be in the pictures. They are:

Carat : 0.5
Clarity : SI1
Color : F
GIA SPECIFICATIONS
Measurements: 5.11 x 5.06 x 3.17
Depth: 62.4
Table: 59%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very good
Fluorescence: S
~$850

Carat : 0.51
Clarity : VS2
Color : H
GIA SPECIFICATIONS
Measurements: 5.09 x 5.12 x 3.18
Depth: 62.3
Table: 57%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: N
~$1100

They are both round and listed in the Heart and Arrows Ideal Cut section on Excel. The first one has a slight flourescence and I''m not opposed to that at all.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results