shape
carat
color
clarity

any advice for setting an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I''m engagement ring shopping and I need some big-time assistance as I pick out a setting! I''m almost definitely going with an asscher (very different from all of our friends who have princesses and rounds), and I''d like to pick a setting appropriate for the asscher; since i know very little about this stuff, any direction/advice would be appreciated!

I do know (after talking to her best friend) that side stones and a white metal are a must, but with the sidestones I want to make sure that i don''t overpower the center stone or take away from the classy, elegant look of the asscher (probably between a 1.2 and 1.5 carat, by the way). Her ring size is 5.5 or maybe 6 (I''ll be doing some investigating on that before I buy).

The only other info I have to go on is that she doesn''t want anything that juts out too high because she teaches 2nd grade and therefore keeps pretty active during the day (afraid she''ll scratch one of her kids or scrape/bang the ring against something during the workday).

Any idea on website or specific settings that sound like they fit the bill? I''m looking to spend 1 or 2k on the setting.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UCLABelle''s
36.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-and-traps-in-platinum.52638/

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply, and that''s a very pretty ring, but probably a little too much going on around the asscher (for my gf''s taste). I think something a little simpler works for her, but again, that ring is awesome.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Her ring is very simple, with trap sidestones only. If you think that is too busy, I would think just a solataire would be the way to go.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If trap sidestones are too much, the only thing I think that is simpler would be tapered baguettes.

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry, I should''ve clarified. That setting looked to me like it has a halo around the center stone. Halos and bezel settings are out with my gf.

What about something like these two -- I''ve been poking around the forum archive and found a few that I like... I don''t have a price for the second one, but it''s a whiteflash.com ring. Does anyone know anything about their pricing or workmanship?

the first one is $2250 from exceldiamonds.com -- is that a good deal?

1426_xlargerfbs.jpg

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
this is the whiteflash setting

lauren9wfsd.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hello Johnny11-

No halo on my ring :) Tried that, it was too busy. Mine has traps, so if that is a bit too busy for your GF, I would def. go with the settings you posted. I would also look at baguettes on the side, that might add a nice touch.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love traps with an asscher. Or baguettes (similar to how my round is set in my avatar).

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
Cool -- what about this one from engagementringsidirect (pic below)?

Or this model from engagement ringsdirect that looks a lot like the ones above --
http://engagementringsdirect.com/jewelry.php/step/2/jewelryid/3616/section/Rings%20by%20Mark%20T/shop/Designer%20Showcase%20Rings/collection/The%20Mark%20T%20Collection

These styles all seem to be similar, but there is some wild variation on the prices. any thoughts on how I should choose?

engagement rings direct (Mark T.) Dina shown below is $2800.

engagmentringsdirect/Mark T. design Susan (via link) $1150.

betterthandiamond (post above): $1295

exceldiamonds: $2250

whiteflash: ??

Any thoughts on the quality between these sites or other tips?

engringdirecdina.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results