shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ACA diamond pictures?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 4ct ACA I VS1 - and I could definitely see the tint. I've had an H SI1 as well (not an ACA tho) - and couldn't see the tint OR the inclusions. So I'd go that route, were it me.

Good luck with your decision - it's a lovely dilemma to have!

deeds27

Rough_Rock
I had a 4ct ACA I VS1 - and I could definitely see the tint. I've had an H SI1 as well (not an ACA tho) - and couldn't see the tint OR the inclusions. So I'd go that route, were it me.

Good luck with your decision - it's a lovely dilemma to have!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the two, I would choose the I color stone. The H color stone has a black inclusion in the center of the table which would give me pause. I think the I color stone looks brighter as well. Ask WF to do a side by side video comparison of the two stones for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The higher the color, the brighter the stone will be assuming equal cut. All ACAs have beautiful light return so the higher colors will provide a slight difference in brightness, as in the color white is brighter than beige or light yellow.

That said, I think the inclusions in the SI1 would bother me as MGR said. So I'd try the I VS2 of these two choices. I prefer VS2+ in clarity in general and H+ when possible.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go through this thread. You’ll see a ton.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I owned the 2.78 vs2 I color diamond before upgrading to my present ACA. It’s a beautiful diamond. I couldn’t see the tint looking down at the diamond from the top. I even had trouble noticing it on the side unless it was next to my F color diamond. It photographed more yellow than in real life.. There are photos and a video of it..Search for Summer. That’s what I named it when it was mine. It was completely eye clean..and so pretty..

deeds27

Rough_Rock
I owned the 2.78 vs2 I color diamond before upgrading to my present ACA. It’s a beautiful diamond. I couldn’t see the tint looking down at the diamond from the top. I even had trouble noticing it on the side unless it was next to my F color diamond. It photographed more yellow than in real life.. There are photos and a video of it..Search for Summer. That’s what I named it when it was mine. It was completely eye clean..and so pretty..

Nice! Good to hear that! What did you upgrade to out of curiosity? I think I'm pretty color sensitive so I've been searching for an H, but inventory is low right now with diamonds!

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
That 2.638 H SI1 is pretty clean. I looked at it and thought it was a great deal. See it here vs the F VS2 ACA that I ultimately bought instead.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice! Good to hear that! What did you upgrade to out of curiosity? I think I'm pretty color sensitive so I've been searching for an H, but inventory is low right now with diamonds!

I‘m color sensitive so wanted to have an either F or G color. I don’t plan on upgrading again so I purchased the F. I did struggle with it because the diamond was so gorgeous…The setting I had it in had the sides of the diamond exposed..so it was easier to see the color next to my F. When it was by itself it looked very white..

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to decide between ACA I VS2 or H SI1 and can't make a decision. Hoping to get as bright as possible!

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022278.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4130454.htm

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! Been researching and learning diamonds for a few months, but an open to suggestions!

I inquired about the I color VS2 one. It is a low I and the inclusion is visible from the side (6" distance) - per WF. Because of this, I turned the stone down. Personally, I am not comfortable with SI1 either.

deeds27

Rough_Rock
That 2.638 H SI1 is pretty clean. I looked at it and thought it was a great deal. See it here vs the F VS2 ACA that I ultimately bought instead.

Very nice! I can see the brightness in the F, beautiful!

I inquired about the I color VS2 one. It is a low I and the inclusion is visible from the side (6" distance) - per WF. Because of this, I turned the stone down. Personally, I am not comfortable with SI1 either.

@daisygrl is it always this difficult to find diamonds or I am buying one at the wrong time?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I know the inclusion you mentioned. I could see it with a loupe from the side. I couldn’t see it with the naked eye..Neither could my husband.
Since diamonds are graded from the top only..you could also see inclusions on the side in VS1 and VVS2…..clarity grades.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I know the inclusion you mentioned. I could see it with a loupe from the side. I couldn’t see it with the naked eye..Neither could my husband.
Since diamonds are graded from the top only..you could also see inclusions on the side in VS1 and VVS2…..clarity grades.

I know that. I was just relaying the information WF had told me. My SA said she could see the inclusion from 6" distance. I know I would too with my sight. I am not sure (even with my eagle sight) that I would see an inclusion in VVS2 - that is highly unlikely but OP did not talk about VVS2 so it does not matter. My concern was also the stone being a low I so the combination of these two was a pass for me.

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! I can see the brightness in the F, beautiful!

@daisygrl is it always this difficult to find diamonds or I am buying one at the wrong time?

I'd say it is the latter. The size you are looking for is rather popular so the demand is high but supply is limited at this time. It might be due to covid.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds come in continually (usually every few weeks) at WF. It was slower than usual during COViD due to worldwide shutdowns. If you are wanting something in particular, such as H VS2 2.3-2.6, then call and talk to a sales rep. They may know what stones may be coming in soon. G-H stones are probably the fastest to sell out for engagement rings. You can also have one custom cut.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suggest you talk to WF directly. They can provide you with additional photos if need be. Ask for a side by side of the H and I stones.

Here is @MamaBee 's thread.

And it looks like @CutMonkey also liked the "H" and thought it was "a hell of a deal".

deeds27

Rough_Rock

deeds27

Rough_Rock
@MamaBee trying to see if it’s the same diamond I have ordered?! Do you happen to recall the specs?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee trying to see if it’s the same diamond I have ordered?! Do you happen to recall the specs?

@deeds Here you go..Did you search for my thread on it? Someone posted the link…I don’t know how but search Introducing “Summer” for the keywords..and in the separate by box Mamabee. It will pop up.
185422FB-C2E8-45CE-B92A-BF59943B410F.jpeg

deeds27

Rough_Rock
@MamaBee I found it! Ty! I was a little confused because my report said Feb. 2021, they said they recertify diamonds when they are upgraded, hence the very recent date on my AGS report.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee I found it! Ty! I was a little confused because my report said Feb. 2021, they said they recertify diamonds when they are upgraded, hence the very recent date on my AGS report.

Yes..They are very thorough…It gives everyone peace of mind that they are buying and selling exactly what’s on the report.
Please come back to let us know what you think! I also would love to see the diamond again..:kiss2:

deeds27

Rough_Rock
@MamaBee did you find the color noticeable? Particularly, on the side view as I’m also planning on Valoria, but with 4 prongs instead. I love the simplicity of a petite 4 prong, but don’t want to over expose if its on the warmer side.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee did you find the color noticeable? Particularly, on the side view as I’m also planning on Valoria, but with 4 prongs instead. I love the simplicity of a petite 4 prong, but don’t want to over expose if its on the warmer side.

@deeds27 I LOVE the Valoria but it is very open. A four prong ring setting will expose it even more from the side.. If you put it next to a higher color you will notice it but it’s not glaring. It seems to photograph yellower then it looks like in person. The diamond I compared it to was my previous diamond. I purchased it with a AGS report stating it was a G. I always thought it looked whiter…It was sent to GIA where they certified it as an F. Side by side I could tell when I put it next to each other….but even then it wasn’t obvious unless I was taking a video or photographing it. It looks very white in person. I don’t know how color sensitive you are. I would ask Whiteflash if you could return the setting if it’s too open. I personally think it will be fine. You will be wearing it alone without a comparison diamond. If you notice in my video the diamond is next to an F color band…without noticing a color difference.

Last edited:

deeds27

Rough_Rock
Ok, thanks for your advice!! I think I would be stuck with the setting as it would be semi-custom for making it 4 prong. Either way way, appreciate all your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results