shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxious about James Allen purchase. Anyone dealt with them?

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock
So my boyfriend just bought a 14 k yellow gold cushion cut halo ring with a .76 ct diamond in it from JA. I am super excited about it because it’s suppose ship out next week, but also pretty nervous.

James Allen sends their rings to a Quality inspection before they can be shipped out, and if they pass then they are shipped. If not, they are sent back to be re made.

Ive been reading a lot of reviews about James Allen (mostly positive), but have read some where people are saying their rings didn’t pass quality control and Had to be re made which took another two weeks, or JA sent them the wrong diamond. Also some people are saying there were problems with their setting when they received their ring.

The negative reviews are making me nervous that something will go wrong with my order like the ring doesn’t pass quality control or it will turn out not looking like we expected.

From everyone that has used JA or had friends use them, how was the Expirence? I would really appreciate people telling me first hand instead of having to read other posts and learn second hand.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Anxious about James Allen purchase. Anyone dealt with th

relax and wait for your beautiful ring. :dance:

If you want to be concern of the diamond, have it independently appraised.
If you are not happy with the craftmanship or the ring in general, send it back on them.(US resident only)

While you are still within the 30 day return window, why don't you provide us the link of the diamond itself and members here can comment on it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are hundreds and hundreds of positive reviews of James Allen.

Can you link the setting? We might be able to give feedback about that setting specifically, but for the most part, they do a nice job!

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

Here is the setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-yellow-gold-pave-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-item-6821

Yes there are a lot of positive reviews which do help and keeping me sane. I have noticed too that a lot of the reviews, especially on sites like here or weddingbee, the reviews are usually on plain solitaires. The solitaires seem to be the most popular and so I have not seen many reviews with pave halos. I am sure they are out there, I just have not come across nearly as many!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, Robinelizaa! I have a JA ring (see avatar) - the twisted pave halo in platinum. It has quite a bit of pave stones both around the stone (in the halo) and on the shank itself. I was very pleased with the quality of the ring. I did choose to have it appraised upon arrival and the appraiser was also very impressed with the ring. I will say that after a few days I thought I noticed a missing stone, but that was completely my mistake. When I sent it for a re-size (within 30 days) they looked and did not find any missing, but they did find a cracked stone which they promptly replaced at no charge. (My ring has over 80 stones so there are a lot!) I'm not sure if the crack happened in my care or before they sent it to me. My appraiser did not notice it, so it could have happened in my care. All this being said, I would not hesitate to order from them again. I think they have beautiful rings and provide a quality product and experience.

Best of luck waiting; it's the worst, I know! But, then please post pictures of your new ring. Can't wait to see it! It will be beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Your new ring will probably more than meet your expectations! If you have any problems JA does have the return policy. Looking forward to seeing your new ring soon! :appl:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

What I have noticed and I am not sure if its my eyes or for real when you look at ring settings the main first video of a ring always seem to look better quality than those in the videos of those who had rings commissioned

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just ordered a JA ring and a pair of dangle earrings. I have a solitaire, a 3-stone ring and another pair of dangles from them that are beautiful and well-done. I only had one experience that was not as good, not bad, but not up to my perfectionism and they happily took it back and gave a prompt refund. They are a good company and there is no need to be nervous at all! I hope you love it - please post about it when it comes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty setting! I think you need to enjoy being excited about your ring and stop worrying! Problems are rare, but as others have said, they are good about taking care of any issues and have a good return policy, if necessary. So come back and post pictures of your ring when you get it!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock

I got my recent upgrade from James Allen and have been very happy. I actually bought 2 diamonds, had one set in the setting and then decided to keep the loose diamond instead. They took the first diamond out and put the 2nd diamond in the setting. The setting didn't look damaged in any way. This was during the busy Christmas season, so time was the biggest issue for me!

I also thought their cad setting photos on the website were beautiful and I thought the actual finished rings looked thick and bad by comparison! That's just an illusion due to the highly magnified photos! The settings look too scale in person! I think you'll be pleased when you get your ring!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock

I received a ring from JA on Tuesday, almost a week ahead of schedule. This was my first purchase from them, and I was very pleased with the quality in person. I think the end product was true to the 360, you can relax!

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

Downsy|1456102770|3993812 said:
I got my recent upgrade from James Allen and have been very happy. I actually bought 2 diamonds, had one set in the setting and then decided to keep the loose diamond instead. They took the first diamond out and put the 2nd diamond in the setting. The setting didn't look damaged in any way. This was during the busy Christmas season, so time was the biggest issue for me!

I also thought their cad setting photos on the website were beautiful and I thought the actual finished rings looked thick and bad by comparison! That's just an illusion due to the highly magnified photos! The settings look too scale in person! I think you'll be pleased when you get your ring!

Did your rings come in a reasonable amount of time since the Christmas season was busy? Mine was ordered at (I'm guessing) a pretty busy season since they had a valentines day sale going on! Also, I have heard great things about their upgrade option. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future if everything works out with my ering purchase!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium

If it helps, you are not the only nervous one. My ring is supposed to ship Tuesday and is still "in production". I've chatted with them a few times and they keep assuring me it is still scheduled to ship 2/23. I'm concerned that it isn't in QA yet and there is no way it will ship on time. That being said, it looks like there are numerous PSrs who have gotten their ring from JA and are very happy with them.

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

That's Great Sassy_Pants!! Which ring did you choose? I hope that happens to me haha. I am going crazy waiting for mine. My (soon to be FI) ordered on Friday the 12 and I was told the ring is suppose to be sent to Quality inspection this week on Thursday the 25, then ship. I am glad to hear yours came on time too because some people are saying that their ring came much later than the estimated ship date they were given.

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

Hopefully it will ship on time absolutme77! Let me know if it does. I am nervous about mine shipping on time on the 25. Also make sure to upload some pictures when you receive it!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock

They had a computer glitch when they were resetting my 2nd diamond after christmas and the computer kept saying it was in production, when it actually was finished and being shipped the day I called. It took them almost 3 weeks from the time I shipped the setting back till they reset it with the 2nd diamond and I got it back. The downside to that was it was eating away at my 30 day return period! I didn't return it and had already seen the setting and the diamond in person. When I got the setting with the first stone, it took Just shy of weeks from the time the order was placed.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes...It's hard to wait!
I think they must be scrambling to keep up with orders from the Valentine's Day sale. Both my orders do not show the progress that would be expected [both are in the production phase]. One was supposed to ship today, the other tomorrow, but I recently got an email saying the first order has a two-day delay.
All-in-all, I think they are timely with production and shipping, as the diamonds are not in stock and the settings have to be modified to fit the stone.
Fun waiting with you all...and it will be fun when everyone can share their new bling :appl:

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

Jimmianne|1456143320|3993927 said:
Yes...It's hard to wait!
I think they must be scrambling to keep up with orders from the Valentine's Day sale. Both my orders do not show the progress that would be expected [both are in the production phase]. One was supposed to ship today, the other tomorrow, but I recently got an email saying the first order has a two-day delay.
All-in-all, I think they are timely with production and shipping, as the diamonds are not in stock and the settings have to be modified to fit the stone.
Fun waiting with you all...and it will be fun when everyone can share their new bling :appl:

When did you place your orders? Also let me know when your order ships so I can have an idea of when mine will! My order was placed on the 12th and suppose to ship on the 25! I hope there is not a big delay if there is one!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My engagement ring is from JA .

first i had a single stone set in there basic cheap soli, then i had them do custom work for me to complete the ring in my avitar. I could not recommend them highly enough when someone wants to do their own shopping, rather than have a vendor present them with options..

many settings, many stones, and all the info you could need to make a decision

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Niel, thank you for your post. I am not having a custom made but purchased one of their unique settings (and I think I may be the first one who purchased this particular one). I'm glad you can recommend their settings highly as I've read posts for and against their work and my setting is a bit intricate. BTW, I love your setting.

Robinelizaa, my soon-to-be FI ordered on 2/3 but due to the setting I chose, the lead time was estimated at 3 weeks, which is why it's supposed to ship tomorrow. It is still sitting in production so we shall see. They say quality assurance and shipping occur the same day so I can give you more of a real-time update tomorrow about what to expect for Thursday (if it goes into QA and ships tomorrow).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My orders went in on 2/14 and 2/15.
Estimated arrival is the 25th.

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

yes keep me updated for sure absolutme77! I hope everything works out perfect for you and your ring ships out tomorrow! Waiting is so nerve-racking but exciting at the same time!

Jimmianne, ours are supposed to be shipped on the same day! Also keep me updated on your order when it ships, Hopefully they are not delayed again!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium

So my update is that the order is saying it's shipped and will be delivered tomorrow by 10:30am. It must have gone through QA sometime after 10AM because when I checked then it was still in production. I'll keep you updated about delivery tomorrow when I hear it's at its destination (it's not being shipped to the house so that I cannot see it until the proposal).

Good luck - I hope yours ships on time as well. It shipped the date quoted so there is a good chance it will ship for you Thursday.

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

That's great yours shipped out! I talked to customer service today and they said there is a chance it may be shipped out tomorrow but if not tomorrow most likely Thursday! That has to be a good sign if they said it may ship early! Make sure to post a picture when you get to see it!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium

You too! Can't wait to see pictures.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Suddenly both my orders have shipped ahead of schedule and I will not be at home to sign for them.
Ah the agony. lol

windsurferwife

Rough_Rock

I ordered from JA as well on 2/9. My estimated ship date is 2/25. I spoke with them today, since my order is still in the "production" phase. They told me that the QA phase can take as little as a couple hours. Hope everyone gets their orders on time or earlier than expected! : )

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

lol jimmaianne,thats a little ironic and funny! That's exciting though that they shipped early!

windsurfer wife, That is great to know! My order is still in production and I was worried about that, So it helps to know the QA only takes a couple of hours.

My bf doesn't want me to know where it is or when it gets here. He wants me to be totally surprised, but since I hate surprises, I got the order number ( I know I'm awful lol) and have been on the live chat every day asking them questions! They all are assuring me they will ship on time. *fingers crossed*

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium

It was delivered. According to the family member who is holding it for us, it came at exactly 10:30AM (FedEx said by 10:30 and I guess literally meant it). The only issue (and I posted it in my other post about my diamond choice and ring setting) is that according to them, the ring looks like it is entirely in WG when it was supposed to be a YG head and WG shank. If he doesn't propose in the next month, I'm going to have to make him let me see it, in case I don't like it, so we are in the return period.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Robinelizaa|1456280320|3994715 said:
lol jimmaianne,thats a little ironic and funny! That's exciting though that they shipped early!

windsurfer wife, That is great to know! My order is still in production and I was worried about that, So it helps to know the QA only takes a couple of hours.

My bf doesn't want me to know where it is or when it gets here. He wants me to be totally surprised, but since I hate surprises, I got the order number ( I know I'm awful lol) and have been on the live chat every day asking them questions! They all are assuring me they will ship on time. *fingers crossed*

Mine went from production status to a shipping notification quite suddenly. I was surprised.
Good news, I think. I am back home and there was no FedEx note on the door. I am hopeful that today is the day!

Absolut, that is true agony! I don't know how you can stand it. JA will send a photo of the finished product, so if you are in on the emails you may see it sooner rather than later.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results