shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Well exaclty 2 months after my proposal (rock and proposal story here)...my fiance is about to get her permanent setting. She is on pins and needles waiting for it to go on her little finger. Hope you like the images.

threequarter.jpg

setting1.jpg

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Love the setting! It is very similiar to mine
1.gif
Who made it?

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Thank you...Do you have a picture of yours you could share? The Jeweler is called Tivoli, just a local place near to me that I am gald I discovered.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think it's fab! I looove antique settings
1.gif

Classic

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Thank You! My fiance is absolutley in love with that ring. If it came down to her having to choose from that ring and me...well let's say I wouldn't want it to get to that
1.gif

Well here it is set.

Well this was the best I could do with my point and shoot canon. I'm pretty satisfied on how the pictures came out...My next hunt is for a wedding band now...geez it never ENDS. Here are two pics one from the top view and one from three quarters. Enjoy!

antiqueSetting.jpg

antique_top.jpg

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is so gorgeous I want to vomit.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's quite a stunner!

I think the only wedding band that will do it justice is one that closely mimics the top of this rings. Well, actually, depending on your budget, a wedding band that basically looks like this ring, only without the big rock, would be really nice. Perhaps thinner, though.

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
I don't have a digital camera, or I would def post pics of mine. But it is really quite similiar. We are now looking for bands, and because of the basket setting, nothing fits flush against it, so I am debating about living with the gap, or getting something slightly curved? What are you guys thinking?

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I love yours the most Lanee
1.gif
...too funny.

Yes, it will be hard to try to get a band that fits well...the wedding band will be pave, but i dont understand how it would mimic the ring? Are you saying we should mimic just the shank of the engagement ring...or does that include the crown as well. I'm very interested on what you have in mind, becaus it will be a challenge to get a band that compliments this ring.

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Hi.. we are looking for an eternity band that mimics the engagement shank. I have found plenty here in the jewelery district in Boston, but because of the basket they don't sit nice agaist the engagement ring. The jewelers (and many others on this forum) have said it is a personal preference. Some people don't mind the gap, others it will really annoy
1.gif
wink2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Swansong, yes I mean something that looks like the shank. What the ring looks like if turned upside-down on the finger.

Nagshead, I have an antiquey ring with a basket setting as well. The gap was a bit annoying in the beginning, but when I got used to it I starting really liking the look. I find the gap rather charming now.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring!!!! I love antique settings. I think it looks beautiful on its own. Having a band interrups the beauty of the antique setting because it will hide the diamonds set on the side of the shank.

just an opinion.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback folks it really helped us decide on what wedding band to go with.
1.gif
I love this site.

We have tenatively decided on having a space between the engagement ring and wedding band. The gap will be about 3.5 mm, with this spacing you can see the engagement ring from all angles.

The width of the wedding band will be about a little bit wider than half the width of the engagement ring.

Thoughts?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think the width sound perfect! It's hard for me to picture how the rings will look together, but I have no doubt they'll be gorgeous.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
thank you thank you
1.gif

I did quick illustration in photoshop...hope this helps.

weddingBand.jpg

Cushy Cushion

Rough_Rock
What city is the shop Tivoli in? I am looking for an antique setting and that looks very similar to one I've seen online from a guy out of NY called "antiqueengagementrings.com". I wonder if he is getting the setting from the same vendor (was yours custom made or did your jeweler order it?) Don't mean to get too personal, but it is a beautiful setting and I could use the help! Thanks
1.gif

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Tivoli is in San Gabriel and Rowland Heights. Rosemary Wong is the person to talk to.

626-854-6066

This ring was custom made by Tivoli Jeweler, they have people in Los Angeles and Hong Kong making these rings. Our ring was orignally made in Hong Kong and then touched in Los Angeles.

Class act to work with, great quality and reasonably priced. I would recommend them to anyone.

Good Luck!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. That's a bit larger of a gap then I'd feel comfortable with, but many people wouldn't like *my* gap! If your fiancee is happy with that's all that matters.

africact

Rough_Rock
This is a beautiful setting - does anyone know of any jewellers in NYC that sell the same type of art deco/antique settings?

Thanks

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's in Brooklyn, but http://www.clay-pot.com/catalog.htm.

I've never been there, but drool over their site every so often.

bigL

Rough_Rock
hi there,
who is the maker of your ring? i like the metal work.
big L

bigL

Rough_Rock
sorry, i just scrolled down and found the answer to my question!!
big L

luckycharm

Rough_Rock
i already mentioned this on another post but after much looking around i decided to order from www.platinummfg.com. I loved their designs and I liked their prices.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely Stunning! Thanks for sharing
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results