shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Sapphire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:27:47 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Very pretty pieces SCN! They all have such pretty stones in them and I love all the inticate and delicate details!!
Thanks CCN! The details are so much more delicate IRL than the pics show, I''ve always wondered why this happens when taking photos!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:31:39 PM
Author: mochi
Date: 4/6/2009 11:49:25 AM

Author: stepcutnut

Amethyst square cut ring :)

I really like the square cut on a amethyst. Very pretty!
I love the cuts on the stones, they are so lovely in person compared to the pics. My pics tend to make jewelry look kind of lifeless-I am not sure how to change that!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:35:32 PM
Author: Gailey
Very nice rings SCN. Care to post the photography tips your hubby gave you?
Thanks Gailey!

Hubby mentioned to try diffused light with normal flash with the super macro setting on the camera and without the macro lens, instead of direct light with diffused flash on macro setting with the macro lens. I think that my pics are alittle better now!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:37:04 PM
Author: Catmom
Great pictures and lovely rings!!
36.gif

ETA: I really love the sapphire pinky ring!
Thanks Catmom! The sapphire ring was purchased by hubby right after we got married almost 9 years ago and back then it was not a pinky ring-it was my normal ring size---oh well! :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:38:35 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
You have a lovely collection
36.gif
Thanks Diamond Dana :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Blue Apatite :)

Blue appatite ring.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Tanzanite Radiant-my camera killed all the purple-will try again.

Tanzanite Radiant ring.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Light Blue Spinel, much lighter than the pics! And needs a good cleaning.

Light Blue Spinel Asscher.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty rings!

How do you like the tulip setting? I''ve had my eye on it for my spinel, but it looks a little clunky in the vendor shots; in your image it looks more proportional and delicate. May I ask how big (mm) the spinel is?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire pave.

Light Blue Spinel Asscher2.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:37:21 PM
Author: mercoledi
Very pretty rings!

How do you like the tulip setting? I''ve had my eye on it for my spinel, but it looks a little clunky in the vendor shots; in your image it looks more proportional and delicate. May I ask how big (mm) the spinel is?
Thanks mercoledi! It is just under 7mm. I would not have them set the stone!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:39:09 PM

Very pretty rings!

How do you like the tulip setting? I've had my eye on it for my spinel, but it looks a little clunky in the vendor shots; in your image it looks more proportional and delicate. May I ask how big (mm) the spinel is?

No? That was my next question because your prongs are beautifully done. Did they botch it, or did you just not want to relinquish the spinel?

(great spinel/sapph ring too, by the way)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:41:43 PM
Date: 4/6/2009 4:39:09 PM

Very pretty rings!

How do you like the tulip setting? I've had my eye on it for my spinel, but it looks a little clunky in the vendor shots; in your image it looks more proportional and delicate. May I ask how big (mm) the spinel is?

No? That was my next question because your prongs are beautifully done. Did they botch it, or did you just not want to relinquish the spinel?

(great spinel/sapph ring too, by the way)

I was so excited when I received the ring, opened the box and and took it out and the spinel is set crooked with one of the sides of the tulip all wonky! I didn't say anything to them at the time, because I was going through a health challenge then and had soooo much else to worry about!!! I wish now that I had said something, because I will have to take it to another jeweler to see if they can fix it and I am guessing that they can't-that's how bad it was!!!

I just put all my camera stuff and jewelry away, if I get a chance tomorrow-I will try and take a pic of the terrible setting job!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite is the first. I like the brightness of the sapphire and the very antique looking setting. I like simple designs and that one caught my eye the most.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results