shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Sapphire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to try out a few to tips I received for taking photos...

This is my sapphire pinky ring from my hubby :)

antique sapphire ring.jpg

The sapphire is small, 5mm and you can tell that the ring was worn often-the setting is quit worn in spots.

antique sapphire ring3.jpg

It is unheated, but I do not know its origin.

antique sapphire ring2.jpg

I love that setting, it''s so feminine and pretty. The sapphire is a gorgeous blue too!

Date: 4/6/2009 10:24:40 AM
Author: Kismet
I love that setting, it's so feminine and pretty. The sapphire is a gorgeous blue too!
Thanks Kismet! That is the lightest color the sapphire ever is-in direct sunlight. It is definitely somewhat sleeping because of the silkiness, but I still love it :)

My Barry purple(plum colored) spinel ring. The tulip head is RG and the shank is WG-I purchased the setting from an Etsy seller.

purple spinel ring3.jpg

purple spinel ring4.jpg

The spinel is quit lively-always tough for me to capture!

purple spinel ring.jpg

purple spinel ring2.jpg

I love that sapphire - i am a sucker for the lighter colored ones!

Another pretty one. It looks really nice in that rose gold head. Do you mind saying which Etsy seller made it?

Peridot and Tourmaline ring-window on the peridot, but I love the setting :) Hubby did good overall!

peridot and tourmaline ring3.jpg

Again, I manage to somehow kill all sparkle!?!?!

peridot and tourmaline ring2.jpg

No windows IRL on the Tourmaline.

peridot and tourmaline ring.jpg

Date: 4/6/2009 10:38:10 AM
Author: violet3
I love that sapphire - i am a sucker for the lighter colored ones!

Date: 4/6/2009 10:41:59 AM
Author: Kismet
Another pretty one. It looks really nice in that rose gold head. Do you mind saying which Etsy seller made it?
Thanks again! I will have to look him up. The price for setting the spinel was included in the total, but I would not have them set a stone ever again!!! They set it crooked and it drives me nuts! I still haven''t taken it into another jewelers to see if they can fix it!

It is really a lovely green, I am not sure why they are all turning out black!?!?!

Chrome Diopside ring.jpg

Pics are a little clearer, but the green has been really tough to capture!

Chrome Diopside ring4.jpg

Chrome Diopside ring3.jpg

Chrome Diopside ring2.jpg

Date: 4/6/2009 10:28:54 AM
Author: stepcutnut
My Barry purple(plum colored) spinel ring. The tulip head is RG and the shank is WG-I purchased the setting from an Etsy seller.

ETA - whoops, i see you already answered above...

Amethyst square cut ring :)

amethyst ring2.jpg

CCN... I love the sapphire and the setting, very pretty with the flowing flower.. The sapphire is a very nice blue, not too dark.

The tulip setting is also very pretty and really goes well with the Barry stone. Very delicate looking.

Than the Peridot/Tourmaline ring...WOW! Such a intricate ring. It''s beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif

Very pretty pieces SCN! They all have such pretty stones in them and I love all the inticate and delicate details!!

Date: 4/6/2009 11:34:45 AM
It is really a lovely green, I am not sure why they are all turning out black!?!?!
Oh my... that''s lovely as well!
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 4/6/2009 11:49:25 AM
Amethyst square cut ring :)

I really like the square cut on a amethyst. Very pretty!

Very nice rings SCN. Care to post the photography tips your hubby gave you?

Great pictures and lovely rings!!
36.gif

ETA: I really love the sapphire pinky ring!

You have a lovely collection
36.gif

Date: 4/6/2009 12:15:35 PM
Author: mochi
CCN... I love the sapphire and the setting, very pretty with the flowing flower.. The sapphire is a very nice blue, not too dark.

The tulip setting is also very pretty and really goes well with the Barry stone. Very delicate looking.

Than the Peridot/Tourmaline ring...WOW! Such a intricate ring. It''s beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Mochi!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics