shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Sapphire and Rose Cut Diamond Ring

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just looked moonshot. What a gorgeous ring (no, I'm not biased, lol). They are pretty darn close. I'll bet they were made either by the same jeweler or within the same guild. I wish Grace or Erica would pop on. I'm sure they could tell us if these rings are fairly common to the period or more likely made by the same artist.

Pretty cool either way! Thanks for sharing your photos! No matter what, we are sisters in the ring!! :lol:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire,

I absolutely love your grandmother's and your style! I think antique/vintage styles have so much personality and interest! I am trying to not to covet your collection! :wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, thanks classy rocks! :wavey:

moonshot

Rough_Rock
Ring sisters! :) I love the ring so very much. My husband proposed to me when we were spending Christmas in Italy with his family, and on the flight home to the UK, the sun was shining in through the window and refracting off the diamonds.. I sat there bouncing my little rainbows everywhere! I heard a couple of people mention the prisms, so I ducked down in my chair, but I didn't stop.. :tongue:

Do you know what part of Italy your grandfather picked yours up in, Yenny? I will ask my husband about where his family were living when the ring entered the family. Maybe there will be clues there?!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, what a lovely story moonshot! I have been known to do that in cars, planes and various stores in my area, lol!

I have no idea what part of Italy my grandfather was in, but I can see if my Dad knows.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny now I know where you get your exquisite taste in jewelry! I simply ADORE the ring as well as the sentiment behind it. I couldn't tell from the earlier posts if you'd been able to find someone who could be trusted enough to clean it. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is really phenomenal, W :love: W!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Roxy! I haven't had it cleaned yet, but I am planning to bring it to the GTG in Las Vegas to let Ari from Singlestone take a look. If he's willing, I'll let him take it with him. I may have to wait to get it back til DH is on the West Coast since I'm not willing to ship it, as it is priceless to me.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Well if Ari DOES take it I hope he'll be so kind as to take tons of pics (before & after) showing the intricate details, etc. That way we (oops I mean YOU ;)) ) won't go too crazy while waiting for its return! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results