shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Jewelry Vendors

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Ok All, so I'm a big fan of Lang and EraGem for my antique jewelry purchases- their selection is stunning, and their Customer Service is phenomenal.
When making such a special purchase, as jewelry always is, it is SO important to have a good experience in doing so. Customer Service matters- A LOT.

I recently thought about giving another vendor, Erstwhile, a try. Their selection online is lovely and I found a piece I was genuinely interested in, so much so that I started moving funds around in my head to map out how to make it happen. When I emailed them to inquire, however, I was absolutely shocked at their rudeness. I am still stunned, and come to find out, it was actually the manager I was communicating with, the MANAGER of the store driving customers away with her behavior, unbelievable! At least she drove me away from the store. I would NEVER make a large jewelry purchase from a vendor that treated me the way I was treated. I can certainly take my business elsewhere, and will.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

collier

Shiny_Rock
Not quite like that, but yes. I am shocked by your experience as well and so sorry.

I was in Macy's casually looking at something and asked the salesperson what the color/clarity of the diamonds in the piece was. She told me that was just something that the diamond industry made up to charge people more.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok All, so I'm a big fan of Lang and EraGem for my antique jewelry purchases- their selection is stunning, and their Customer Service is phenomenal.
When making such a special purchase, as jewelry always is, it is SO important to have a good experience in doing so. Customer Service matters- A LOT.

I recently thought about giving another vendor, Erstwhile, a try. Their selection online is lovely and I found a piece I was genuinely interested in, so much so that I started moving funds around in my head to map out how to make it happen. When I emailed them to inquire, however, I was absolutely shocked at their rudeness. I am still stunned, and come to find out, it was actually the manager I was communicating with, the MANAGER of the store driving customers away with her behavior, unbelievable! At least she drove me away from the store. I would NEVER make a large jewelry purchase from a vendor that treated me the way I was treated. I can certainly take my business elsewhere, and will.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

Feedback on vendors like this is invaluable, but general vague statements don’t help much without knowing background info.
Can you be a bit more specific on what it was you asked, and what the manager said that you felt was shockingly rude?

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Feedback on vendors like this is invaluable, but general vague statements don’t help much without knowing background info.
Can you be a bit more specific on what it was you asked, and what the manager said that you felt was shockingly rude?

The emails exchanged had a tone of pretension from the beginning, which I didn't care for. Lang and EraGem are always kind and helpful, this vendor was rude. They had a sale going on that I had missed, when I asked if they might honor the sale, I was told something along the lines of "it was only a one day sale, that's the whole point of a sale!" and then when I explained I was merely asking bc I was seriously interested in the piece and was hoping a manager may offer something, I received a reply of "I am the manager!"

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results