shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Diamond Brooch to Cuff Conversion by DK!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you may know from the 2 weeks club thread, the lovely @Niel found me a gorgeous Edwardian platinum and diamond brooch a couple of months back on ebay! Since DH and I recently bought a house and renovated the crap out of it, bling budget has been limited this year so I was extremely thrilled and grateful for the amazing find! It was even more beautiful in person, the delicate filigree and milgrain work and the WHITE facing oecs captured my heart as soon as I opened the box. The mindset was always to convert it to a cuff so I reached out to a couple of vendors but ultimately chose DK because I know he's done several of these in the past and was just comfortable with him doing the job successfully (especially the curving of the delicate brooch part).

This was my first project with David and I'm so happy to have worked with him! He's super nice, responsive once you get a hold of him (I emailed first and followed up with a call, I didn't know they were technically closed but he answered and it was smooth sailing from there) very reasonable, completely open to your feedback and just wants to make sure you're completely happy! David received the brooch 2 weeks ago today and I made sure to include a sizing strip of the wrist size for reference. He confirmed receipt and we went ahead to finalize a few details - I personally love the richness of 18k yg and the contrast with platinum and was pretty set on the two-toned combination for the cuff but did think about and price out platinum but ultimately chose the delicious and buttery 18k yg. I wanted one connecting stem, not a split shank. I tossed around the idea of doing a matte finish but he said I could make that decision once I saw the finished piece (which I ended up deciding to leave it high polish). I panicked at the size/circumference but he was reassuring about the fit. At first he was going to make the cuff 2mm wide but I wanted a bit more width and strength so we settled on 2.5mm (he thought 3mm would be too thick aesthetically for the brooch and since he's the expert, I listened!) and the conversion was ready in just a few days!! I quickly paid him and received the brooch this past Saturday and I am beyond thrilled! It's GORGEOUS and a perfect fit!!! He thoroughly cleaned the brooch, the yg stems connect beautifully and the whole piece just looks so sexy! The pics don't do it justice and DK's glamour shots are better than my own but I will include them all for your viewing pleasure! :kiss2:

DKJPV_0912_BRCLT-7.JPG upload_2018-9-7_8-18-32.png

DKJPV_0912_BRCLT-9.JPG

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
This is BEAUTIFUL! Love the yg/plat combo, the daintiness, the oecs.....everything. Enjoy!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty! What an amazing conversion & the style & size are perfect, plus the yellow gold & plat are a dream.

Ooo.... I think I need one of these in my life.... :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get over how much I love this!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous! Congratulations, @ac117!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
That's amazing! Was the brooch completely flat originally? Can't think of very many vendors at all that I would trust to do that curve correctly! From everything that I've seen of DK, he is definitely one of them.

You must be thrilled! The proportions are excellent too and I can't see even the barest hint of a seam between the brooch and the bracelet. The contrasting metals work really well as well, I'm usually an all platinum kinda person but you made the right choice as it makes all the different beautiful parts of that bracelet stand out for all the right reasons!

Congratulations! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really lovely!

cheers--Sharon

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like it was meant to be a bracelet! Love the fiery OECs.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! DK did a great job on it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that is stunning! It looks so pretty on your wrist! Kudos to you and Niel on such a gorgeous piece!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :love::love::love:
It is stunning and unique AND recycles an antique piece.
Be quick everybody, buying this type of very unfashionable brooches, which are currently very reasonable priced, won’t last.
Snap them up now while you can.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow just wow!!!!!!! Beautiful! :o

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:
IMG_0845.jpg
An obligatory fire shot from the beautiful center OEC!
IMG_0865.JPG
And another showing her on the wrist with Stellla and my Tiff Schlumberger in the same yg/plat!
IMG_0904.JPG
...:love: Where's the "LOVE" button :love: ???...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That’s stunning!! I’m jelly!! If you ever get tired of her, let me know! ;)2

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 this brooch to cuff conversion is so, so simply stunning!! :love: What a wonderful story and delicious two-toned end product! I love your idea with using 18kt for the stems and is truly amazing how quickly DK was able to turn it around. Ahh! It looks gorgeous on you! :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness that’s a beautiful piece :appl: looks like it was always like this

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, so pretty!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is BEAUTIFUL! Love the yg/plat combo, the daintiness, the oecs.....everything. Enjoy!

Thank you so much! :mrgreen2:
This is so pretty! What an amazing conversion & the style & size are perfect, plus the yellow gold & plat are a dream.

Ooo.... I think I need one of these in my life.... :love:

You definitely do!! :twisted2: The thrill of the brooch hunt is rather exciting!

I can't get over how much I love this!

Aww thank you!

How gorgeous! Congratulations, @ac117!

Thanks @mrs-b! So glad you like it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's amazing! Was the brooch completely flat originally? Can't think of very many vendors at all that I would trust to do that curve correctly! From everything that I've seen of DK, he is definitely one of them.

You must be thrilled! The proportions are excellent too and I can't see even the barest hint of a seam between the brooch and the bracelet. The contrasting metals work really well as well, I'm usually an all platinum kinda person but you made the right choice as it makes all the different beautiful parts of that bracelet stand out for all the right reasons!

Congratulations! :)

Thank you, I am in love with it! :kiss2:Yes! The brooch was completely flat and curving it was exactly what worried me, as well, but DK knows what he's doing for sure - his confidence definitely gave me confidence! This was it before... IMG_9851.JPG brooch.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that turned out beautifully and looks like a perfect fit.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! DK did a great job on it!

Thank you!

That looks like it was meant to be a bracelet! Love the fiery OECs.

That's exactly how I felt! It was a perfect fit!

Wow - that is stunning! It looks so pretty on your wrist! Kudos to you and Niel on such a gorgeous piece!

Thanks so much MGR!! Neil certainly has a talent. This has sort of been in the works since the WF gtg so I'm so happy I was able to accomplish it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :love::love::love:
It is stunning and unique AND recycles an antique piece.
Be quick everybody, buying this type of very unfashionable brooches, which are currently very reasonable priced, won’t last.
Snap them up now while you can.

SOOOOOO true!!! There's really nothing like the old craftsmanship IMO and I'm truly tempted to buy others almost all the time but I must be reasonable so hopefully everyone else snaps them up!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 this brooch to cuff conversion is so, so simply stunning!! :love: What a wonderful story and delicious two-toned end product! I love your idea with using 18kt for the stems and is truly amazing how quickly DK was able to turn it around. Ahh! It looks gorgeous on you! :love:

:kiss2: My dear friend, it means a lot that you love it!!! I appreciate your help throughout the process and listening every step of the way! Hugs!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s stunning!! I’m jelly!! If you ever get tired of her, let me know! ;)2

So sweet of you yenny, thank you! Right now you'd have to pry her from me but I suppose one thing PS has taught me is that you never really know when something else will catch your eye down the line! :lol:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS is lovely, we all from time to time spy something else we “must have” and are inclined to let a previous “favourite” piece go BUT only to another PSer.
Like family.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results