shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique cushion cut lab grown diamond

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I am in search of an antique cushion cut lab grown diamond. I am looking for the 1.5-2ct range, and L/M/N/O color range. I know this may be hard to find, as it seems the lower colored lab diamonds are extremely rare. I know Distinctive Gem would be the likely recommendation, but I find their prices for lab diamonds quite high. Just curious if there is another vendor I should be looking at?

Thanks!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I recently found a nice, well-priced lab OMC at Adiamor. It's 1.5 ct, E color, which I know is not what you're looking for, but it might be worth looking? They hide their OMCs in the Cushion category; I limited the search to small tables to increase my chance of finding an OMC.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ouros sells low color OECs and might be able to find you an OMC.

Any budget/clarity/dimensions requirements, so if people run across one, we can let you know?

NK2012

Rough_Rock

Any budget/clarity/dimensions requirements, so if people run across one, we can let you know?

Thank you, I will check them out!

Looking for under $2,000 (preferably under $1500 honestly, just not sure how likely that is). Eye clean, but not too fussed with clarity otherwise. I’d love one that is more on the square side (L/W ratio 1.05-1.10 would be ideal) however I know my other parameters are already limiting the search, so I might be okay with a more rectangle OMC/antique cushion if I find the right one. Mostly just looking for something that is lower on the color scale, which is understandably hard to find in a lab diamond. Size can be from 1ct-2ct. I’m not looking for anything huge.

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Here's a nice 7ct K, if you felt like going bigger ;-)

(I don't think our experts would approve of the crystal, though. Looks a little...blurry.)

Oh that is pretty! A bit above my budget though :)

I recently found a nice, well-priced lab OMC at Adiamor. It's 1.5 ct, E color, which I know is not what you're looking for, but it might be worth looking? They hide their OMCs in the Cushion category; I limited the search to small tables to increase my chance of finding an OMC.

Oh thanks, I’ll take a look!

Thank you!

NK2012

Rough_Rock

Is Ouros only on Etsy? That’s the only place I could find, just wanted to double check.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
They have a website too but they respond quickly to requests on Etsy

NK2012

Rough_Rock
They have a website too but they respond quickly to requests on Etsy

I had a look and their lab grown OMCs look beautiful, so fingers crossed they can do lower colors! Thanks for the link!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that is beautiful!

I did just pull the trigger on a lab grown from Ouros. I’m sure this will sell quickly, that OMC is absolutely divine!

Ooo, so is it the OMC that they usually cut, just in low color? How did the communication go about what you wanted?

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Ooo, so is it the OMC that they usually cut, just in low color? How did the communication go about what you wanted?

Yes it is! Communication was really easy, I reached out to them on Etsy because someone had said they respond faster on there. They were really quick to respond to all of my messages and to get me a quote. It is the OMC they usually cut, and yup, they are doing it in M/N color. They are cutting more of a square OMC as that’s my preference. I just sent them a picture of the type of stone (so we were on the same page, he had originally sent an elongated antique cushion picture), told them what color and what L/W ratio I was looking for. Everything has been really easy so far; they were super friendly and the price was great!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Even though you already decided, I hope you don’t mind if I post this here for other people who are looking for low color 1.5-ish. Below is a N IF from Brilliance.

Downside:
-Earth Grown
-1 carat (but see below for size)
-Shallow

Upside:
-7.25x6.25 so faces up large
-It looks a lot less blurry than most of the other shallow antique-inspired cuts, which normally I would not recommend

Hope that helps someone!

IMG_0942.jpeg

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Here’s the video from Ouros!

I ended up going a little bigger, so it’s 2.02 cts, M/N color, VS clarity. It’s 7.80 x 7.41 x 4.37.

It’s so gorgeous and I can’t wait to get it!

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Here’s the video from Ouros!

I ended up going a little bigger, so it’s 2.02 cts, M/N color, VS clarity. It’s 7.80 x 7.41 x 4.37.

It’s so gorgeous and I can’t wait to get it!

Ok after looking at it a little further I am a little concerned that the table is rather large. Not sure if it’s the facets reflecting or what, but we’ll see I guess. I did ask them about it, but since it was custom cut I’m not sure there’s much to be done at this point.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks nice! It is a modern interpretation of a true OMC. I agree the table could be smaller. In this case the Maltese cross (name for the four large facets in the center) are very prominent. But in this video at least I don’t see a lot of leakage. You might find when viewed close up there is a fair bit of obstruction — the center facets might go dark when they reflect your noggin. Especially if you have dark hair. But you also mentioned that the price on this was very good. I think you would pay a fair bit more for one of the rare really spectacular true antique-looking ones of these. Maybe that compromise is worth it?

Please post photos when you get it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! How are you going to set it?

NK2012

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful! How are you going to set it?

I’m honestly so undecided. I’m still searching for inspiration. I feel like it’s not quite as warm/dark as my pictures show. I want to set it in rose gold to hopefully bring out its more champagne tone. Other than that, I’m still searching for the perfect setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results