shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique 2.2ct ruby oec cluster ring - bucket list item checked off!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color of the ruby and the setting! It was clearly meant to be and it couldn’t have gone to a more worthy owner! Congratulations and enjoy!!

You’re too sweet! Thank you for sharing in my excitement!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh that is yummy, I've got a soft spot for rubies and this is absolutely gorgeous! :kiss2:

Same! Something about them just makes me swoooooon!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most gorgeous ruby cluster ring! The color, the setting, the amazing chunky white OECs, the design and presence it has - incredible!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: But the most amazing thing is that this stunner made its way home to you and it is there to stay! So happy for you dear friend!

Thank you my dear!!! Appreciate you listening to the endless back and forth and supporting me through the wait!!! <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp, this ring is pretty much perfect!!! Love it in every way, what a beautiful ruby and amazing setting. It truly does look like it was made for your hand! Congratulations!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: G O R G E O U S!!!!!:appl:
The color is perfect and I love the story that it was the one that got away.. and then it wasn't.
A true happy ending.:D

I was hoping you saw this since I’ve always loved and admired your stunning heart ruby and Tiffany ruby pieces!!! Is there such a thing as too many rubies??? Neverrrrr!!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you do a side shot? The shoulders?
Pretty please?

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
oh, I'm envious; it's beautiful! I also have an antique ruby ring on my jewelry bucket list, but haven't found the right one yet... or at least not the right one at the right price.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely amazing, honestly. That is a stunning ruby, and exactly the colour I imagine a ruby to be.

I was wondering what was documented about the colour and saturation of this ruby and whether it has any modifiers or not?

Does it fluoresce?

What do you know about the OECs? I think there's something so perfect about OECs and ruby together, especially slightly larger OECs.

Thank you so much for sharing!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, I'm envious; it's beautiful! I also have an antique ruby ring on my jewelry bucket list, but haven't found the right one yet... or at least not the right one at the right price.

Yup this was my exact dilemma as well! I won’t lie, DH definitely had sticker shock but I just couldn’t pass it up for the second time. Could I have recreated it for less? Maybe, but would it have been perfect? Could I have gotten a ‘better’ or unheated ruby, yes, but it would’ve been much smaller. This one must’ve presented itself again for a reason...or so I like to think! :halo:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and obviously yours!

H

Horsegirl76

GORGEOUS! You have an incredible collection of rings! Enjoy!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is truly stunning! I love rubies and this is over the top gorgeous with the OEC diamonds!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely amazing, honestly. That is a stunning ruby, and exactly the colour I imagine a ruby to be.

I was wondering what was documented about the colour and saturation of this ruby and whether it has any modifiers or not?

Does it fluoresce?

What do you know about the OECs? I think there's something so perfect about OECs and ruby together, especially slightly larger OECs.

Thank you so much for sharing!

This is all the info on the GIA origin report. I’m debating whether I want to send it in to AGL for additional analysis (which I did with my emerald but that wasn’t certed at all). If and when I find out more, I’d be happy to let you know!
The OECs are roughly .11 points each, G color VS clarity-chunky, white and delicious!
1A1B59E7-AC4E-4B9A-BE84-E5D2A1DD57E2.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Really a wonderful ruby! That's a very neat story as well- was meant to be!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! :kiss2: The ruby is such a beautiful color and I love the setting, too! I have pictures saved with rings with shoulders like that! I'd love to find a ruby ring as pretty as yours one day! It's the perfect color to wear to celebrate the 4th this weekend!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This is all the info on the GIA origin report. I’m debating whether I want to send it in to AGL for additional analysis (which I did with my emerald but that wasn’t certed at all). If and when I find out more, I’d be happy to let you know!
The OECs are roughly .11 points each, G color VS clarity-chunky, white and delicious!
1A1B59E7-AC4E-4B9A-BE84-E5D2A1DD57E2.jpeg

Thank you for sharing!

I think sending it for a further report when it's already in a setting and would have to be unmounted would be a shame hey? I don't know how much risk to the setting that would be. Or I presume it has to be unmounted anyway.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
That’s lovely, just as perfect as a ruby should be.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous shoulders and gallery too
Thank you!

I’ll confess I approved a CAD two weeks ago that has a riff off of this style shoulder. Love it!

Ohhhh you did!!! Do tell more!!! Pretty please!!! :bigsmile:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! :kiss2: The ruby is such a beautiful color and I love the setting, too! I have pictures saved with rings with shoulders like that! I'd love to find a ruby ring as pretty as yours one day! It's the perfect color to wear to celebrate the 4th this weekend!

Thanks DS! I’m really SO in love with it and I’m happy to share with others who also appreciate her beauty! Between us, we’re ready for the 4th! I’ll bring the red, you bring the blue and since they both have the white we’re set! Hopefully one day! ::)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing!

I think sending it for a further report when it's already in a setting and would have to be unmounted would be a shame hey? I don't know how much risk to the setting that would be. Or I presume it has to be unmounted anyway.

AGL offers 2 options of unmounted and mounted stones but I would call to verify that being mounted wouldn’t interfere with the full analysis if I wanted the prestige full grading report. Maybe one of the pros could comment on what would be best or if they think it’s beneficial if I already have a GIA report? @denverappraiser @Rockdiamond @Karl_K @oldminer

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! You have an incredible collection of rings! Enjoy!

Thank you! I feel like I’m finally curating my tastes and collection. When I was younger I would just impulsively buy what I liked and realized that wasn’t always long lasting. Now I’m trying to think about what I really like/want and take my time rather than rush into things!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results