Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Answer on Setting for Glitter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
"FC -- I''ve been following your setting search. Did you decide on the DVatch Royal Crown, or the X-prong? I''m curious because I''m going through the same thought process."

=========
Hey Glitter,

Apologies for the late response - I decided on the Vatche Royal Crown Plat. The main reasons were:

1. For a 2ct+ round I wanted to ensure it was safely attached to the setting (and therefore safely attached to the finger) .. 6 prongs should help...

2. I like the smooth curves of the x-prong, but it appears that the stone is mounted lower than the Royal Crown - although that is just from looking at the pictures - not sure about this ?

I really like both these settings though (as well as some of the tension settings - but tension just would be risky with a 2ct+ stone...). Ultimately I ended up with the ''safe'' choice due to the 6 prongs.

Good luck - let me know what you think...

FC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.