shape
carat
color
clarity

Another what era is this ring?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2E9CA1BE-3162-420D-9928-5FB8D1F51638.jpeg A66ECBFC-5A97-4422-9D91-B8A4F5184BB8.jpeg I can’t explain why it matters to me so much, lol, but would love to hear your thoughts. I think that at some point I internalized a bias against 80’s jewelry,
Yet here I am with this ring. And it’s driving me nuts. Bc I like it. But I don’t want to be rocking an 80’s look and I don’t know why. I don’t know why I can’t embrace that decade. So. Should I rhodium dip this baby? Will that give it a non-80’s vibe? Or do you think it will distort it? I will say that the stone shines beautifully against the rich yellow. I just don’t know why I’m so tempted to change it up.
Would appreciate brutal honesty. Lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the 80s were so much fun (i was a teenager)
the clothes looked good on everyone
i won't know what era your ring is but i really like it
i like yellow gold
why don't you wear it a bit longer and see if it grows on you
but if you really don't like it better to change it than not wear it
where did you get it ?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it the way it is. I'm sure it would also look stunning in rhodium. It's the design that I appreciate. This is not like anything I saw in the 80s.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say 1990s or even early 2000's.
That baguette work is too wild for the 80s.
I like it! Leave it yellow.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the 80s were so much fun (i was a teenager)
the clothes looked good on everyone
i won't know what era your ring is but i really like it
i like yellow gold
why don't you wear it a bit longer and see if it grows on you
but if you really don't like it better to change it than not wear it
where did you get it ?
So I’ve been wearing it and loving it but I keep wondering how it would look in white.
I bought it at a pawn shop

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it the way it is. I'm sure it would also look stunning in rhodium. It's the design that I appreciate. This is not like anything I saw in the 80s.
Wow! That’s comforting to know. Lol. I keep googling 80’s rings and it doesn’t come up. I do appreciate the design. My hesitation to rhodium it is that the stone is very warm and I think the rich yellow is making it seem bright. Do you think a rhodium dip would change the vibe? To what?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so unusual @nala really hard to date. I’m inclined to agree with @stracci2000 but it’s got influences from all over the shop. It’s hard to read where your thoughts are going but if you decide to sell just putting my hand up :dance:. I love it!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so unusual @nala really hard to date. I’m inclined to agree with @stracci2000 but it’s got influences from all over the shop. It’s hard to read where your thoughts are going but if you decide to sell just putting my hand up :dance:. I love it!
Lol. I will keep you in mind if I can’t make peace with it. I don’t want to ruin it with rhodium. I just wish I could see a similar ring in white! Someone help me photoshop!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d actually put it earlier rather than later. To me the baguettes scream 50’s - 60’s. Since it has lovely swoops rather than the swoopy freeform excess of the late 70’s, I’d put it before that.

Take that with several large grains of salt, of course!

By the way, I absolutely love that contrast of yellow gold and white diamonds! To me, that balance of colors is part of what makes the piece special.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d actually put it earlier rather than later. To me the baguettes scream 50’s - 60’s. Since it has lovely swoops rather than the swoopy freeform excess of the late 70’s, I’d put it before that.

Take that with several large grains of salt, of course!

By the way, I absolutely love that contrast of yellow gold and white diamonds! To me, that balance of colors is part of what makes the piece special.
Thank you! Will google those decades!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I’ve been wearing it and loving it but I keep wondering how it would look in white.
I bought it at a pawn shop
its a great find !
I say 1990s or even early 2000's.
That baguette work is too wild for the 80s.
I like it! Leave it yellow.
this is what i felt but i do not have the knowledge most of you have but the look just reminded me of what was in main street jewlers' windows in the early 2000's

is it easy to reverse rhodium plating ?
you know if nala got it done and then didn't like it ?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You crack me up! I don't think it looks 80s at all. It looks older. 80s pronged the f*k out of everything and this ring is pleasantly smooth, not stabby at all. What does the underside of the ring look like? I personally think it's great in YG. We gave my MIL a ring from the 30s and it had a similar "spray" look. Maybe this is 40s-50s?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I will keep you in mind if I can’t make peace with it. I don’t want to ruin it with rhodium. I just wish I could see a similar ring in white! Someone help me photoshop!

38790075-2748-448C-8055-3162FC7FCA1A.jpeg

My vote is (unsurprisingly) keep it yellow, if you keep it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
38790075-2748-448C-8055-3162FC7FCA1A.jpeg

My vote is (unsurprisingly) keep it yellow, if you keep it.
Omg!!! Th also you! I am soooo gonna just look at this pic!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
01BAE0B9-E6B2-4FE2-94D7-213C37A96316.jpeg
You crack me up! I don't think it looks 80s at all. It looks older. 80s pronged the f*k out of everything and this ring is pleasantly smooth, not stabby at all. What does the underside of the ring look like? I personally think it's great in YG. We gave my MIL a ring from the 30s and it had a similar "spray" look. Maybe this is 40s-50s?

Lol. Thanks for easing my 80’s concern!
The underside is nothing special—almost as if they just soldered the bezel onto the swoop.
Here’s the pic

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results