shape
carat
color
clarity

Another visual...PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so here is my original post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photoshop-help-please.53005/ with photoshoped photos, curteousy of pricescope who was kind enough to show me what an upgrade on my center stone would look like.

My e-ring is currently approx. 4mm in width, I have found another similar band that is approx. 3mm in width.

So my question is....

Is there a noticible difference between the two sizes and could you possible *show* me what that would look like with both the current diamond that I have now, and what it would look like with the upgraded size as well, there are hand shots in the linked post, as well as a close up...

Thank you so so much! Everyone on here is always so nice and helpful, thank you!

ETA: Sorry I couldn't figure out how to post the awesome photoshoped pictures from the other post....

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the band I have now.... approx. 4mm

e-ring 1001.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the one I am considering.... approx. 3mm

semi-mounting 1001.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding band I am trying to match...approx. 3mm (I think it''s 2.75mm)

mine 1001.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here you go, an e-ring is 3 mm considering your original was 4. The major difference is that diamonds in the band go UNDER the center stone and not end up earlier like in your original e-ring.

3mm_e-band.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here is an original e-shank with your center on the left and an upgrade on the right.

Pricomp67.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome! I love you guys! If they sit flush though, they wouldn''t have the gap between the bands, correct?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
they all look nice, but I think I like the wider band for the smaller stone and the thinner band for the bigger stone...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 2:04:08 PM
Author: Sparkles22
If they sit flush though, they wouldn''t have the gap between the bands, correct?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

~~Correct...if they sit flush there will be no gap!!!
2.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 3:29:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
they all look nice, but I think I like the wider band for the smaller stone and the thinner band for the bigger stone...
I completely agree with this!!

KoCo

Rough_Rock
I prefer the thinner band either way. I think the thinner band just makes it look more delicate rather than bolder with the thicker band. Plus, it makes your current stone look bigger...thats always nice! In any event you have a beautiful set and ANY way you go I think it will be gorgeous!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 2:11:58 PM
Author: KoCo
I prefer the thinner band either way. I think the thinner band just makes it look more delicate rather than bolder with the thicker band. Plus, it makes your current stone look bigger...thats always nice! In any event you have a beautiful set and ANY way you go I think it will be gorgeous!
Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your input!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkles22,
I have a very similar wedding set, and I would go for the thinner bands, all the way, but that is bc I wear a 6.5 and find the thicker bands a little uncomfortable, especially as I have been gaining weight.
Plus, logically, the thinner the band, the bigger your rock will look!!!

oh, and I originally had a .74 Princess and upgraded to a 1.5 Radiant (not the smashed glass look, looks alot like a princess) and I love it. PErfect size, for me!

Hope you go for it!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 10:57:08 AM
Author: Sophie
Sparkles22,
I have a very similar wedding set, and I would go for the thinner bands, all the way, but that is bc I wear a 6.5 and find the thicker bands a little uncomfortable, especially as I have been gaining weight.
Plus, logically, the thinner the band, the bigger your rock will look!!!

oh, and I originally had a .74 Princess and upgraded to a 1.5 Radiant (not the smashed glass look, looks alot like a princess) and I love it. PErfect size, for me!

Hope you go for it!
Do you have a picture???? I would LOVE to see!!! Where did you get your bands at? I am having a lot of trouble finding thin princess cut bands. I don''t know if you saw my original post but I have a 0.71 princess center now and I am looking to upgrade it at some point, so I would love to see pictures!

Thank you!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Well I was able to find that e-ring semi-mount (the 3mm) in platinum for $1790! (It''s like $1000 more than 14kt white gold!) Is that a good price on that? If not they do price matches, but I would have to find that exact ring elsewhere for less....and I''ve looked with no luck!

It is going to take 6 weeks for it to come in, then we''ll see... I am leaning towards a thinner band because I think it might look nicer with the band I have now, as long as the diamonds still line up. It''s hard to tell until you can see it in person, but I tend to be of the matchy type (I know it''s probably my OCD kicking in).

I appreciate everyone''s opinions, it''s nice and refreshing to be able to get some honest responses!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
They told me it should be in for me to look at on April 19th.... Seems like forever away!....

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to a thread with several pics of my set...I will see if I can scan one of my wedding photos tomorrow to show you my original ering..

You have REALLY gorgeous, long fingers so I am sure you won't have the 'tight' feeling that I did!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:29:13 AM
Author: Sophie
Here is a link to a thread with several pics of my set...I will see if I can scan one of my wedding photos tomorrow to show you my original ering..

You have REALLY gorgeous, long fingers so I am sure you won''t have the ''tight'' feeling that I did!
Thank you for the compliment! When I was little I didn''t like them, I thought they were too long and looked like they belonged to an alien!

Your link didn''t show up would you mind posting it again? Thanks!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is very pretty thanks for sharing the picture! I don''t have any picture of my original
7.gif
Wish I had though, it would be fun to see the transformations that it has undergone, and now possibly one more. Are you happy with your set now? I think the 1.5 looks perfect on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results